GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very curious about this. Source of surveillance? Covert, left behind by investigators? Or forgotten nanny-cams? Is it normal for investigators to leave surveillance devices behind in a case like this?
I’m very curious about the source of surveillance too. They had surveillance video of her:
1) retrieving from AF bedroom
2) scrubbing in bathroom
3) bringing to master bedroom
4) inspecting with witness somewhere in the home.

It is very odd to have surveillance cameras in a bathroom.

Is it a hallway home surveillance camera that caught all these moves and happened to catch the sink area because the bathroom door was open or what?

I find it hard to imagine they already had warrants for video surveillance by noon on the 9th. TB had only been reported missing at 10 AM.

I imagine at this point most people assumed she would turn up alive - and grounded.

I’m thinking this is a home surveillance system and CS was not even thinking this would ever end up being a murder case and her home surveillance would be obtained by police. JMO.

It's possible that he didn't admit to her what he had done. Perhaps either from overt deception or from well-expected parental denial, she was under the impression that maybe he was part of a GROUP that had done the misdeed. As a parent, I'm going to act way differently if I believe my kid just happened to be present at something than if I believe my kid is solely responsible. Doesn't justify tampering with evidence, obviously, but you know, possible state of mind.
That's a very good point, I can understand her better in that light.

Last edited:
Did the mom let the cops take AF in for questioning alone? Did she meet up with him later? Did she stay behind to wash up? Were the jeans initially hidden from the cops, or had they not asked for them yet? Sorry to have to ask. I am shocked they have video of her inside her home. I actually felt sorry for her a tad, but a mom knows. She had to know on some level because they probably told her he was on video and what he was wearing (plus carrying his shoes). I wonder if the video also had audio.

just WOW!

This is from their facebook page:

St. Johns County Sheriff's Office

STATEMENT ON THE ARREST OF CRYSTAL SMITH (AIDEN FUCCI’S MOTHER):

195663318_4326245760732466_1720681428312845221_n.jpg

She knew: mistake? The cops leave with her son, and she immediately scrubs them? No mistake at all, imo. I am positive the residents had inside home surveillance for a big reason- who puts cameras inside their house to record their own family when they are there? Not most people I know....

For those of us who like big docs:
DocumentCloud

from: Teen Killer Aiden Fucci’s Mother Washed Her Son’s Blood-Stained Jeans After Tristyn Bailey Murder: Police

That's a real good point -- if it's their own surveillance, what prior behaviors or incidents led them to take such extreme measures?

There was a case here in my state where two brothers in a pickup hit 2 girls who were walking alongside the road. They left and went home to tell their mom. She covered for them by hiding evidence and their truck. The boys were drinking and driving to get more beer. There is a lot more to the story, and the mom went to jail for what she did. The whole town HATED her for covering for them. I actually knew the mom through business but live pretty far away. One of the girls ended up dying, but had the mom gone straight to the police they believed they both could have been saved. They left them both for dead and didn’t know they’d left a witness.

Did the mom let the cops take AF in for questioning alone? Did she meet up with him later? Did she stay behind to wash up? Were the jeans initially hidden from the cops, or had they not asked for them yet? Sorry to have to ask. I am shocked they have video of her inside her home. I actually felt sorry for her a tad, but a mom knows. She had to know on some level because they probably told her he was on video and what he was wearing (plus carrying his shoes). I wonder if the video also had audio.

just WOW!
Yeah it sounds like the mom let them take him alone. That seems weird, right? I wonder what was she thinking? He is in middle school. Not that as a parent you’d intervene at all like a lawyer, but you would at least be with them. And perhaps at some point realize he needs a lawyer.

The report says there was a witness at home. Any chance that witness voluntarily gave the video? Or at least reported what they saw which was how the police were able to obtain it?

Yeah it sounds like the mom let them take him alone. That seems weird, right? I wonder what was she thinking? He is in middle school. Not that as a parent you’d intervene at all like a lawyer, but you would at least be with them. And perhaps at some point realize he needs a lawyer.

Not defending anyone here, but Aiden does have a father. I can see a scenario where the mother calls the Father, tells him what's going on and he says, go check his room, blah blah blah...I'll go to the Police Station. Meet me there.

Just thinking out loud and all MOO

Since I know cops can lie to anyone during an interrogation, no way I would let my kid go without me and an attorney too! Even if he’s guilty he would need an attorney!

Not defending anyone here, but Aiden does have a father. I can see a scenario where the mother calls the Father, tells him what's going on and he says, go check his room, blah blah blah...I'll go to the Police Station. Meet me there.

Just thinking out loud and all MOO
Yes, that makes sense, but I would worry they would talk to him before his dad was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon