Forensic reports in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once someone stops breathing, isn't that what happens - every organ in the body is deprived of oxygen?

Dr Baden is on Fox now - says they would "know who the father is, but that isn't being released".

Dr Baden was struck by the chloroform found in the air samples - could be cause of death.

Why not release it? I think it could be very important to the case.

If someone is able to watch the fox update with Dr. Baden, can you please post info. for those of us who can't!

Very!

"anaerobic decomposition: the decomposition of organic matter in the absence of oxygen."

I was anticipating a much stronger wording in the report.
This report, as it stands right now, can be totally dissected by the Defense.

Yes, yes very interesting. The defense is probably doing some cartwheels right now while they hire experts who can drive a truck through the holes this report leaves for them.

Not being glib, but I never bought GA story, especially on Greta.

I don't buy either one of the sightings - not the Casey/Caylee "leaving for work" on the 16th, nor the whole "tire chucks" tale from the 24th.

I could buy that at some point Casey snuck into her house and was surprised to find dad at home, but the 2 sightings don't ring true because of the amount of detail George threw in there.

So, wait...chloroform is a chemical that comes from a decomposing body?

In trace amounts but if you read between the lines, it indicates that there are high amounts of chloroform not consistent with normal decomp.

ok, so if the report says 2.6 days...this would mean that Caylee would have been gone on when? the 25th? 24th, 23rd, Deffinately not the 15th or 16th as MANY have stated here.

Am I wrong?

Once someone stops breathing, isn't that what happens - every organ in the body is deprived of oxygen?

Dr Baden is on Fox now - says they would "know who the father is, but that isn't being released".

Dr Baden was struck by the chloroform found in the air samples - could be cause of death.

I think that it means that the decomposition took place in an oxygen deprived environment, not that the body was deprived of oxygen, so it started to decompose. Maybe someone with a better grasp on this can confirm.

Also, I wish they would just release the father's id. I'll be watching Fox for sure!

Decomposition will occur differently in an oxygen deprived enviroment vs. a normal enviroment. It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not someone is still breathing.
Lanie

And I'm sure there will be a bigger media blitz from them over the next few days. If I were them I would be hiding in my house, not even answering the phone. But, like their daughter, they have no shame. Disgusting creatures!

exactly, if no decomp in trunk, these would have not shown up. The anaerobic decomposition is telling, IMHO.

I'm thinking she was buried in the backyard almost immediately, hence the anaerobic (without oxygen) decomp event. She was later moved to the trunk.

If someone is able to watch the fox update with Dr. Baden, can you please post info. for those of us who can't!
He wasn't on long - made a comment about cases they see in NYC in which drug addicts who don't have babysitters give their kids some kind of medication to knock them out so they can go party, and in some cases they give the kids too much and they die.

He hypothesized that the chloroform may have been used in a similar manner.

I have a feeling Fox will be featuring the forensic results pretty regularly today.

How would they "know" who the father is....unless they have HIS dna?

I'd Say they have HIS DNA.

Bold statement to make without...so.. you are correct

How would they "know" who the father is....unless they have HIS dna?

They can make a deduction from the DNA of the baby, and then sometimes they have to force though subpoena the DNA test from the father for further confirmation.

I have to go back and read it again, but I cant believe KC is in jail based on this. I read a whole lot of preliminary, more tests, could be, etc....
At one point it says trace amounts of Chloroform then later toward the end it says significant, that seems contradictory to me.
Anyone else reading what I am, again, I am going to read it again....

The tests and these reports are not in and of themselves damning. Nor would they be enough to to even jail her by themselves. But they are another strong link of coroboration.

Take the air tests for example. The most damning piece of evidence is the direct observation of a "smell of death" by several independent observers. These include a trained LE investigator, the tow yard operator who can link the smell to a known incident of death and decomposition, CA herself in her excited utterances to 911, and GA in his formal statements to LE. Add these observations to the hits by two independent cadaver dogs and the air sample tests and you have some truly damning evidence that there was a dead body in that trunk.

The single decaying hair may seem like a stretch as it can not rule out either Casey or Caylee, and there is soem statistical chance it might be some random stranger. But this hair shows death and decomp. So we know there was a dead HUMAN in the trunk. Probably for 2-3 days. We know the hair sample from the dead human in the trunk is almost absolutely from the A family. Head count time... who's missing?

Yes this is a mostly circumstantial case. But it is a very strong one built on a web of seemingly insignificant facts the cross coroborate others. Making the ultimate conclusions almost irrefutable.

well....8 loooong hours left till nancy grace gets her experts on to comb thru and explain these reports in detail...lol

Yes, yes very interesting. The defense is probably doing some cartwheels right now while they hire experts who can drive a truck through the holes this report leaves for them.

I respectfully and strongly disagree.

Anyone thinking this doesnt seem like much, think about the fact that this covers only what was already leaked out - they definitely have more but we already were leaked all this so they gave it out - what difference would it make now?

Decomposition will occur differently in an oxygen deprived enviroment vs. a normal enviroment. It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not someone is still breathing.
Lanie

... and I wonder if just being in the trunk would constitute being deprived of oxygen while decomposing. How well sealed was that trunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant