Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's been 170 days since the little boy disappeared. Monday, December 25, Christmas Day, Emile's family launched a new call to prayer to find their child. “We wish everyone a very happy Christmas and we once again recommend your prayers to see our Émile again,” writes the child’s mother on the Facebook group “Let’s pray for Émile” ("Prions pour Émile"). As soon as it was posted online, the post sparked reactions and messages of support."

Last edited:
"In the Notre-Dame du Laus sanctuary, a chapel is dedicated to Émile. According to the rector of this place, the little boy's parents saw a connection between a legend of the sanctuary and their story."
[...]
"Inside the building, a chapel is dedicated to Émile. “The photo of little Émile is placed here to invite pilgrims not to forget what happened,” explains Michel Desplanches, rector of the Notre-Dame du Laus sanctuary to BFMTV. They also leave “scapular images” and “some candies” there."

"Almost six months after his disappearance, little Émile still remains nowhere to be found. Since July 8, numerous searches have taken place, notably around Haut-Vernet at the home of a 17-year-old young man. For the first time, the latter's mother agreed to speak with BFMTV on the family farm, located four kilometers from Haut-Vernet."

Screenshot_20231226_174928_Samsung Internet.jpg

New, about 40 minutes long, "Émile, la vallée du soupçon":

I take it there has been no news to start the new year?
I’d love to know more about why LE seems convinced the 17 year old may be involved. Is there anything more than just circumstantial evidence, of him being seen? Did someone point the finger? Did somebody see something?
Hopefully Emile can be found this year.

Disparition du petit Emile: un péage d'autoroute à plus de 50km du Haut-Vernet au centre des investigations, on vous explique pourquoi

In total, no less than 300 seals were recovered and analyzed, as detailed by our colleagues from Midi Libre.

One of the key devices in this investigation is Anacrim. All information collected and each data is recorded in this device. This ranges from hearings to testimonies, including video surveillance images and even the geolocation of phones. Everything is analyzed, verified and cross-referenced.

It is with this logic that the investigators set out to dissect the profile of all the people who were limited to the area at the time of the disappearance. Nearly 1,600 telephone lines were detected

ATMs scrutinized

In addition to cell phones, ATMs are also being scrutinized via video surveillance.

More than a hundred ATMs in a well-defined area around the place of disappearance a few hours before and after Emile's disappearance were also identified. Each video from ATMs is analyzed: a suspect could have withdrawn money within this time frame.

The A51(n.b highway) toll at the center of investigations

Another key area seems to interest the investigators in charge of the investigations. This is a toll on the A51 motorway. The 50,000 video surveillance images are scrutinized.

Although located about fifty kilometers from the place of disappearance of little Emile, this toll is scrutinized in order to determine if a person whose mobile phone was limited in the area at the time of the events, passed through the toll, according to the details given by Le Figaro.

This verification work is long and laborious, but it could well be necessary and make it possible to identify a potential suspect or a potential witness who has not presented himself to the police.

"If we have an interesting boundary in Vernet with a vehicle that ends up fifty kilometers further, at the toll, it will be worth taking an interest in its driver and asking him what he went to do at that moment. ",
explains General François Daoust, former director of the Criminal Research Institute of the National Gendarmerie.

I take it there has been no news to start the new year?
I’d love to know more about why LE seems convinced the 17 year old may be involved. Is there anything more than just circumstantial evidence, of him being seen? Did someone point the finger? Did somebody see something?
Hopefully Emile can be found this year.
He's no longer a POI, he was just seen as a "bad boy" by the other inhabitants if Le Vernet, cause he was driving too fast and had some arguments with some of them before. The inhabitants probably talked about him to the cop when they started to get interviewed by LE and that's why they went to check on him, I guess. I also think I've read somewhere that he had an alibi anyway
(This is all based on few articles I've read during the last months but I don't feel like linking all of them lol)

Disparition du petit Emile: un péage d'autoroute à plus de 50km du Haut-Vernet au centre des investigations, on vous explique pourquoi

In total, no less than 300 seals were recovered and analyzed, as detailed by our colleagues from Midi Libre.

One of the key devices in this investigation is Anacrim. All information collected and each data is recorded in this device. This ranges from hearings to testimonies, including video surveillance images and even the geolocation of phones. Everything is analyzed, verified and cross-referenced.

It is with this logic that the investigators set out to dissect the profile of all the people who were limited to the area at the time of the disappearance. Nearly 1,600 telephone lines were detected

ATMs scrutinized

In addition to cell phones, ATMs are also being scrutinized via video surveillance.

More than a hundred ATMs in a well-defined area around the place of disappearance a few hours before and after Emile's disappearance were also identified. Each video from ATMs is analyzed: a suspect could have withdrawn money within this time frame.

The A51(n.b highway) toll at the center of investigations

Another key area seems to interest the investigators in charge of the investigations. This is a toll on the A51 motorway. The 50,000 video surveillance images are scrutinized.

Although located about fifty kilometers from the place of disappearance of little Emile, this toll is scrutinized in order to determine if a person whose mobile phone was limited in the area at the time of the events, passed through the toll, according to the details given by Le Figaro.

This verification work is long and laborious, but it could well be necessary and make it possible to identify a potential suspect or a potential witness who has not presented himself to the police.

"If we have an interesting boundary in Vernet with a vehicle that ends up fifty kilometers further, at the toll, it will be worth taking an interest in its driver and asking him what he went to do at that moment. ", explains General François Daoust, former director of the Criminal Research Institute of the National Gendarmerie.
That is an incredible amount of work. I wonder if there is software to automate some of it, but it may also depend on what type of data it’s being fed and how well the systems communicate with each other.

It still seems so unlikely that a stranger drove up in an unfamiliar car and nobody noticed in a small community like this. Maybe I'm mistaken and people visit often so it wouldn't have been odd.

#Prosecutor Jean-Luc Blachon told BFMTV: “The case is still very much under investigation. We are using long-term analysis techniques.”

He said that the investigation was “not petering out” and that some of the new information coming to light is quite precise. This includes further investigation into the A51 toll.

The A51 is a motorway in southeast France that connects Marseille and Aix-en-Provence, with 128 km of toll road between Aix-en-Provence, and Saulce. The péage booth in question is around 50 km from Le Vernet.

The aim is to cross-reference images from vehicles passing through the péagewith any profiles of interest in the investigation, including by using records of the 1,600 phones identified as being in a 50km radius of the hamlet on the day that Émile disappeared.

Not all police are convinced that studying the péage records will be useful, however. One anonymous police source told Le Figaro: “The péage is over 50 kilometres away...We have to be serious. How do you expect us to discover anything with that?”

But General François Daoust, former Director of the Institut de Recherche Criminelle de la Gendarmerie Nationale (IRCGN), explained: “If we have a pertinent boundary marker at Le Vernet, and a vehicle ends up 50 kilometres down the road, at the toll booth, it would be worth looking at the driver and asking them what they were doing at the time.”

#Prosecutor Jean-Luc Blachon told BFMTV: “The case is still very much under investigation. We are using long-term analysis techniques.”

He said that the investigation was “not petering out” and that some of the new information coming to light is quite precise. This includes further investigation into the A51 toll.

The A51 is a motorway in southeast France that connects Marseille and Aix-en-Provence, with 128 km of toll road between Aix-en-Provence, and Saulce. The péage booth in question is around 50 km from Le Vernet.

The aim is to cross-reference images from vehicles passing through the péagewith any profiles of interest in the investigation, including by using records of the 1,600 phones identified as being in a 50km radius of the hamlet on the day that Émile disappeared.

Not all police are convinced that studying the péage records will be useful, however. One anonymous police source told Le Figaro: “The péage is over 50 kilometres away...We have to be serious. How do you expect us to discover anything with that?”

But General François Daoust, former Director of the Institut de Recherche Criminelle de la Gendarmerie Nationale (IRCGN), explained: “If we have a pertinent boundary marker at Le Vernet, and a vehicle ends up 50 kilometres down the road, at the toll booth, it would be worth looking at the driver and asking them what they were doing at the time.”
A bit of luck is certainly part of every investigation. We press our thumbs!

A lot of time has passed and I'm quite surprised this case has no real leads. I'm a little doubtful this case will ever be solved, mainly due to the small size of Émile, which makes him very hard to find and much easier for a perpetrator to hide evidence.

I wonder what other people's opinions are on this odd case of poor missing Émile - What do you guys think happened that day?

Initially my theory was misadventure; that he had wandered off alone excitedly into nature, but well outside the range they believed he was capable of travelling and succumbed to hypothermia at night. However, after so many ground searches of the area, it does probably seem more likely that a crime was involved.

A lot of time has passed and I'm quite surprised this case has no real leads. I'm a little doubtful this case will ever be solved, mainly due to the small size of Émile, which makes him very hard to find and much easier for a perpetrator to hide evidence.

I wonder what other people's opinions are on this odd case of poor missing Émile - What do you guys think happened that day?

Initially my theory was misadventure; that he had wandered off alone excitedly into nature, but well outside the range they believed he was capable of travelling and succumbed to hypothermia at night. However, after so many ground searches of the area, it does probably seem more likely that a crime was involved.

I'm with you. I believe that he wandered further than the search team was looking. :(

Curiously, I watched a documentary on this case today and one of the leads put forward by the people interviewed in the village was that little Emile had been the victim of a set-up by his family, who were religious and have a lot of kid etc. Some of the villagers wondered if there wasn't a big family secret there. Others were still leaning towards the abduction theory, as the tracking dogs had all stopped at a precise point on the road, so little Emile had either been abducted or the victim of an accident that they had tried to cover up.
I don't really remember what does it look around this town. But the theory about the wandering can be true because on the documentary I watched they say some people saw Émile walking that day. I hope we will get more info about this case. :)

"The little boy's grandfather was heard in 2018 as a witness in an investigation into suspected violence in a religious community in the north of France, where he had been an educator. He himself was then described as "the roughest of all."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member