Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone from the past would have taken revenge on the grandfather - do you think, it played a role, that Emile was his FIRST grandson? Is there a certain religious reference to something like that (in the special religious community, to which the grandfather belongs)?

Disparition d'Émile: une "mise en situation" aura lieu la semaine prochaine au Haut-Vernet

"A "scenario" will take place next week in Haut-Vernet, at the place where Émile, two and a half years old, disappeared more than eight months ago, BFM TV and BFM DICI learned from a source close to the investigation. this Wednesday, March 20.

The scenario will be organized in the presence of the young boy's family, eyewitnesses and investigating judges. It is not a reconstruction because the investigators do not know what happened: if the child was kidnapped, if there was an accident (...). The investigating judges therefore decided to carry out a “scenario”.

The objective for the investigators is to retrace the day, or at least to replay the end of the afternoon of July 8, 2023, in order to highlight possible contradictions, inconsistencies, or on the contrary to cross-check. All this will be supervised by the two investigating judges and the gendarmes.

On this occasion, the hamlet of Haut-Vernet will be completely sealed off."

Disparition d'Émile: une "mise en situation" aura lieu la semaine prochaine au Haut-Vernet

"A "scenario" will take place next week in Haut-Vernet, at the place where Émile, two and a half years old, disappeared more than eight months ago, BFM TV and BFM DICI learned from a source close to the investigation. this Wednesday, March 20.

The scenario will be organized in the presence of the young boy's family, eyewitnesses and investigating judges. It is not a reconstruction because the investigators do not know what happened: if the child was kidnapped, if there was an accident (...). The investigating judges therefore decided to carry out a “scenario”.

The objective for the investigators is to retrace the day, or at least to replay the end of the afternoon of July 8, 2023, in order to highlight possible contradictions, inconsistencies, or on the contrary to cross-check. All this will be supervised by the two investigating judges and the gendarmes.

Very interesting and certainly a very good strategy.

Oh my! I wonder how frequently something like that happens in France for unsolved cases. Does anyone know?

Can't help but think this should have been done within a much shorter time frame of Émile disappearing! :(

Oh my! I wonder how frequently something like that happens in France for unsolved cases. Does anyone know?

A similar exercise relating to the Chevaline murders was carried out in 2021 to better ascertain the timelines of the various witnesses on the day. As a result the motorcyclist encountered by forest rangers was arrested, but released without charge soon after.

I wish we could watch the reenactment. I wonder if one person will move in a way that is inconsistent with what LE knows.

In some ways this is exactly how I go about finding lost items. Retrace my steps. Invariably is the retracing that jars the memory loose, especially if I'd done something of forgotten, like go in the fridge and then, voila, there it is.

Perhaps the reenactment will trigger a memory -- saw a person, saw a car -- and LE's action will bring in tips.

Elsewhere, if someone is responsible for disappearing him, they will know where Emile was and where they were and where they went from there. This person will have to create a believable narrative that doesn't contradict others' across that day!

Like this. Let's call that person X. Emile is E. Other players/witnesses are W1, W2, W3...

X says he walks out of his house and goes left. (Deceptive because he actually went right.)

W1 and W2 live to the right. They say they saw E and X. That, in fact, X was lined up to pass E after W1 and W2 passes by him.

Conversely if X owns up and goes right during the reenactment, he absolutely is on track to reach E with no other Ws in that area.

Do we suppose LE is asking all the residents to participate as if in real time, of the day? Or stunt doubles? Members of LE doing a run through?

Are they tightening the screws on anyone in particular or are they truly out of leads?

All MOO.

I wish we could watch the reenactment. I wonder if one person will move in a way that is inconsistent with what LE knows.

In some ways this is exactly how I go about finding lost items. Retrace my steps. Invariably is the retracing that jars the memory loose, especially if I'd done something of forgotten, like go in the fridge and then, voila, there it is.

Perhaps the reenactment will trigger a memory -- saw a person, saw a car -- and LE's action will bring in tips.

Elsewhere, if someone is responsible for disappearing him, they will know where Emile was and where they were and where they went from there. This person will have to create a believable narrative that doesn't contradict others' across that day!

Like this. Let's call that person X. Emile is E. Other players/witnesses are W1, W2, W3...

X says he walks out of his house and goes left. (Deceptive because he actually went right.)

W1 and W2 live to the right. They say they saw E and X. That, in fact, X was lined up to pass E after W1 and W2 passes by him.

Conversely if X owns up and goes right during the reenactment, he absolutely is on track to reach E with no other Ws in that area.

Do we suppose LE is asking all the residents to participate as if in real time, of the day? Or stunt doubles? Members of LE doing a run through?

Are they tightening the screws on anyone in particular or are they truly out of leads?

All MOO.
The boy and the older gentleman didnt one say Emile went one way and the other said he went the other way? and even that was weird because the older man said if there had been any danger his dog would have barked but then it turned out his dog wasnt even there as it was at the vets that day

The boy and the older gentleman didnt one say Emile went one way and the other said he went the other way? and even that was weird because the older man said if there had been any danger his dog would have barked but then it turned out his dog wasnt even there as it was at the vets that day
Yes I remember about that, but then one of them (cant remember which one) came back on his statements and said the other one was right (weird imo)

Disparition du petit Émile : le passé de son gran… : https://youtu.be/FiiwqDOvxOk

In this video posted by Europe 1 (french radio) it's stated that Emile's grandfather was previously an educator in a religious community in North of France ("traditionalist catholic").
At the time he was working there, he called himself "Father Philippe".
He was interviewed about violence against some of these children.
During his interviews with LE, he admited he had been hitting those kids. He admitted slapping them in the face, punching them in the shoulder, and kicking them (but not often, from his own words).

Idk why I feel weird about the grandpa since the beginning of this story but that's just my own opinion and I'm not accusing him of anything for sure.

Last edited:

It seems to me that if they wanted a somewhat accurate scenario they wouldn't close access to the village. Wouldn't they be testing whether or not a toddler could be kidnapped from the street without anyone noticing?

La disparition d’Emile au Vernet : son grand-père brise le silence après de nouvelles révélations

"The grandfather of little Emile, who disappeared in July 2023, would be the target of a complaint for rape and sexual assault, according to Le Canard enchainé. The main person concerned broke the silence.

Emile vanished on July 8, 2023, at two and a half years old, while he was on vacation with his grandparents in Haut Vernet. For several days, it is the child's maternal grandfather who has been in the spotlight. Le Canard enchainé revealed that several complaints have been filed against Philippe Vedovini. The man appears in cases of rape, sexual assault and violence against minors. With M6, he reacted to these revelations.

For several days, numerous revelations have emerged about the dubious past of Emile's maternal grandfather. Philippe Vedovini appears as a witness assisted in a judicial investigation into acts of violence against minors. The grandfather actually supervised children in the 90s, within a religious community in Riaumont.

Le Canard enchainé revealed testimonies from former supervisors and residents, evoking very violent methods on the part of the person concerned. But the newspaper also revealed that a complaint for rape and sexual assault against the former supervisor was allegedly filed by a resident. A new revelation which made Philippe Vedovini react.

Émile’s grandfather “totally devastated” according to his lawyer
Questioned by RTL and M6, the lawyer for Emile's grandfather denounces a violation of the secrecy of the investigation, in a case which has no connection with the disappearance of the child. Me Isabelle Colombani also explained that her client would be “totally devastated”. In 2018, Philippe Vedovini admitted having given “a little harsh” punishments. However, the health professional now denies the facts of rape, according to information from RTL.

Philippe Vedovini reacts to the accusations

Contacted by M6, Philippe Vedovini broke the silence: “We are used to these filthy logorrhea”. “Don’t worry about us. The main thing for us is my grandson,” added little Emile’s grandfather. Me Isabelle Colombani recalls that he is “neither a suspect nor interviewed in the context of simple police custody” in the investigation into the disappearance of her grandson. “These people are already cruelly struck by what is happening to them, and there, we do not hesitate to drag Mr. Vedovini through the mud to make a link between this Riaumont affair, and the affair of the disappearance of the little Émile,” the lawyer also castigated our colleagues."

Disparition du petit Émile : le passé de son gran… : https://youtu.be/FiiwqDOvxOk

In this video posted by Europe 1 (french radio) it's stated that Emile's grandfather was previously an educator in a religious community in North of France ("traditionalist catholic").
At the time he was working there, he called himself "Father Philippe".
He was interviewed about violence against some of these children.
During his interviews with LE, he admited he had been hitting those kids. He admitted slapping them in the face, punching them in the shoulder, and kicking them (but not often, from his own words).

Idk why I feel weird about the grandpa since the beginning of this story but that's just my own opinion and I'm not accusing him of anything for sure.
I also felt the same. I would have to go back to the very beginning to remember what I read about the grandfather that gave me pause, but I do remember it being mentioned. JMO

I also felt the same. I would have to go back to the very beginning to remember what I read about the grandfather that gave me pause, but I do remember it being mentioned. JMO
This post references that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member