Found Alive GA - Ayvani Perez, 14, Ellenwood, 17 Sept 2013

Gosh I was sure hoping for a resolution by this morning:banghead: The longer they have her......sigh :scared:

How are these kidnappers communicating with family/LE? And how many times? Landline (traceable), cell phone (pingable?), e-mail (trace the IP address).

I wish we knew something definite, an update/PC would be helpful.

IMO

Of course I am very concerned about this beautiful young lady, but this whole scenario irks me. No one invades someone's home asking for money and valuables, shoots the dog and KIDNAPS a teenager. I mean, yes, nothing should surprise me these days, but most people who invade/rob homes with take the goods and run OR immediately "silence" or tie up any witnesses. Kidnapping just makes everything way more complicated for them. Nothing makes sense.

I also have to admit, the police sketches are REALLY detailed. I mean like, REALLY--almost like photos. I've never seen them either done that well or that intricate. Makes me think the mother knew or recognized these people, maybe not by name, but through other means....

Thus, to me, it seems that someone in that family owed a drug/money debt and unfortunately, the perps took Ayvani as payment as punishment. These thugs always terrorize or go after family members, it's so common.

And now I come on here and hear this:
WSB Richard Sangster reports the mother of kidnapping victim Ayvani Perez was arrested in 2012 on drug trafficking charges.
http://inagist.com/all/380298579211874305/

IF this is true---That makes it clear.

this ransom stuff: umm... did they call? who did they call? did they send a letter? did they call the tip line?

also: isn't it kind of against protocol to meet ransom demands? (maybe I have watched too many hostage negotiation-themed movies... :eek: )

I don't understand why the family is saying a ransom was demanded, yet the police are denying it. :waitasec:

Softail, the police are not denying it, but refusing to confirm it...semantics/SOP for FBI/GBI, imo..

MSM states Mom was arrested on Trafficking charges. Was she convicted? I mean trafficking usually involves some Jail time???? One would think a drug charge would have hit the Courts by now???

I know.. right????

I *swear* when I read the ajc article this morning it said something about an anonymous LE source confirmed the ransom but when I checked again it is not there? Idk.. maybe I read it somewhere else.

How strange!

This case sure has taken a bizarre turn!

Arianne, I hear ya about IK (re: ransom). Didn't IK also do that with SK iirc?

just re read it.. yup it is still in there:

Ayvani’s aunt, Suky Guerrero, told the AJC Tuesday that family members were trying to get the money together to secure the teen’s release. The AJC confirmed the ransom demand with a law enforcement official close to the investigation who was unauthorized to speak publicly.http://www.ajc.com/news/news/police...ZysT/?icmp=ajc_internallink_textlink_homepage

I'm curious. Why would you say that? Not being argumentative, just would like to hear your thoughts behind that statement.

I know what you mean, and I don't know why I think that. It's so hard to REALLY know what's going on here. It doesn't help that just two nights ago I read the story of Israel Keyes who asked for ransom (and got it) for one of his victims who was already dead anyway.

Hi Claire- Like AE, I just feel this way, no real reason why. They asked for 10K and now it is 100K. This is a game for them and they don't care what happens to Ayvani. jmo

Softail, the police are not denying it, but refusing to confirm it...semantics/SOP for FBI/GBI, imo..

According to this article from this morning... They are Denying it!

Video at link

FBI Joins Search for Abducted Teen Ayvani Hope Perez

Sept. 18, 2013
Investigators have fanned out across Georgia with police checkpoints and helicopters searching for a 14-year-old girl who was abducted from her home by two armed intruders.

The girl's aunt, Suky Guerrero, told ABC News affiliate WSB-TV that the family was attempting to put enough money together to pay a ransom. Police have denied the claim that a ransom has been demanded by the suspects.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-joins-s...ry?id=20288628

I know.. right????

I *swear* when I read the ajc article this morning it said something about an anonymous LE source confirmed the ransom but when I checked again it is not there? Idk.. maybe I read it somewhere else.

How strange!

It is in this article. http://www.ajc.com/news/news/police-14-year-old-girl-kidnapped-from-clayton-cou/nZysT/

Ayvani’s aunt, SG, told the AJC Tuesday that family members were trying to get the money together to secure the teen’s release. The AJC confirmed the ransom demand with a law enforcement official close to the investigation who was unauthorized to speak publicly.

You should contact one of the moderators here. Perhaps they could assist you in locating your mom's screen name here. So sorry for your loss. Those who take time to post here on WS are always missed...they are the best of the best.

I don't understand why the family is saying a ransom was demanded, yet the police are denying it. :waitasec:

I know.. right????

How strange!

According to this article from this morning... They are Denying it!

Video at link

FBI Joins Search for Abducted Teen Ayvani Hope Perez

Sept. 18, 2013
Investigators have fanned out across Georgia with police checkpoints and helicopters searching for a 14-year-old girl who was abducted from her home by two armed intruders.

The girl's aunt, Suky Guerrero, told ABC News affiliate WSB-TV that the family was attempting to put enough money together to pay a ransom. Police have denied the claim that a ransom has been demanded by the suspects.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-joins-s...ry?id=20288628

:scared: I seriously don't know what to think now! I just hope she's okay!

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...vptRSmXe7StpFb0iDHiH336JvptRQ&t=h&mra=ls&z=13

bumping up the map. I put stockbridge hs on here (as the link up stream said she still attends school there)
It is ten miles away.
another link earlier yesterday (video with neighbors) said that neighbors would see mom walk Ayvani to the bus stop.

If you live outside of the district would the bus pick you up in GA? I know where I live if you do school of choice you are responsible for your own transportation??? Just wondering.. (maybe the city bus comes into the neighborhood?? idk..) Just added the hs location to the map.

:scared: I seriously don't know what to think now! I just hope she's okay!

I don't either. I mean, if there was a ransom demand then alrighty. If there wasn't there wasn't. I would also question if there is, how was the change in the amount communicated? :waitasec: Why would the family make these claims if they aren't true?

So many conflicting pieces of information. It doesn't make sense to me. :waitasec:

<respectfully sniped for focus>

I also have to admit, the police sketches are REALLY detailed. I mean like, REALLY--almost like photos. I've never seen them either done that well or that intricate. Makes me think the mother knew or recognized these people, maybe not by name, but through other means....

watchful_eye, we had the discussion concerning updated sketch technology a few days ago on one of the Israel Keyes threads.
All sketches should be this professional.. 'Looks more like a photo of IK, than a sketch, imo
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221642&highlight=israel+keyes comment #13 & #22

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...ch-artist-john-mcmahon-joey-bochicchio-hauser

The composite was hand-drawn by John McMahon, a caricaturist with a gun, badge and pencil. A third-generation cop who was born with an artistic flair, McMahon, 55, is a veteran forensic artist and robbery detective with the Broward Sheriff's Office.

McMahon and his brethren of forensic artists are relics in a modern crime-fighting world where video surveillance systems and computer software often replace the pen and paper.

His sketches over the years — each signed "McMahon BSO" — have captured the faces of South Florida's dark side, including serial killers, rapists, burglars, and kidnappers.

Legend has it that even some in the criminal underworld are admirers of his work.
<sniped-read more>

Sometimes when a person is kidnapped, some opportunist pretends to be a kidnapper and asks for ransom.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...vptRSmXe7StpFb0iDHiH336JvptRQ&t=h&mra=ls&z=13

bumping up the map. I put stockbridge hs on here (as the link up stream said she still attends school there)
It is ten miles away.
another link earlier yesterday (video with neighbors) said that neighbors would see mom walk Ayvani to the bus stop.

If you live outside of the district would the bus pick you up in GA? I know where I live if you do school of choice you are responsible for your own transportation??? Just wondering.. (maybe the city bus comes into the neighborhood?? idk..) Just added the hs location to the map.

Henry (the county Stockbridge HS is in) is very strict about district attendance and school zones. It appears since they recently moved, she has the option to finish the semester in Henry County at her current high school, but the transportation must be provided by the family to the school. I know there are special education rules, etc. but within this area of GA most of the "school choice" law pertains to within county lines.

As far as public transportation, Clayton Co has a bus line, but it wouldn't run from that part of the county to Henry.

<respectfully sniped for focus>

watchful_eye, we had the discussion concerning updated sketch technology a few days ago on one of the Israel Keyes threads.
All sketches should be this professional.. 'Looks more like a photo of IK, than a sketch, imo
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221642&highlight=israel+keyes comment #13 & #22

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...ch-artist-john-mcmahon-joey-bochicchio-hauser

The composite was hand-drawn by John McMahon, a caricaturist with a gun, badge and pencil. A third-generation cop who was born with an artistic flair, McMahon, 55, is a veteran forensic artist and robbery detective with the Broward Sheriff's Office.

McMahon and his brethren of forensic artists are relics in a modern crime-fighting world where video surveillance systems and computer software often replace the pen and paper.

His sketches over the years — each signed "McMahon BSO" — have captured the faces of South Florida's dark side, including serial killers, rapists, burglars, and kidnappers.

Legend has it that even some in the criminal underworld are admirers of his work.
<sniped-read more>

That is fascinating. Thanks for your posts on this.

It is ten miles away.

I live in a different county in metro Atlanta, but here, even if you transfer your child to a different school outside of the zone, but still within the district, you are responsible for their transportation. The only school transportation is to and from the school that you are zoned for. Hope that made sense!

Jeremy Campbell &#8207;@Jeremy11alive 8m
Mobile command unit outside Perez house #11alive pic.twitter.com/BvapiSVXi4

BUcycJjCMAEWtHe.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member