GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooo way. Her nose is wider

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Ive edited to remove the backpage photo as im guessing side by side photos arent allowed.
f796b7e17ffc30d199c27ebf9c4b2774.jpg

Looked on Backpage Atlanta. This sure looks like her!

<modsnip>

I see the resemblance but the eyebrows are totally different. I don't think it's her.

If this is trafficking related could they not have moved her to another state?

Looked on Backpage Atlanta. This sure looks like her!

<modsnip>
That's not her , similar face but I believe that might be the mistaken identity ad

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

Subie has been through J's facebook, emails, phone records etc.. and the only references to sex work that we have been advised of are:

1) the pocket dial - where the number is tied to an instagram account with references to pimping - that proves nothing. And what references are there to pimping on that account? Could the references be taken out of context?

2) she doesnt have a job - so automatically people assume shes selling herself to pay her bills! My brother is 21 and lives at home still, he doesnt have a job but is looking. He has a car, goes out with his friends etc.. i dont assume he must be into illegal activities. He helps my mum occassionally at her gift shop and she may pay him.

im close to giving up on this. Like everyone else im fed up with the contradicting info. Im holding out and keeping on going for Jenna. It keeps me awake at night and im in the UK!

I am trusting LE are doing the right thing. It is frustrating for us sleuthers because we are nosey! We always want to know more. The best thing we can do is support LE and fire every concern/tip/thought over to them. We need to work with them on this.

Prayers for J

I threw backpage out there because I know a lot of sex workers use the site. <modsnip>

I don't assume that she sells herself because she doesn't have an on the books job. It is a theory. Her brother mentioned the possibility of prostitution so I wondered about backpage. The second phone is also shady to me and something that raises red flags IMO.

But of course you have to wonder how Jenna is paying her bills. Maybe her parents were giving her money, I don't think that's been confirmed. If not, she had to have some source of money to be able to pay rent, gas, food, etc. If her bank account shows no recent deposits, it's not outrageous to think she was making cash. You can make cash waitressing, bar tending, babysitting, stripping etc, and other ways which are less legal. JMO and not saying she was doing something illegal.

ETA her parents thought she was sleeping on someone's couch and didn't even know where her apartment was, so I don't think they were paying her rent.

I threw backpage out there because I know a lot of sex workers use the site. <modsnip>

I don't assume that she sells herself because she doesn't have an on the books job. It is a theory. Her brother mentioned the possibility of prostitution so I wondered about backpage. The second phone is also shady to me and something that raises red flags IMO.

But of course you have to wonder how Jenna is paying her bills. Maybe her parents were giving her money, I don't think that's been confirmed. If not, she had to have some source of money to be able to pay rent, gas, food, etc. If her bank account shows no recent deposits, it's not outrageous to think she was making cash. You can make cash waitressing, bar tending, babysitting, stripping etc, and other ways which are less legal. JMO and not saying she was doing something illegal.

ETA her parents thought she was sleeping on someone's couch and didn't even know where her apartment was, so I don't think they were paying her rent.
Hi Bears,

I agree with what you are saying. BTW my post wasnt aimed at you but i was using your post to quote re: Backpage more than anything. I wasnt replying to you personally with regards to Jennas finances.

That's not her , similar face but I believe that might be the mistaken identity ad

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
It was only uploaded 6th Sept? Unless im wrong?

Still no sightings reported of her or her car? I shared her missing info on SM again today. Is there a description of the unidentified male?

Could someone post the email for LE on here? I have been looking thru the various facebook and websites but cannot find an actual email address for the detective on the case.

Could someone post the email for LE on here? I have been looking thru the various facebook and websites but cannot find an actual email address for the detective on the case.

I don't believe there is an email address for the detective. IIRC, the email goes directly to family and/or PI that email is: findjennanow@gmail.com

Dekalb County Police contact info-770-724-7600 extension 4

As far as I can see, there isn't a specific detective/investigator listed for this case. If there is, it's not public info!!

Been MIA for several days due to the Irma hitting us (I'm in Florida). Finally all caught up on the thread!

Hoping for good news soon!!

Could you explain what you mean by "the mistaken identity ad" ? When was that?

Very early on in the case, an investigator had mistakenly identified Jenna on back page based off her driver's licence photo and had let us know they were picking said girl up and wasn't until the next day that we were told it was the wrong person

I don't have any more info guys, LE says they are working this case very hard and there are many things that they cannot tell us right now

Right now there just appears to be a gap from around 11:30 pm (Friday) - around 1:30 am (Saturday ) and then the rest of the night

I suspect right now that both her phones went on power saving mode (meaning all syncing and tracking stops to conserve battery but can still text / call). Her Android on metro line appears to go into power saving mode around 11:30 pm, where as her iPhone on Tmobile around 1:30 am as all tracking info seems to stop then. This could be why her Google Timeline stops tracking at 11:30 pm on her Metro PCs phone. On her iPhone, it appears she had iCloud tracking off as well as Google Time Line not enabled from the get go

Right now what we are trying to figure out is that if she was driving my Moms car that friday night,
when did she come back to the house?.
Was she with someone when she did or not?
Was someone else driving her car that night? Or was it at my parents house all day?
When did she leave the house again with her car and was it on her own or with someone?

Again our PI and the police have interviews all the contacts on her phone logs / friends including our original POI and everyone is cooperating and doesn't appear to have any new info. They are worried that she may have been using additional texting apps to contact people that we are not aware of.

You do seem to have some experiece and may want to look at becoming a verified expert for WS. I don't know the process but perhaps Steleheart may be able to advise you.

I'm not sure where this is based on Shiresleuths and what kind of expertise you refer to. Yes, absolutely WorkerBee said a lot of intelligent things, but your post is not clear to me.

I can't find an email address either, only a 'phone number (770-724-7475, which is not listed on their site).
https://www.dekalbcountyga.gov/police-services/contact-us

If I were you, I'd private message Dekalb County police on FB (there is more than one precinct & they seem to have separate FB pages) & ask for an email address, perhaps?

I can't find an email address either, only a 'phone number (770-724-7475, which is not listed on their site).
https://www.dekalbcountyga.gov/police-services/contact-us

If I were you, I'd private message Dekalb County police on FB (there is more than one precinct & they seem to have separate FB pages) & ask for an email address, perhaps?
I don't have Facebook. Why isn't there an email? That's ridiculous.

I'm not sure where this is based on Shiresleuths and what kind of expertise you refer to. Yes, absolutely WorkerBee said a lot of intelligent things, but your post is not clear to me.
WB mentioned attending GBI symposiums among other things, that made me think what she knows could be of help to WS - in general I meant not necessariy just on this case. JMO.

WB mentioned attending GBI symposiums among other things, that made me think what she knows could be of help to WS - in general I meant not necessariy just on this case. JMO.

Thanks, your post is clear to me now.

I don't believe there is an email address for the detective. IIRC, the email goes directly to family and/or PI that email is: findjennanow@gmail.com

Dekalb County Police contact info-770-724-7600 extension 4

As far as I can see, there isn't a specific detective/investigator listed for this case. If there is, it's not public info!!

Been MIA for several days due to the Irma hitting us (I'm in Florida). Finally all caught up on the thread!

Hoping for good news soon!!
I know that address and I don't want the family email address. It needs to be anonymous.

@Subie please can you put the detectives email up on here TIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven