GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree about Esther Panitch. I believe she has been instrumental in this case.

Where can one find the 20/20 interview with Esther Panitch? I tried to find it on YouTube and couldn't.

This is a very interesting blog/recap of some of the trial testimony back when it was happening, and includes a great video commentary with Esther Panitch.

It's easy to read and gives insight into some of the things I had either missed or might have viewed differently during what I've been watching. You might find it interesting, too.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/228929/1/HEMY-NEUMAN--Murder-trial-live-blog-

I thought of all of these things, too, which is one reason I have trouble making the leap from her stating (it's on the record) she had no intention of leaving Rusty ----- to conspiring to kill Rusty.

I have not followed this case that closely as of late but that won't stop me from sharing some opinions. Saying she had no intention of leaving Rusty doesn't mean anything especially if she had plans to kill him (no need to leave him then, eh?). She probably backed off after they had sex because the sex was bad, just because she didn't want to get cozy with the boss that doesn't mean she doesn't still want to get out of the marriage.

But the biggest thing that points to her guilt in my mind is that she kept the affair with Hemy a secret. If your husband is gunned down in cold blood and then you suspect your boss/lover might have done it you would RUN TO THE POLICE! In a case like this the police actually could have done something!

If she didn't know about the plot to kill Rusty she would have been utterly shocked and very very scared when her boss/lover turned into a homicidal maniac presumably because he was obsessed with her. She would be afraid he would come after her or the kids.

But she wasn't afraid of him and she didn't tip off the police, she wasn't afraid because SHE was in control of the situation.

Oh dear your post just brought memory back of the grief lady expert at the FCA trial. :what:

The threads cannot handle hearing from her again! It would explode!

I have not followed this case that closely as of late but that won't stop me from sharing some opinions. Saying she had no intention of leaving Rusty doesn't mean anything especially if she had plans to kill him (no need to leave him then, eh?).

But the biggest thing that points to her guilt in my mind is that she kept the link to Hemy a secret. If your husband is gunned down in cold blood and then you suspect your boss/lover might have done it you would RUN TO THE POLICE! In a case like this the police actually could have done something!

If she didn't know about the plot to kill Rusty she would have been utterly shocked and very very scared when her boss/lover turned into a homicidal maniac, she would be afraid he would come after her or the kids.

But she wasn't afraid was she? She didn't run to the police with her suspicions or try to get Hemy off the streets, any sane innocent person would have wanted him locked up asap because they would think he was a very dangerous and extremely unpredictable nutcase.

Oh dear your post just brought memory back of the grief lady expert at the FCA trial. :what:

Oh no, please NOT HER! She was awful!

Where can one find the 20/20 interview with Esther Panitch? I tried to find it on YouTube and couldn't.

CP....I'm trying to locate it for you but not having any luck on this dang IPAD....very few videos are available on it. Grrr. I will post it for you when I get to work later today from my desktop computer.

I have not followed this case that closely as of late but that won't stop me from sharing some opinions. Saying she had no intention of leaving Rusty doesn't mean anything especially if she had plans to kill him (no need to leave him then, eh?). She probably backed off after they had sex because the sex was bad, just because she didn't want to get cozy with the boss that doesn't mean she doesn't still want to get out of the marriage.

But the biggest thing that points to her guilt in my mind is that she kept the affair with Hemy a secret. If your husband is gunned down in cold blood and then you suspect your boss/lover might have done it you would RUN TO THE POLICE! In a case like this the police actually could have done something!

If she didn't know about the plot to kill Rusty she would have been utterly shocked and very very scared when her boss/lover turned into a homicidal maniac presumably because he was obsessed with her. She would be afraid he would come after her or the kids.

But she wasn't afraid of him and she didn't tip off the police, she wasn't afraid because SHE was in control of the situation.

All very good points, none of which I had really thought of much - which is why I like reading WS.

Yesterday I was searching around for information - especially the HN Police Interrogation Video which the jury got to see; I couldn't find it anywhere but did read some of the back and forth on blogs.

Interestingly, in his police interview (before his confession, which I understand was the next day), HN ALSO denied that he and AS had an affair. I find that really puzzling. He steadfastly denied the murder and the only thing he admitted to was that she had asked his advice about her children. Was he trying to protect her as well as himself? Does this point more to their complicity/conspiracy? Making a deal that if one or the other or both of them got caught, say nothing about anything?

O/T an aside story:

You know what is stranger, posters? I had made reference earlier to King Edward VIII and his affair/marriage to Wallis Simpson, the reason for which he abdicated the throne of England just before WWII.

Yesterday I was scouting around for books to read and guess what I found? A biography of Wallis Simpson.

It all started out as a "friendship", meeting at various social occasions, after which he became more and more in love with and obsessed with her. She had absolutely no intention of leaving her husband, but she enjoyed the luxuries, the pampering, the trips, and the "romance" - which all sources state was NOT consummated, and indeed there has been specuation, together with some offers of proof, that it never was.

The point is, he made up his mind he had to have her. He even went behind her back, met with her husband, and orchestrated a divorce. She never intended it to go that far. She told him she was going to leave him and he threatened to cut his throat. She begged him not to abdicate but while she was out of the country he did it.

Once he gave up the throne, she accepted the inevitability of marriage, feeling that since he had given up everything for her, she must make his life as would "befit an ex-king"; his family refused to even meet her, they were not accepted or welcome in Britain, and they lived in virtual exile the rest of their lives. He was so childishly and slavishly devoted to her that she couldn't leave him alone for 5 minutes. She was in effect a prisoner to his needs for the rest of her life.

Different endings to these stories, but the psychology is the same.

Thanks for the "welcomes" on the former thread. I have asked the Mods for the process to become a Verified Attorney here. In the mean time, I assure you I am an Atlanta attorney. I'd like to help explain the nuances of Georgia's criminal justice system and comment on how this case may proceed from either the view of the prosecution or defense. I'll reserve judgment as to Andrea Sneiderman's guilt for the jury.

Thanks for the "welcomes" on the former thread. I have asked the Mods for the process to become a Verified Attorney here. In the mean time, I assure you I am an Atlanta attorney. I'd like to help explain the nuances of Georgia's criminal justice system and comment on how this case may proceed from either the view of the prosecution or defense. I'll reserve judgment as to Andrea Sneiderman's guilt for the jury.

Welcome SpeakerDave,
I remember reading D A James mentioning the charges of aiding and abetting as he refered to charges against Andrea Sneiderman. If found guilty of Aiding and Abetting what does this translate into as jail time in a Georgia Murder case?

Welcome SpeakerDave,
I remember reading D A James mentioning the charges of aiding and abetting as he refered to charges against Andrea Sneiderman. If found guilty of Aiding and Abetting what does this translate into as jail time in a Georgia Murder case?

There are no individual charges of "aiding and abetting" against AS. AS is charged with 8 counts: RICO/Racketeering, Murder, Attempted Murder, Making False Statements, and Perjury.

In Georgia, and most jurisdictions in the US, if you aid or abet the commission of a crime, you are liable for the crime as if you committed it yourself. Therefore, the DA has alleged that AS helped plan the murder (aided and abetted), and even though she didn't pull the trigger, she is just a guilty.

You can see the indictment and the actual charges against Andrea on my blog: http://dunwoodymurdertrial.blogspot.com/

I also blogged a bit about the RICO/Racketeering charge because it can be confusing and misleading even for attorneys, and it will play a very important part at trial. I also put in sentencing guidelines in that post.

Welcome SpeakerDave,

Wouldn't "aiding and abetting" be listed on the indictment? She was charged with racketeering, which I think kind of means the same thing...

All very good points, none of which I had really thought of much - which is why I like reading WS.

Yesterday I was searching around for information - especially the HN Police Interrogation Video which the jury got to see; I couldn't find it anywhere but did read some of the back and forth on blogs.

Interestingly, in his police interview (before his confession, which I understand was the next day), HN ALSO denied that he and AS had an affair. I find that really puzzling. He steadfastly denied the murder and the only thing he admitted to was that she had asked his advice about her children. Was he trying to protect her as well as himself? Does this point more to their complicity/conspiracy? Making a deal that if one or the other or both of them got caught, say nothing about anything?

Well, I'm thinking that if you BOTH had planned the murder and a life together afterwards, you would BOTH deny a relationship.

This, as much as anything, casts huge suspicion on Mrs. Sneiderman. If she had NOT partaken in any advance planning, why the hello would she not then be traumatized, terrified, and screaming in words and actions for protection from a man deranged enough to murder?

I go as far as saying I believe several times Hemy even 'backed off' from squeezing the trigger and AS, in frustration, manipulated him back to the edge of madness. I think she thought, either way, Hemy caught or not, she had nothing to lose. Which doesn't say much for her brand of 'love' or ability to empathize, feel remorse, or any other sign of humanity.

So...... If this is true, there HAD to have been signs of her true nature over the years. Where are the friends from her youth and college days, former coworkers, former love interests, etc., and when will they start speaking out? In retrospect, there are ALWAYS signs that people shrugged off. We've seen it over and over and over on the cases here at Websleuths.

ETA: and her parents insisting she was the PERFECT child was a HUGE red flag. It reminded me of the enabling parental style of Scott Peterson's parents.

Wouldn't "aiding and abetting" be listed on the indictment? She was charged with racketeering, which I think kind of means the same thing...

When I think about racketeering and the RICO charges I associate that with actions to fraud for monetary motives.

Atthelake, stop putting the cart before the horse. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::seeya: She was the vodka lady

When I think about racketeering and the RICO charges I associate that with actions to fraud for monetary motives.

If you read the whole indictment (and I think "Dave" also posted the link on this thread), it explains how the racketeering charge applies to her, and it does sound exactly like what "aiding and abetting" would - if that term was used.

Well, I'm thinking that if you BOTH had planned the murder and a life together afterwards, you would BOTH deny a relationship.

This, as much as anything, casts huge suspicion on Mrs. Sneiderman. If she had NOT partaken in any advance planning, why the hello would she not then be traumatized, terrified, and screaming in words and actions for protection from a man deranged enough to murder?

I go as far as saying I believe several times Hemy even 'backed off' from squeezing the trigger and AS, in frustration, manipulated him back to the edge of madness. I think she thought, either way, Hemy caught or not, she had nothing to lose. Which doesn't say much for her brand of 'love' or ability to empathize, feel remorse, or any other sign of humanity.

So...... If this is true, there HAD to have been signs of her true nature over the years. Where are the friends from her youth and college days, former coworkers, former love interests, etc., and when will they start speaking out? In retrospect, there are ALWAYS signs that people shrugged off. We've seen it over and over and over on the cases here at Websleuths.

ETA: and her parents insisting she was the PERFECT child was a HUGE red flag. It reminded me of the enabling parental style of Scott Peterson's parents.

All good points. I had never thought of AS' lack of anxiety, shock, trauma, etc., in the context in which you've placed it here.

Also, the same things you have said about her "nature" and where are all of the people who will testify to these predominate controlling and bullying traits can be applied to HN. It's frustrating to me when someone pleads insanity and uses broad psychoanalysis terminology ("Bi-Polar", "Delusional", etc.) as excuses for a crime when there has been no DOCUMENTED history of a disorder, or when nobody in the person's life can recall him/her ever being anything but "normal". Bi-Polar disorder and Schizophrenia usually have an onset about age 16, and it is difficult, if not impossible, for a sufferer to cover up the illness well enough to interact in normal society, especially to hold down a full-time job - especially in management.

But it's amazing, also, how a person can commit a gruesome crime of exceptional violence - or serial killing - and everybody claims it was just a nice guy who was a good neighbor, waved "hi" and talked sports, never caused trouble....gave no indication of a problem. I don't buy that, either.

Hi all. I've been lurking for a long time, but I want to weigh in a bit since OneLove asked about friends from AS and RS's college days. I was one of Rusty's friends from those days. I spent a lot of time with them at Indiana University, and while I thought Rusty was a funny, often goofy, sweet guy I could never warm up to Andrea (though I tried bc we had a lot of friends in common, Rusty especially). Here's what I can tell you from those times-

1- She is a perfectionist to the extreme. Appearances are everything to her. It was VERY important to her that Rusty was Harvard-bound for business school. She mentioned it frequently after he was admitted to Harv. Business School.

2- She viewed herself as a "good girl," involved with charitable causes and religious activities. I always felt that she was trying to appear to be "sweet" but wasn't. I thought she was judgmental. I can't put my finger on why. I am an outgoing type with a lot of female (and some male) friends, never had trouble making friends. Whenever I hung out with Rusty & Andrea there was a disconnect with her.

3- Another poster here on WS asked why Rusty was into Andrea at all. At that time, to be honest she was a lot less harsh-looking and prettier, and as I mentioned she did her best to seem very very sweet. Rusty was a total mommy and daddy's boy (in a good way- he adored his folks!), and they were delighted he was with a nice sweet Jewish girl.

Andrea fit VERY well into Rusty's world- a sweet, uncomplicated, nice-looking girl who laughed at his jokes (and he joked a lot). What I don't think Rusty saw was that she laughed ONLY at his jokes, was sweet mainly when he was around, and with other people she was different... she never seemed interested in someone unless they could help her in some way. I had such a great time in college, always hanging out with friends, and unless Rusty was there Andrea was never really smiley or nice. When he was around she was gaga-smiley.

4- I ran into Andrea & Rusty at a restaurant years after college while he was in business school at Harvard. I had not kept in touch with them, though we had friends in common so I knew generally how they were doing and what they were up to through those friends. Rusty was all smiles and hello and catching up. She was silent. I started feeling weird talking to them, so I said goodbye after a little while. Normally I would have at least talked for a while or asked for an email address to catch up more (this was pre-Facebook). Her silence made me feel like I was intruding and unwelcome.
~~~~~

My take on Andrea's involvement in Rusty's murder is that she definitely had a full blown affair with him, and from day one has been trying to cover it up. I don't think that she would have wanted Rusty killed. This would never fit into her perfect life that she had set up for herself. I have read (wish I could remember where) that LE neglected to have the phone company save her texts and she deleted more than 1000 of them immediately and those texts are gone.

She has really hurt herself by not just confessing to the affair. Rusty's parents are so wonderful (I have met them several times), I am sure that a confession to them that she cheated would NEVER come out of her mouth. She is going to the wall to deny deny deny that affair.

Now that I am older I realize Andrea is most likely a narcissist. But I highly doubt she is a murderer. And I have NO love for her, believe me. I think all of these inconsistencies are about denying the affair at all costs.

Just my impressions, since you asked! :seeya:

Thanks friend for posting here and giving us insight into Andrea's world and dynamics. It all makes perfect sense!

Hi all. I've been lurking for a long time, but I want to weigh in a bit since OneLove asked about friends from AS and RS's college days. I was one of Rusty's friends from those days. I spent a lot of time with them at Indiana University, and while I thought Rusty was a funny, often goofy, sweet guy I could never warm up to Andrea (though I tried bc we had a lot of friends in common, Rusty especially). Here's what I can tell you from those times-

1- She is a perfectionist to the extreme. Appearances are everything to her. It was VERY important to her that Rusty was Harvard-bound for business school. She mentioned it frequently after he was admitted to Harv. Business School.

2- She viewed herself as a "good girl," involved with charitable causes and religious activities. I always felt that she was trying to appear to be "sweet" but wasn't. I thought she was judgmental. I can't put my finger on why. I am an outgoing type with a lot of female (and some male) friends, never had trouble making friends. Whenever I hung out with Rusty & Andrea there was a disconnect with her.

3- Another poster here on WS asked why Rusty was into Andrea at all. At that time, to be honest she was a lot less harsh-looking and prettier, and as I mentioned she did her best to seem very very sweet. Rusty was a total mommy and daddy's boy (in a good way- he adored his folks!), and they were delighted he was with a nice sweet Jewish girl.

Andrea fit VERY well into Rusty's world- a sweet, uncomplicated, nice-looking girl who laughed at his jokes (and he joked a lot). What I don't think Rusty saw was that she laughed ONLY at his jokes, was sweet mainly when he was around, and with other people she was different... she never seemed interested in someone unless they could help her in some way. I had such a great time in college, always hanging out with friends, and unless Rusty was there Andrea was never really smiley or nice. When he was around she was gaga-smiley.

4- I ran into Andrea & Rusty at a restaurant years after college while he was in business school at Harvard. I had not kept in touch with them, though we had friends in common so I knew generally how they were doing and what they were up to through those friends. Rusty was all smiles and hello and catching up. She was silent. I started feeling weird talking to them, so I said goodbye after a little while. Normally I would have at least talked for a while or asked for an email address to catch up more (this was pre-Facebook). Her silence made me feel like I was intruding and unwelcome.
~~~~~

My take on Andrea's involvement in Rusty's murder is that she definitely had a full blown affair with him, and from day one has been trying to cover it up. I don't think that she would have wanted Rusty killed. This would never fit into her perfect life that she had set up for herself. I have read (wish I could remember where) that LE neglected to have the phone company save her texts and she deleted more than 1000 of them immediately and those texts are gone.

She has really hurt herself by not just confessing to the affair. Rusty's parents are so wonderful (I have met them several times), I am sure that a confession to them that she cheated would NEVER come out of her mouth. She is going to the wall to deny deny deny that affair.

Now that I am older I realize Andrea is most likely a narcissist. But I highly doubt she is a murderer. And I have NO love for her, believe me. I think all of these inconsistencies are about denying the affair at all costs.

Just my impressions, since you asked! :seeya:

Welcome, rustyfriend!

:welcome5::wagon:

Thank you for the wonderful insight into AS. She sounds like a few people I know. It's all about financial security with them! I wonder why she would want to tie her wagon to HN, considering his financial state at the time. I would agree she was using him for some reason and she led him down the primrose path. There is so much to sleuth here!

If you plan to continue here, I would love for you to become a verified insider since you have so much insight into Rusty and Andrea's relationship. Please contact Tricia or one of the mods to help you with that. Once you are verified, your words hold so much more weight here. Speaker Dave is in the process of becoming a verified GA attorney on this case.

We love our "insiders" here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members