GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Cunningham's request to his neighbor that the neighbor's wife delete his (Cunningham's) phone number from her cell phone: From an earlier CBS piece, my impression was that the woman next door implied that Cunningham spoke with her husband.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-em...m-odd-message-to-neighbor-day-he-disappeared/

But the more recent WSB TV piece says that investigators have determined that that Cunningham texted the neighbor.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...ion-before-disappearance-police-say/708133686

It seems likely that the more recent article is correct. Either way, it may not be crucial. I think it can take time for the facts in any case to settle down.

The text to the neighbor... I suspect it was a cry for help.

I hope they can get some SAR dogs out in the area near his home.

Where are you Tim?

I went to the YouTube page. Did you notice the video of Janelle Monae. The Web page for her attached to the video is still active. I've never heard of this artist however he lists booking information etc. There is also another video of a guy performing. I think it's important to learn his interstate outside of work. Even though this is 10 years old, he appears interested in music

I would love to know what he did and where he went on the weekend,as well as on the 2 sick days he took, if anywhere.Surely they can piece together something from those days? Phone calls to anyone else? Meals out? Purchases? I would get a private investigator pronto if it was my son. Does anyone know if they have one?
I would also organize a search because sadly I do suspect suicide. And like someone said, have they checked the attic?

I find this odd. Though the issue of him corresponding with the neighbor wife has been discussed. The fact that he texted the husband that is odd. Why not say, "you both can delete my number" or " you both will not need my number." To learn that this information was actually "texted" vs spoken to him is odd. I would love to know more about the relationship with the neighbors etc. Also, I would love to know more about the relative that initially went to check on the house.

The text to the neighbor is odd, if only because of the context of his disappearance. But I can think of one scenario that would explain a perfectly rational reason for the text...

(pure speculation on my part) Maybe Tim got some spyware/spam email from the neighbor’s wife. (Doesn’t everyone get these spoofed emails, seemingly from someone you know?) Or maybe she’s in the habit of sending fake news articles to her contact list. Tim has the husbands cell phone #, but not the wife’s, so texts the husband to ask that she remove him from her contacts.

Of course, he could have just blocked her emails, but I’m just saying the text to the neighbor may be a red herring.

It was my understanding that it was specified for him to tell his wife to delete is number as it phone number...however the post you made is valid. For example, I know sometimes we get chain messages or encouraging words through text, things people have sent out. Now I'm speculating, but what if she (the wife of the neighbor) sent out such messages like that and in TX state of mind he messaged the husband in a sidebar to get her to stop. When I read ur post I thought of that.

Someone earlier had posted that he was going for a more elite position. I would assume many of the candidates where as qualified. However, I do agree with you that considering his background and just recent promotion, the likelihood of not being chosen for a position seems minor. However, we really dont no his mindset concerning being successful.

Cunningham was not seen on CDC surveillance cameras leaving the facility, nor was he captured on camera pulling his car into his garage.

And because TC texted his neighbor, he didn’t go to his neighbor’s house. This text could be the last activity on TC’s cell phone.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...ion-before-disappearance-police-say/708133686

This is the most confusing article. He wasn't seen leaving work or pulling into his garage. So were there just not cameras to view the door he left from work? Was his home camera off? Was someone else seen pulling his car into the garage?

The text to the neighbor is odd, if only because of the context of his disappearance. But I can think of one scenario that would explain a perfectly rational reason for the text...

(pure speculation on my part) Maybe Tim got some spyware/spam email from the neighbor’s wife. (Doesn’t everyone get these spoofed emails, seemingly from someone you know?) Or maybe she’s in the habit of sending fake news articles to her contact list. Tim has the husbands cell phone #, but not the wife’s, so texts the husband to ask that she remove him from her contacts.

Of course, he could have just blocked her emails, but I’m just saying the text to the neighbor may be a red herring.

I wonder if it is more along the lines of her texting him questions etc. I have a family member who works in the medical field. He constantly gets texts from acquaintances asking random medical questions. Most aren’t even in the area in which he is trained. While Tim has a PhD vs an MD, the neighbor may have assumed CDC = MD. I could see someone texting/asking questions about flu etc She may have also read the fake news (it seemed to be a favorite thing to share on FB) about the vaccine that came out a while back and been texting questions just because he worked at the CDC. If it persisted he may have just had enough. Since we don’t know the context in which Tim mentioned it to the husband, it is hard to gauge what was going on. Was it in general conversation or did he specifically contact the husband to request it be deleted?

The text to the neighbor... I suspect it was a cry for help.

I hope they can get some SAR dogs out in the area near his home.

Where are you Tim?
I don't get why he would text the hubby instead of the wife.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is the most confusing article. He wasn't seen leaving work or pulling into his garage. So were there just not cameras to view the door he left from work? Was his home camera off? Was someone else seen pulling his car into the garage?
That's really weird. How did his car get to his house?

We are talking about the CDC. I am sure they must have multiple cameras in the parking lots. I do believe at the press conference yesterday the man said he didn't have footage of Tim getting into his car and leaving. Perhaps he meant he doesn't have it YET not that it doesn't exist?

Just because there is no footage of him pulling into his garage doesn’t mean that he didn’t. I’m afraid this “no footage” comment is going to open up a whole new and unnecessary can of worms. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True - I do believe it would be helpful though to quell fears that something "at" the CDC happened. If we see footage of him getting into his own car and leaving the premise then we can conclude that he was the one who brought his car home and parked it in the garage.

Just because there is no footage of him pulling into his garage doesn’t mean that he didn’t. I’m afraid this “no footage” comment is going to open up a while new and unnecessary can of worms. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This link from ABC News includes a clip from the news conference in which Major O'Connor of the Atlanta police lays out the timeline of what is known. Later in that same news conference he clarified that it is presumed that Cunningham drove home after the morning meeting with his supervisor at work, but that they don't have video of him leaving the facility and aren't sure they have cameras that would pick that up. So unless something has changed since then, it's not that he didn't drive home but that they can't verify it with video.

After the video clip from the press conference, another clip comes up with video of Cunningham and with some appeals by his father.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-cdc-employee-promotion-wanted-vanished-police/story?id=53387146

The article also mentions the neighbor being asked to tell his wife to remove Cunningham's number from her phone. Like some other recent pieces, it doesn't say that he texted the neighbor guy. While we don't know why he asked the neighbor to tell his wife to remove his number, it sounds like the basic facts of how and when he made that request are also unclear. Maybe that will be clarified in a future press conference.

I was wondering if he was planning to join a group or an organization, possibly one tied to the promotion, that the neighbors wife may have been a POC for? There was mention that he was set to take a high level position with a non profit organization. If he had decided to leave and she was involved with the organization in some way, that may have been why he would tell the husband to forward his request on to his wife.

Cunningham was not seen on CDC surveillance cameras leaving the facility, nor was he captured on camera pulling his car into his garage.

And because TC texted his neighbor, he didn’t go to his neighbor’s house. This text could be the last activity on TC’s cell phone.

Do we know if he drove to work that morning? Could he still be inside the CDC building(s)? Have they looked in every nook and cranny (utility closets, large cryo freezers, etc., the latter of which I’m not sure he had access to given the nature of his work)?

I have suspected some sort of acute psychiatric crisis as the cause of his disappearance. If he was paranoid and thought he was being watched or spyed on, he might have been afraid to be seen in his car. His text to the neighbor asking to have his wife remove his number from her phone leads me in this direction also; perhaps he thought she was a government agent, spy, etc.

It sounds like he was under a tremendous amount of pressure, which could have brought on an episode like that, IMO. And if that is indeed what happened ... makes me so sad.

Confusing. He wasn't seen on vid leaving the CDC. Was he seen entering the facility, I wonder ? Did he,in fact, actually get home that day ?

attachment.php

Assuming he left from his house, how far could he have walked? I've drawn an 8 mile radius. Aside from the actual city, almost everything around his house is wooded, including over a dozen parks, golf courses, cemeteries, and the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area. Not to mention the river itself. Half a mile to the north of his house is a bridge where he could have jumped in. (I'm not sure how deep it is there though.) Not to mention the large rail yard. My husband works for a freight train company and people hop on those trains all the time, mostly the homeless or young kids/teens. If he wanted to kill himself and not be found, or simply disappear he certainly had some options.

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 357
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics