GA GA - Woodstock, BlkMale 40-60, UP11522, glasses, ring, Sz13 Adidas "Questar" shoes, clothes, Jul'13

I lived in Woodstock for a while and would always see a homeless, skinny black man walking up 92 towards Trickum/Walmart area. Very close proximity to where the body was recovered (S Cherokee Lane). Not sure if anyone else has seen him or remembers who I'm talking about?

I lived in Woodstock for a while and would always see a homeless, skinny black man walking up 92 towards Trickum/Walmart area. Very close proximity to where the body was recovered (S Cherokee Lane). Not sure if anyone else has seen him or remembers who I'm talking about?

I think I remember him. Come to think of it there used to be a younger not skinny black guy who would always be walking around Woodstock everyday and listening to music and singing along. I can't remember the last time I saw him.

Probably should call both of those in. Even if you can't remember the names, it might give them a place to start.

I think I remember him. Come to think of it there used to be a younger not skinny black guy who would always be walking around Woodstock everyday and listening to music and singing along. I can't remember the last time I saw him.

I don't remember the younger guy listening to music (unless you are referring to the sign guy).

Hopefully, this will be solved and someone can have a loved one returned.

Have they released a sketch of this person? Any link on NAMUS?

Those jeans and shoe's were popular (the dark rinse and cut) early 2000's. I wonder if the shorts under were basketball shorts (meaning he sagged his jeans). No jewelry being found is rather odd too. Any leads for anyone missing between 2000-2004? I think that's your time frame.

I think I will give CCSO a call tomorrow to see if there are any updates.

1476972765.png

[h=1]Unidentified Human Remains: GBI Releases Facial Reconstruction in Cold Case[/h]
The case used by the GBI involves the discovery of skeletal remains on July 20, 2013, in a wooded area in the 3000 block of South Cherokee Lane in Woodstock. The individual was described as a black male between 40 and 60 years old and approximately 5’7” to 6’1” tall.

The remains also suggested that the man had a lighter skin complexion, with brown tightly coiled curly hair. This individual likely died some time between February and July 2013, and could possibly have been homeless, the GBI states.
http://patch.com/georgia/woodstock/gbi-releases-forensic-facial-reconstruction-unsolved-case

NamUs UP 11522

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/11522

No Image Available

Unidentified Human remains (Unknown sex and race)

Date of Discovery: July 20, 2013
Location of Discovery: Cherokee County, Georgia

Body Condition
: Not recognizable - near complete or complete skeleton

Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: Unknown age
Approximate Height: cannot estimate.
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Unknown

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing: One black shorts; one green shortsleeve shirt; white underwear

Footwear:
two brown shoes

Accessories:
One towel; one yellow metal ring; one pair of glasses
Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is currently not available
Dentals: Dental information is available and will be entered later
DNA: Sample submitted-not yet submitted

Case History
Remains found in wooded area. No trauma identified by the forensic pathologist

I can't find him on GBI website. As Hyaletcatcher pointed out, there is a Namus case for a similar man found on the same day at the same location, but with entirely different clothing: Unidentified Person Case

I think it has to be the same guy, but what happened to the red Adidas? The only thing I can figure is that when the medical examiner's report was finished, it had updated information.

Unidentified Human Remains: GBI Releases Facial Reconstruction in Cold Case

The case used by the GBI involves the discovery of skeletal remains on July 20, 2013, in a wooded area in the 3000 block of South Cherokee Lane in Woodstock. The individual was described as a black male between 40 and 60 years old and approximately 5'7" to 6'1" tall.

The remains also suggested that the man had a lighter skin complexion, with brown tightly coiled curly hair. This individual likely died some time between February and July 2013, and could possibly have been homeless, the GBI states

missing.png

Unidentified Human Remains: GBI Releases Facial Reconstruction in Cold Case

The case used by the GBI involves the discovery of skeletal remains on July 20, 2013, in a wooded area in the 3000 block of South Cherokee Lane in Woodstock. The individual was described as a black male between 40 and 60 years old and approximately 5'7" to 6'1" tall.

The remains also suggested that the man had a lighter skin complexion, with brown tightly coiled curly hair. This individual likely died some time between February and July 2013, and could possibly have been homeless, the GBI states

View attachment 168554

It would be great if a mod could update the thread title to reflect the demographic information (black male, 40-60).

I can't find him on GBI website. As Hyaletcatcher pointed out, there is a Namus case for a similar man found on the same day at the same location, but with entirely different clothing: Unidentified Person Case

I think it has to be the same guy, but what happened to the red Adidas? The only thing I can figure is that when the medical examiner's report was finished, it had updated information.

Apparently they're "red & black & white Adidas "Questar" shoes, size 13". Questar is one of Adidas' main lines and has been around for ages. It's not cheap but it's not one of the kind that people get killed over, either.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back