General discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
cappuccina said:
I'm assuming you're talking about an upper-end travel team of young men (i.e., relatively expensive stuff in men's sizes), as opposed to a low-end kid's rec. team??
It doesn't appear that Raven did anything low-end!

cappuccina said:
I'm assuming you're talking about an upper-end travel team of young men (i.e., relatively expensive stuff in men's sizes), as opposed to a low-end kid's rec. team??

Are you talking about just a typical "uniform package", i.e., 2 jerseys, 1 home, 1 away - 1 pair of socks and shorts (sometimes they throw in a ball with this, too), where the kid supplies the extras....or are you talking about supplying just about everything....uniform package, plus 1 pair extra socks, windsuit, bag, goalie gloves, wrist guards, etc., where the only thing the kid supplies is his jock and cup, shoes, and special undershirt (compression or sweat absorbing)...

These are adult leagues that we're talking about so I would think that they're more than the typical uniform package. And with Raven's inside connection to get top-of-the line gear I would think that his team was decked out fully.

ewwwinteresting said:
Hmmm.............you are probably right. Do we know how many teams Raven played with?

I did hear that he played for more than one team. He lost his position on the company team when he was fired.

golfmom said:
You know, I've been noodling this idea around for awhile myself. It just seems to me that the report of affairs have been brief. No one really is specifying who he is having affairs with. I just haven't been brave enough to post my thoughts first!

Was it possible knowing what we know now that he could have been bi-sexual?
Well, we know that he didn't live his religion (stealing, affairs, etc.) so I don't think the bi-sexual thing would be that farfetched. What do we really know about his alleged affairs....nothing! Maybe they were with men.

golfmom said:
You know, I've been noodling this idea around for awhile myself. It just seems to me that the report of affairs have been brief. No one really is specifying who he is having affairs with. I just haven't been brave enough to post my thoughts first!

Was it possible knowing what we know now that he could have been bi-sexual?
I'm not sure he was, yet I did receive correspondence a few weeks ago that indicated the person writing felt that Raven seemed to "flirt" with men and women both in the office.

That could have been misinterpreted -- you never know. That would make this awfully similar to the Michael Peterson case, though, wouldn't it? Which also, if I recall, occurred in Durham.

Mr. A.

ewwwinteresting said:
Well, we know that he didn't live his religion (stealing, affairs, etc.) so I don't think the bi-sexual thing would be that farfetched. What do we really know about his alleged affairs....nothing! Maybe they were with men.

We know that he was close with a few guys through soccer and his vx-club. Any speculations with whom he'd be intimate with ? ? ?

golfmom said:
We know that he was close with a few guys through soccer and his vx-club. Any speculations with whom he'd be intimate with ? ? ?
What I remember is that co-workers posted that he was unfaithful so maybe someone from work....but it would make sense to have it a fellow soccer player...someone that would understand his passion....of course, there is the possibility of it being multiple partners. That may explain why there hasn't been an "Amber Frye" that has come out in this matter....jmo, of course!

misterallgood said:
I'm not sure he was, yet I did receive correspondence a few weeks ago that indicated the person writing felt that Raven seemed to "flirt" with men and women both in the office.

That could have been misinterpreted -- you never know. That would make this awfully similar to the Michael Peterson case, though, wouldn't it? Which also, if I recall, occurred in Durham.

Mr. A.
We may have something here!!!

misterallgood said:

Mr. A.

Now you got "It's a small world after all ... it's a .... " stuck in my head
:croc:

...more like $200 or more a player, NOT including shoes...

Also, remember, Mr. Grandiose also probably liked to flaunt cash and take players out for something afterwards, and so on...

BTW...the ONLY reason, I posted about a possible "for hire" theory is that I believe that figuring out who actually committed this murder will depend when she was stabbed, and whether Raven was playing in/at the soccer game for the entire period he said he was...If the the crime clearly occurred during the soccer game, then he had help, otherwise, the murder occured before the game, and Kaiden was just left there (I don't even want to deal with that...)....(Or, he did an "OJ", and left and then returned during a long halftime break, or committed the murder just after the game and cleaned up/changed clothes...)

The questions I have, then are as follows:

1. How far was the soccer field from his house?

2. Did he stay and play for the whole game?

3. Was he there during the halftime break?

4. What is the time estimate of when Janet was stabbed to the time she
was found?

5. Where is the soccer uniform? It's weird to me that on the warrant, the police did not ask for/confiscate the uniform clothes/shoes, etc...

6. Was he a goalie? If so, goalies usually wear gloves and a larger oversized jersey over an undershirt or uniform shirt...easy to take off and discard...

Sorry to digress...didn't know where to put this....my opinion only...

I'll leave everyone else to speculate on the other stuff, like who he was possibly having an affair with! LOL

Thanks to everyone for the hard work they are doing on this!!

cappuccina,

You put together an excellent list of questions! Unfortunately, until we start getting more info regarding the crime, tod, etc., we're all kindof stuck here.

I think that the hired-hit idea is one worth considering, I was just questioning the "there's no trace evidence" statement. Especially after Janet's family interview ... I'm holding out that there is forensic evidence and we're waiting for the lab.

This is what is so frustrating about this case.....no facts. No statements about Janet's TOD, no statements whether Raven's alibi checked out, no statements about what else was examined (besides the first search warrant) where no soccer uniform is included or the searching of his VX or Motorcycle....no statements except it wasn't random and she was stabbed:banghead:

We have soccer teams in our recreation department that spend tens of thousands of dollars on equipment, uniforms, trips to play against other leagues all over the United States, security for the games, referees, etc. If you went to one of the games, they are outfitted better than any Olympic team I've ever seen. Their uniforms look like something you can't even imagine. I swear the intricacies in the sewing puts Michael Jackson's royalty vests and arm bands to shame. Gold threads, etc. It's unbelievable!! I never dreamed people put that much money into a sports team that isn't even professional. But they raise money, have fundraisers and fork it over themselves. It blows my mind and I've participated in lots of types of recreation from Nascar to Harley Davidsons to horse shows to swim meets to ball teams.....they outdo anything I've ever been associated with.

less0305 said:
If you went to one of the games, they are outfitted better than any Olympic team I've ever seen.

Less, that is a really interesting observation especially considering that this could be a regional thing and you're in NC.

I am surprised we haven't heard from any soccer teammate of Raven's. To my knowledge, nobody has come out and made a statement that he was at the game that night...maybe one of them will post and set us all straight with the soccer gear questions and the time of the game that night??

lauriej said:
......$9000.00 is a LOT of merchandise, i wonder what it consists of..

...felony embezzlement, if he IS plaeding guilty, and it sounds like that's the case, anyone know the 'usual punishment' for that crime ?

If it was merchandise, did he sell it on eBay? I wonder if he has an active account on there.

Well I've been told by an employee of Eurosport that he was caught accidentally by another employee. This could have happened from one buying from him on eBay, but this is purely speculation.

SewingDeb said:
If it was merchandise, did he sell it on eBay? I wonder if he has an active account on there.

NCBanker said:
Well I've been told by an employee of Eurosport that he was caught accidentally by another employee. This could have happened from one buying from him on eBay, but this is purely speculation.
I've heard exactly the same -- that he was virtually caught by accident, as well. Apparently he'd make dummy accounts in the computer ordering system and then send the items there, but he was always the actual recipient -- this last is a guess, but from the information I've received that's what it looks like. I'd love to see his e-Bay history, but you know, if his e-Bay stuff is inaccessible, it may be because he is still under investigation.

Mr. A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member