George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, all look tired in court this morning (except GZ, who seems same as ever, hard to tell - maybe a bit more upbeat, but could just be in contrast to the rest, who seem drained). The attorneys, judge and everyone in the courtroom - all appear exhausted, and likely are.
It's refreshing to see a judge run a courtroom efficiently, attentively, decisively, and on schedule with great consideration and respect for the jury (not to insult any other court - all have their own processes). No matter how you might feel about her decisions, she makes them quickly, appears to have her facts in front of her, or asks for what she needs - in my opinion, she gives it her full attention.
However, it's clear it isn't easy - there must be an enormous amount of work and stress for everyone involved both in court and behind the scenes in order to run on, or close to schedule - especially with so much attention being paid.
It can't be easy for anyone in there, and I have respect for all parties involved, regardless of my personal views about the case.
All of the above is, of course, my own opinion, my opinion only.

I think that sad thing is that today people riot even when they are happy. I can not remember which team won in the last few years and the people tore apart the city.

It is a sad state of affairs that people can not control themselves over any thing any more. Winning, losing...

I am praying for justice here and praying that people can stop and think before they do something wrong.

Making cake flour and then baking pound cakes while listening today so if I don't post back quick I am here, Just working!

Thanks so much for going through this trial with me! It is so much better working off others thoughts and discussions about the case!

Yummy! You don't live in NJ by any chance? I love pound cake! :seeya:

Those lawyers sure have patience (they're re-running the other night's conflict). I would be a lousy lawyer, I almost got held in contempt in traffic court!

I think it's important for a judge to keep the attorneys on track, and to keep them honest. Jodi Aries judge was too nice, and drug that trial out for weeks, if not months longer than it should have lasted. GZ judge is rude, and downright hateful. I don't agree with talking down to people, and especially not in front of others. I think this judge has let her" importance" go to her head, and she thinks embarrassing the attorneys makes herself look better. I think it makes her look petty, and unprofessional. Seriously, I would have already been sanctioned, fined, and perhaps jailed for contempt. She's just hateful!

IMO, if confronting someone with non threatening words is not a crime... I have not seen any evidence of who started the fight unless I go off of RJ's testimony about TM saying "get off, get off."

I still will never understand this argument. Yes, we can agree he made a bad choice but that bad choice was not against the law. Getting out of the car and walking in the neighborhood is not against the law. Everything else has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. So why should he pay a legal price for his bad choices?

Every time I hear the phrase "bad choices" all I can think of is putting my kids on the naughty step. Is that one of the sentencing options? :)

When Cory took over the case and GZ was arrested and charged, I though the whole act was a sham. I now believe the trial is a sham. IMO

She doesn't like Don West, you can just tell. Her tone with him is completely different from anyone else. She just now made a little snip about this nonsense about caps/no caps about GZ's name.

Good morning everyone. Kathi Belitch tweeted that a 30 minute recess has turned into 40 minutes. :giggle: I'd like to invite her to Arizona to see how long recesses can really go. :floorlaugh: That is in my opinion of course. :peace:

Yummy! You don't live in NJ by any chance? I love pound cake! :seeya:

HA. NO.. But I used to as a kid!
I found a great recipe. Heavy and dense and moist!.. PM me if you want it!!

So good!

What's scary about this case is we have the media and the government both manipulating the criminal justice system to get GZ arrested and charged with murder. MOO.

Another reason this case is stirring such strong emotions is that MANY folks realize what is happening to Zimmerman could happen any of US!

The fact people refer to this as a "fist fight" infuriates me. If some stranger punches me in the face, slams me to the ground and keeps pummeling me that does NOT mean I am engaging in a "fist fight" it is a violent attack! IMO.

Hoping for the best, missmazzy. Many folks were too young to remember the repercussions/backlash of the not guilty verdict in the LAPD officers in the Rodney King case. Hopefully, we have come along way since 1992..

Imo, the probability of the GZ trial winding down on a Friday evening, is no coincidence..

My mom was working in downtown LA when that verdict came down. It took quite a few long, scary hours for her to get home to Santa Ana. A bunch of small businesses were trashed in the blocks around her office. I hope to heavens people remain calm, but I'm very apprehensive.

And good morning, everyone :seeya:

and we are getting the information on lesser charges from Judge to GZ and that defense objects...

Good morning all

Does anyone happen to know the ages of the jurors? With so much conflicting testimony their decision could possibly be made on personal opinion. Not saying that it should be or will be..........only a possibility. To me, their age is a factor because of life experiences, maternal feelings, & attitudes regarding prejudice. JMO

Can someone list all the charges as they read now?

Thanks! I missed it sifting flour!

Absolutely. Saying Zimmerman is at fault simply because he got out of the car etc. is like saying a person who gets hit by a car while walking on the street is at fault because...well...he was out and about on the street. Zimmerman not minding his own business on that fateful night is, at the very worst, a foolish thing to do. Nothing to do with ill will or spite.

And saying Zimmerman is at fault because TM ended up dead is again something I do not understand. Having the right to bear arms and protect oneself is one of the most basic rights afforded to a person living in the United States.

His foolishness resulted in the death of a young person minding his own business. He has a right to carry, not to use especially if he provokes the attack on his person or causing another to have to defend themselves. He is legally responsible. He chose self defense as the only possible defense left to him after 1) I didn't do it 2) SYG

Relevant

Ex-Sanford police chief: Zimmerman probe 'taken away from us'

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/sanford-bill-lee-exclusive/index.html

"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."

"Imo, the GZ trial has reflected an impotent attempt at persecution vs a prosecution"..

The George Zimmerman investigation was hijacked "in a number of ways" by outside forces, said the former police chief of Sanford, Florida.
Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, told CNN's George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice.

"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."
When Sanford police arrived on the scene on February 26, 2012, after Zimmerman fatally shot unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, they conducted a "sound" investigation, and the evidence provided no probable cause to arrest Zimmerman at the scene, he said.

It had nothing to do with Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law, he said; from an investigative standpoint, it was purely a matter of self-defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa