George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as the spectre of the verdict approaches, will Trayvon's family do what they did before, and stand before the pubic and ask for support but peace? I hope so, they were so effective before in asking that no one else be harmed in the name of Trayvon Martin, but that expressions of grief and outrage should be contained in nonviolent protests.

IMHO

There is absolutely no proof that there was an unprovoked attack.

IMO, folks are missing my point: If GZ had not armed himself that night he would not have had a false sense of security which likely motivated his running after TM.

We can disagree but if GZ was walking vs. running, he would not have been short of breath.

I find it incredible that anyone would believe a word of what GZ has to say. He is a known liar and manipulator of the truth. I have given evidence to that before so, IMO, there is no need to do it again.

The only story here is GZ's and I do not believe him at all. JMO.

Even if you take his story out of it, what is in evidence? That he got out of his car, that he walked in his neighborhood, that there was a fight, that he was on the bottom and TM was on top. I think all of that has been proven via evidence. Without out anything else, you cannot prove 2nd degree murder.

You make it sound like this was the first time ever that GZ ever carried his gun. I don't think you know that.

That's interesting, Dibsy, I don't know anyone who doesn't think Zimmerman is being railroaded. i think the public may be divided into "clumps" and like minded people tend to be friends with each other. My facebook friends are 100% unanimous in their postings that this trial is a farce meant to quell an angry and ill-informed group of possible rioters. I literally don't know anyone who thinks Zimmerman should be convicted, although everyone has sympathy for the grieving family.

IMHO

you know one now.

It was reported by WJTV that the jurors' chairs had letters on them this morning asking if they wanted to be interviewed by the media after the verdict was announced. Does anyone else think this is prejudicial? I believe it is! It places fear in the jurors minds (all females) BEFORE they deliberate and announce a verdict. Why not wait and ask them after they announce that they have a verdict? A bailiff could hand out the letters IN THE JURY ROOM and have them decide then without it affecting their verdict....

It could be. But in this case, there's no doubt in my mind that the jurors are well aware that their lives will be in danger if they acquit and their identities become known. If there is anything but a total acquittal, that will be why. jmo

I really think they would be best at this point to keep West in the position of consult at the table for O'Mara. He is a lightening rod for the judge's inappropriate crankiness, and that can't play well in front of the jury.

I hope she doesn't take out her dislike for DW on GZ in deciding these charges. JMO.

My mom was working in downtown LA when that verdict came down. It took quite a few long, scary hours for her to get home to Santa Ana. A bunch of small businesses were trashed in the blocks around her office. I hope to heavens people remain calm, but I'm very apprehensive.

And good morning, everyone :seeya:

There is a HUGE difference between CA and FL. The citizens in California are forced to be unarmed. In a riot type situation any decent non-criminal person found in a car or on the street is assumed to be completely defenseless.

In the South many are armed, attacking people in random vehicles would be suicide as at least around here most all drivers have a loaded gun within easy reach. If rioters started trying to pull people out of their vehicles they would get shot and they know it.

IMO.

I've made several posts in which I said the prosecution and defense had reversed roles in this trial. The defense has a theory of what happened and the prosecution tries to raise doubt. About the exact opposite of a typical trial IMO.

Another example of role reversalw is that I find myself agreeing with Mark Geragos. Last night on CNN's Anderson Cooper show, Geragos said: "The prosecution is doing what defense lawyers do often which is trying to stake out a possibility because the evidence is so heavily weighted against them."

Geragos also said the prosecution has "conceded reasonable doubt."
BBMYou are cracking me up over here. :laugh:

you know one now.

I don't know you, Silky, that's the thing. I fully understand that there are a LOT of people who are praying Zimmerman gets convicted, but I don't seem to know any of them.

My point is, this trial seems to have divided people in very non-random ways - those who "flock together" have very like-minded ways of viewing this, unlike other controversies.

IMHO

It could be. But in this case, there's no doubt in my mind that the jurors are well aware that their lives will be in danger if they acquit and their identities become known. If there is anything but a total acquittal, that will be why. jmo

Does anyone know if jurors are allowed to remain anonymous?

Here is a subforum for discussion on recipes and food:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please stay on topic about the Zimmerman trial on this thread... :tyou:

George Zimmerman never claimed he "didn't do it" and he never invoked the SYG law. In fact, he specifically waived the SYG hearing and has always claimed straight up self-defense. And he cooperated fully, at every step of the investigation.

Everyone is entitled to a "defense". Did you think he would just walk into jail? Most do not. Self- defense was the only defense he had any chance of asserting.

It was reported by WJTV that the jurors' chairs had letters on them this morning asking if they wanted to be interviewed by the media after the verdict was announced. Does anyone else think this is prejudicial? I believe it is! It places fear in the jurors minds (all females) BEFORE they deliberate and announce a verdict. Why not wait and ask them after they announce that they have a verdict? A bailiff could hand out the letters IN THE JURY ROOM and have them decide then without it affecting their verdict....

Unfair influence and/or intimidation? IDK....

What is this child abuse charge? Under 17 is a minor, certainly not a child!

This entire thing is making me sick. The State/prosecutor asked for Murder2. Now, since they see they aren't going to get it, they are (IMO) going to be allowed to stick in a few more charges to be SURE GZ gets jail time.

IMO, this judge will allow those charges in, and IMO that stinks. M2, or nothing.

I don't know you, Silky, that's the thing. I fully understand that there are a LOT of people who are praying Zimmerman gets convicted, but I don't seem to know any of them.

My point is, this trial seems to have divided people in very non-random ways - those who "flock together" have very like-minded ways of viewing this, unlike other controversies.

IMHO

I'll admit, I never thought I would see the day, that a large number of posters on this forum, most of whom have long always sided with the prosecution in many trials, side and argue for the defense in this case. There are posters on this forum that actually agree with defense lawyer talking heads.

Hell must have froze over.

So as the spectre of the verdict approaches, will Trayvon's family do what they did before, and stand before the pubic and ask for support but peace? I hope so, they were so effective before in asking that no one else be harmed in the name of Trayvon Martin, but that expressions of grief and outrage should be contained in nonviolent protests.

IMHO

I want to believe there will be peace, no matter the outcome. Any and all outsiders should be told to stay the hell home and mind their own business.

Make that 2.

Nope, don't know you either, Donna.

IMHO

Anyway, enough of me saying I don't know you either to everyone on this board who might pop up and say I'm another one.

I do understand there are many people on this board who want him convicted. Not anyone I know, though

IMHO

Child Abuse??

REally...well, I wasn't expecting that.

More carp against the wall - something has to stick, doesn't it? After all an innocent young man is dead - someone has to pay to appease part of the community, don't they?

NO, says I.

My opinion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members