George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't see how cunning GZ is. GZ used the call to set the mindset of 911 and the police.

The actual term GZ used was waistband.

Why? this is rhetoric that police use when stating the actions of a gun toting . They keep the gun in their waistband and thugs do not carry holsters.

He prefaces everything on the call.

Here is reality.

The only thing GZ had to do when he saw TM was say are you lost?
What ever TM would said. GZ could state I'm neighborhood watch just checking.

Either case if TM was "casing homes" he would know that someone was watching ----- situation deterred.

In any case GZ made all the wrong accusations and decisions.

Putting icing on a cow patty does not make it a cake.

After GZ said something like no, I don't have a problem, he didn't have time to say anything else before TM sucker-punched him in the nose. (you know, breaking it and causing it to bleed by just one punch - just like his brother told him to teach him how do). IMO

JMO but when a lawyer feels the need to constantly raise his voice or yell to make a point, I tune out. The truth does not need to be loud to be heard.

LOL - I guess you didn't hear Mr. West during his objection this morning. Just wait until the defense starts if you want yelling and drama!
IMO

I'm avoiding the whole issue or watching the trial due to having an unchangeable opinion long ago, but can anyone tell me if lesser charges can be considered by the jury or does it have to be 2nd degree?

The Judge added Manslaughter today, but denied the Prosecution request to add 3rd degree child abuse. From what I heard manslaughter carries as much time as 2nd degree.

JMO

IMO - Big LIE pointed out by Bernie right there. GZ did in fact know the names of the streets

He knew the names after he got out of his car to check on them. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I just think that's not true. I can not believe the word of Zimmerman claiming he was attacked by a "laying in wait" Travon. It makes zero sense. Travon was in fear and using self defense and lost.
If Zimmerman was screaming why did it stop the instant he shot that boy? Why wasn't it muffled screams because supposedly Travon covered his nose & mouth?

No he was not. He knew where he was going and was home.. When rJ told him to run he said.. NAHH... He was not in a hurry except when he was running after leaving his daddy's house and heading back out to meet up with GZ.

I really think if I was on that jury I would probably crack a smile or giggle because of how he is yelling and acting now. Juvenile I know but I wouldn't be able to help it. jmo

Theatrics! Probably taught in Law 101. IMO

Wait he has security video but does not need to show it to Jurors?? Is that right?

I see a little guy that really wanted to be a hero. Really wanted to be a cop.
As a result, a boy is dead. IMO

She testified that she was in the bathroom on the bluetooth doing her hair at the time. She said she heard a bump ( TM hitting GZ? I think) and then get off get off.. I think that was GZ. It makes more sense.

ETA: Yes. This is what Juries do. Take all the evidence and facts what is credible and what to apply to the case and what they do not believe is credible and what to toss out.

I think RJ had talked to TM on the telephone quite enough to identify his voice. It is not credible that she could not. IMO

No he was not. He knew where he was going and was home.. When rJ told him to run he said.. NAHH... He was not in a hurry except when he was running after leaving his daddy's house and heading back out to meet up with GZ.

And you know this from where or whom? IMO

And that's where I believe the gun was drawn...not the phone.
IMO You are correct. GZ was fearful right then. IMO he probably thought TM would put his hands up and do what he was told to do not freak out and start (according to which witness you believe) whining, running, arguing, sucker punching, and/or screaming bloody murder.

I have followed the evidence and I see the case evidence. When I apply that to testimony and logic, IT comes back the same. The evidence in this case does not prove murder.

I don't see cunning, I see willingness to be interviewed without a lawyer over and over to make a video without a lawyer, Someone who was thankful it was all on video..

This is what makes WS so wonderful. I've done the same thing and arrived at the completely opposite conclusion as you.

I'm grateful we have this forum and site to discuss our views.

IMO

Even though it was 7pm and he was walking to and from the 711 after buying two items? With his hoodie up because it was raining? That doesn't sound like delinquent behavior to me.
IMO

No I'm just saying that if he was grounded and didn't have permission from his father. I expect a teen to react this way. Thinking it not a big deal just going to the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there evidence presented in court that Trayvon had a violent temper? If there was, I missed that.

It wasn't allowed in. It was in all of the text messages and pictures on his phone that the prosecutor tried to hide. Those show he had a nasty habit of street fighting MMA style, to an extent that apparently alarmed friends and girl friends. He had been sent to live with his father because he had been suspended from school for fighting. The phone messages leave the impression that young Mr. Martin tended to act first with his fists. The judge disallowed the evidence on some rather sketchy grounds. Expect that this will be one of several huge appeals issues in the event of a conviction. These will also come up in the post trial hearings regarding some rather troubling prosecutor misconduct.

Dear Everyone,

While we appreciate your opinions we would really appreciate it if you could dial back the rhetoric as well.

Calling something a "Mountain of Crap" or demeaning the lawyers just gets everyone angry and before you know it we have to shut the forum down.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members