Germany Germany - Katrice Lee, 2, Schloss Neuhaus, Paderborn, 28 Nov 1981

The skepticpeg wordpress blog is not a WS approved source for information. Stick with MSM and LE please and don't discuss information from a random blog.

Thanks.

So very sad. Can this case ever be solved?
One theory was Robert Black who was active at this time but Richie Lee dismissed this saying it was proven he wasn’t in the area at that time.

Does/did this store have walk in freezers? Maybe she stumbled into one, was locked in, and later someone found her but disposed of her body secretly. Just an idea as to why she vanished so quickly and silently. Maybe they didn't look into freezers in the initial search. jmo

I must admit I've wondered this too. In the video above her Mum says she walked back up the crisp aisle. Katrice was meant to have begun to follow her. Has there ever been a drawing or photos of the inside of the shop and where cupboards and freezers were? She mentions the clothing section too so it must have been a large store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it likely we will ever know the outcome to this? Is the Naafi still there just out of curiosity, as most of the British Army have left Germany now.

Watching this interview with Katrice's Dad again, two things struck me:

1. He says the German college next door had an open day that day and therefore the Naafi shop was busier than usual. So anyone not just Military could use this supermarket then?
2. He said the door to get out didnt have a working handle that day so to exit the shop you had to go through the three tills to get out that way.

Does this mean she didn't exit the shop at all, and ended up upstairs (I mentioned a few posts above this about the windows above the shop) or even, as has been mentioned by someone here recently, were there doors into freezer areas. Was it a tragic accident and someone covered up?

Watching this interview with Katrice's Dad again, two things struck me:

1. He says the German college next door had an open day that day and therefore the Naafi shop was busier than usual. So anyone not just Military could use this supermarket then?
2. He said the door to get out didnt have a working handle that day so to exit the shop you had to go through the three tills to get out that way.

Does this mean she didn't exit the shop at all, and ended up upstairs (I mentioned a few posts above this about the windows above the shop) or even, as has been mentioned by someone here recently, were there doors into freezer areas. Was it a tragic accident and someone covered up?

As I’ve said before, generally anyone could use a NAAFI that wasn’t “behind the wire”. On a large base like Paderborn/Sennelager you would have had soldiers and attached civilians of all nationalities and any of them could use any of each other’s shops. The only caveat is that certain goods were rationed (due to the fact they were extremely cheap). Alcohol, cigarettes and coffee required a ration card issued by (in effect) the British Army, to enable you to buy those goods from the NAAFI. So obviously if you weren’t serving with BAOR, you wouldn’t have had a card.

This reciprocal arrangement is common; when my dad was serving on a large NATO base in the late 90s we were allowed to freely use the Dutch equivalent of the NAAFI and the American PX.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information and Chinese whispers as regards to what Katrice’s dad has actually said. Regarding the “door handle”, the NAAFI appears to have sliding automatic doors so I’m slightly confused about that. I’ve seen an interview quoted where he supposedly said that only military were supposed to use the NAAFI, but he would have absolutely known that wasn’t the case.

I’m guessing the upstairs windows were some sort of storage or office space. It’s difficult to find out any info on what the building was actually used for prior or subsequently because there are so many places with Schloß Neuhaus in the name.

The one thing that’s stuck with me is why it happened. Why Katrice? Why that day on that camp? The only forces child (as far as I know) to ever go missing from a U.K. military base anywhere in the world.

I’d find it unlikely that she accidentally ended up in a freezer or ended up upstairs. What logic would that have? Too many people would be in on it.That wouldn’t make sense. It was an unusual case, having served in British Forces Germany in the 2000s, it was generally a safe place and things like this didn’t happen.

When I was there coffee and tobacco was rationed, but anything else could be bought.

Good to see that Op Bute is still going. Is the RMP working around the clock on this case?

As the link has been deleted and so have my comments about the layout of the Naafi- This is the BFBS video showing the reconstruction using the Naafi so people can see the layout better.

I wonder if her family have done DNA test with family/geneology sites like Ancestry and also 23 and Me? They don't share the same databases so you need to do different ones. Just in case she is alive and one day does a DNA test too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back