Germany Germany - Katrice Lee, 2, Schloss Neuhaus, Paderborn, 28 Nov 1981

That’s what I’ve never been able to get my head around.

We left Germany in 79 and I was only 4 so although I have no memories of that NAAFI, I know I’ve been in there. I’ve certainly been in plenty of other NAAFIs in my time though, and it’s just not the sort of thing that happened.

It’s hard to explain to a civvie what life “on camp” was like, but it wasn’t like the real world. Yes, you had to look under your car for bombs before you got in it but children didn’t go missing. Bad things didn’t happen.

It still breaks my heart even after all these years, and I’ve had a knot in my stomach all day hoping that something would come of this arrest. I now want to cry that yet again it’s nothing.
I was thinking it must be somebody in the military or a dependant as I assume like US bases,and PX one must have to a be service member, or dependant and have according I.D. to get on a base,or in a PX. MOO

Meeting was cancelled due to situation in Ukraine... I hope Mr Lee gets his chance one day, he hasn't had it yet
Tbh, I have a hard time understanding this..
Ukraine isn’t a NATO member or EU member.

Imo,a lot of politicians use Ukraine washing,as an opportunity to turn their backs on issues,that needs attention.
The least you can do is listening to a family despair,who waited so long ..

Thanks for that. I wonder - having read the line in your link that said "But when Sharon reportedly put her down at the checkout, she briefly left to purchase some crisps, and when she returned, she realised Katrice had vanished." whether she did something my small daughter did once in an (outdoor) crowded event. I took one step to the left to speak to an acquaintance. I was only one step to the left for no more than 20 seconds. When I stepped back my daughter was gone. She had looked up to not be able to see me (obviously she was tiny and everyone around her was tall) and it turned out she had run very fast towards another building that she could see. I couldn't see her anywhere! She was out of sight. I was obviously calling loudly. I decided to stay put for only a minute or two as I realised she had to be looking for me - rather than taken by someone - and if I ran I could go the wrong way. So I decided to stay put briefly, just in case she came back and in that timeframe she came back close enough that I could spot her - running very fast, very frightened and when I swooped her up her heart was beating so fast. If only she had looked up she would have seen I was only one step away from her. So with this experience in mind I wonder if Katrice looked up, couldn't see her mother and went looking for her? (then either someone else picked her up or she got stuck somewhere; though by now surely she would have been found if that was the case?).

I also wonder if Katrice's dad is aware that if he does DNA heritage tracing (to see if can find her or any children she might have had) if he is aware you have to join all different companies and pay for each one, because they don't have joined up databases? I know that Gary Gatwick (baby abandoned at Gatwick Airport) it turned out he was on only one DNA database and didn't realise until he paid for help that he needed to upload to them all - it was only then he traced his mother.
JMO MOO

"I believe she is still out there, and I am totally devastated at the lack of support this case is getting."
Mr Lee said a meeting with the then-Prime Minister Boris Johnson in May 2022 was a "publicity stunt"...that nothing "meaningful" was discussed."

"I believe she is still out there, and I am totally devastated at the lack of support this case is getting."
Mr Lee said a meeting with the then-Prime Minister Boris Johnson in May 2022 was a "publicity stunt"...that nothing "meaningful" was discussed."

Good on him. He just needs to know what happened/where she is.

It is shocking that this case is nowhere near as well known as Madeleine McCann or even Ben Needham. This is an extremely sad case. I pray that Katrice is still alive and living a happy life.

It would obviously be very unlikely with over 8 billion people in the world, but I saw a woman last week at Wilko in Exeter who looked like the age progressed photo of Katrice and her child was the spitting image of her.

What do you guys think happened to Katrice? Does the evidence point towards her being dead or alive?

I feel that this one could be solved if more effort is put into it. My gut feeling tells me that Katrice is alive.

IMO She was probably quickly abducted away into a car, and that means by someone who did not care about her. They literally stole her from her loved-ones. So I think it's unlikely she was just raised by someone and is still out there.

Regardless, whomever took her is an evil individual who has caused untold suffering. I don't see how it can be solved unless there was a confession or someone who knows what happened decided to do the right thing and come forward.

This case bothers me so much.

IMO She was probably quickly abducted away into a car, and that means by someone who did not care about her. They literally stole her from her loved-ones. So I think it's unlikely she was just raised by someone and is still out there.

Regardless, whomever took her is an evil individual who has caused untold suffering. I don't see how it can be solved unless there was a confession or someone who knows what happened decided to do the right thing and come forward.

This case bothers me so much.
There have been cases of children being taken by families who could not have kids though. Cleo Smith likely would not have found if she disappeared in 1981 without all of this technology.

it is just quite unusual with it being so busy and most people vaguely knowing each other for this to happen in plain sight and nobody have anything that stands out that was reported. There possibly are snippets that stood out from the interviews that have never been released and so many years on it might be worthwhile making the evidence available for people to dissect and analyse.

There have been cases of children being taken by families who could not have kids though.

There have been newborns and toddlers stolen by women who wanted a child. I don't believe there has ever been a case of a couple or man stealing a child only because they want to be parents and not to harm the child. If you know of a specific case, I'd be interested.

The case of CS you mention was a predator kidnapping a child, unfortunately.

I just think it's unlikely Katrice was taken by a woman wanting a child but it would be the best of the possibilities.

There have been newborns and toddlers stolen by women who wanted a child. I don't believe there has ever been a case of a couple or man stealing a child only because they want to be parents and not to harm the child. If you know of a specific case, I'd be interested.

The case of CS you mention was a predator kidnapping a child, unfortunately.

I just think it's unlikely Katrice was taken by a woman wanting a child but it would be the best of the possibilities.
There is no evidence that Terrance Kelly was a predator and not just extremely dysfunctional and mentally disturbed. I can definitely see Katrice being alive because of the low profile media coverage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back