Gilgo Beach 4 Only (GB4)

I studied the LIRR quite a bit to try and understand if Maureen could have taken the train to LI for a call out. Still doesn’t account for why she never called anyone back while in route, especially given she was taking a risk she normally wouldn’t. I find it unlikely she could have walked from any of the LIRR stations to a hotel (one in particular that many on this board know about) near Babylon. If she rode then her phone was dead and she got a ride on that end. It just doesn’t add up for me. I contend she was lured at or near Penn Station.
So your POI has a roommate who was a cop and lived near GB. A cop who worked near Penn Station. Would you describe the roommate as a neat person? Organized? How about the POI himself?

Hello, I made a minor suggestion a while back and everybody was very kind, considering it was pretty useless. so I'm going to venture a new one

I mentioned prior, that I'm UK based, and among the cases I've considered are a series of unsolved and very cold [1960s] murders in London, known as the Hammersmith Nude Murders [or The Jack-the-Stripper Murders] I won't go into the details, but there were 8 murders, bodies disposed of around the river Thames in west London. Over the years, I have come to consider that perhaps they didn't have one perp, but the similarities could be accounted for by the person, for the sake of it I'll call him Fixer, who was called in to dispose of "Bodies of inconvenience" - women who had died at the hands of the rich, possibly famous, criminal top brass, in society houses, in posh hotels or posher gambling halls.

So were the Gilgo Beach bodies disposed of by a Fixer rather than their killer?

Last edited:
Sounds like such a strange individual. Can I ask how you met this person in a general way? When did you start to think they were strange and when did you finally suspect this person might be connected to these crimes? Was it over a long period of time? I can’t even imagine how stressful that must have been.

I met this person ca. late 2002, through a family member, female, who did not really trust this person, but had bad boundaries. I did, too, sadly. The female family member who introduced me used to tell me that (before I met him) he was a horrible person and a liar. This person told my family member he was messing around with her boyfriend. The boyfriend vehemently denied this, and when the boyfriend found out, he punched him in the nose and broke it. The boyfriend's dad was NYPD.

So, basically, I knew there were problems before I met him. Somehow, we became close, anyway, and were friends--best friends, for about ten years. I defended his bad behavior to others, I looked at him like a little lost kid who didn't know what he was doing. My dad is a narcissist, and this guy is, too. So, what was narcissistic abuse over the years and control seemed familiar and at times comfortable, even if personally damaging to me. It has taken me many years to understand.

I suspected that this person might be connected to these crimes, in some way, within the days that the GB4 bodies started being found. I was terrified. I lived through childhood abuse, domestic abuse, 9/11, I've lived through the son of someone I lived with threatening to shoot up a school and the FBI coming to the house in the last few years. I've lived through many things, but nothing filled me with the amount of pain this situation did. The person had cut contact with me a few months before the bodies were found, but was already stalking me, and I got a very sick feeling in my gut when I turned on the tv before work to check the news and saw the Gilgo area being searched--because of the location of the bodies, his behavior, and prior things that had been said when we were friends.

I thought back to a time when I heard something I shouldn't have heard, and exchange before my friend and his housemate who worked at Penn Station. It was Valentine's Day, and the volume on the house phone was loud enough that I could hear what he was saying to my friend when I was a good ten feet away. His housemate made some comments and remarks about the way I looked, and said to my friend, and then asked, "How about herrr...she looks like she would be good..." My friend abruptly cut him off, and looked scared, and said, "That's not funny (name of person), that's NOT funny." I'd never seen him react that way, before.

It could have meant something else. But, the manner of asking, and reaction in particular, made me very uncomfortable.

I dealt with this for approximately two years after the bodies were found, and developed diagnosed PTSD. Being here, is my way of exposure therapy, because there was a time for many years I could not even hear about beaches, or Long Island, anything to do with this case, overall. Now, I can finally talk about it, and I hope everyone here, along with the work of others, LE or not, can get it solved.

I studied the LIRR quite a bit to try and understand if Maureen could have taken the train to LI for a call out. Still doesn’t account for why she never called anyone back while in route, especially given she was taking a risk she normally wouldn’t. I find it unlikely she could have walked from any of the LIRR stations to a hotel (one in particular that many on this board know about) near Babylon. If she rode then her phone was dead and she got a ride on that end. It just doesn’t add up for me. I contend she was lured at or near Penn Station.
So your POI has a roommate who was a cop and lived near GB. A cop who worked near Penn Station. Would you describe the roommate as a neat person? Organized? How about the POI himself?

You are right, she couldn't have walked to a hotel from LIRR. So, I'm guessing she was probably picked up, by vehicle. If she didn't have much money on her, I don't see how she could buy an LIRR ticket (unless she had a credit card), and then take a car service/taxi car from the LIRR station (most of these were cash at the time). She could have taken a car service car, but would need the cash, unless the john paid the driver upon her arrival. Those are just some thoughts.

The cop roommate was an extremely neat person. My friend was in charge of cleaning the house, and the cop was the type of guy who wanted everything in its place, dishes done, kitty litter cleaned out, floors Swiffer-mopped, house vacuumed, bed made, before he came home from work. My friend seemed to have a lot of anxiety over this at times, and wanted to make sure things were "just right" before the roommate got home. He would pick me up from my house and some days I would help him do chores, or he would have to stop by his house to make sure something was done before we went out on the road again.

My friend, himself, was generally neat. In earlier years, when he lived in his family's basement, his room was presentable. He never was one to leave plates/cups sitting out after he used them in his room, and his bed was generally made. His computer area was very organized. He was detailed in how he labeled things, and creative with naming mix cds he made for me, etc. The only disorganization would be occasional piles of clean and folded clothes he had yet to put away.

Hello, I made a minor suggestion a while back and everybody was very kind, considering it was pretty useless. so I'm going to venture a new one

I mentioned prior, that I'm UK based, and among the cases I've considered are a series of unsolved and very cold [1960s] murders in London, known as the Hammersmith Nude Murders [or The Jack-the-Stripper Murders] I won't go into the details, but there were 8 murders, bodies disposed of around the river Thames in west London. Over the years, I have come to consider that perhaps they didn't have one perp, but the similarities could be accounted for by the person, for the sake of it I'll call him Fixer, who was called in to dispose of "Bodies of inconvenience" - women who had died at the hands of the rich, possibly famous, criminal top brass, in society houses, in posh hotels or posher gambling halls.

I think that's a great thought, FOXINBOX, and something to keep in mind. To me, it fits in with the larger picture of the idea of parties in the area of Oak Beach, and disposal of the bodies. I don't know that any of us can say for sure that the person/s who committed the killings would be the same person to place the bodies.

Through time, and reading of contributions by members here, along with public info, I've shifted my thoughts a bit, as necessary.

When the bodies were first found, it was unclear to me whether the murders took place nearby (say, in a car, in one of the beach parking lots), and then the bodies were disposed of right away...

Or, if the killings took place indoors, with subsequent temporary storage indoors, and then moving of the bodies to the Ocean Parkway area...

Or, if the killings took place indoors, and were stored outdoors (let's say, for the sake of argument, in the general area where Shannan was found), with a final move/placement of the bodies along Ocean Parkway...

I'm going to hold on to your idea there, and keep it in mind, for future, if we ever get to a point where we know more about the case, thanks for contributing!

Intriguing suggestion, hmmm fixer? Plausible, imo.

Just wanted to say, very quickly, that I finally received a response from SCPD on my tips. I am grateful to finally get a response after something like a decade of trying to reach out. It's not much, but at least I was told that I would be contacted if my POI/s are arrested, and that it is an ongoing case. I am grateful for some sort of response. I hope this means that the larger case is actually still being looked at. It's not much, but it's something.

Just wanted to say, very quickly, that I finally received a response from SCPD on my tips. I am grateful to finally get a response after something like a decade of trying to reach out. It's not much, but at least I was told that I would be contacted if my POI/s are arrested, and that it is an ongoing case. I am grateful for some sort of response. I hope this means that the larger case is actually still being looked at. It's not much, but it's something.

Sounds great!

Wow! It’s encouraging to learn that someone from SCPD actually listened to you re: your tip, and that there was follow up. Glad to hear it…

I don't know if it's a timing thing--since Gabby Petito's body was found, and she had roots in LI, and I believe SCPD helped when she went missing. Maybe (fingers crossed) as awful as the Petito case is, it will bring back some light toward--or a reminder of the LISK case, and that it's still ongoing. We can hope, in that respect.

I'm new to WS. Forgive me if this is old news. In the 1st episode of TKS there is a blurred pic of JF standing in his kitchen (I presume). The fridge in back of him has a large "H" displayed. Any thoughts of linking this to the belt initials?

I’ve been waiting for someone else to notice that. That’s the scene where he is standing in his drawers in the kitchen. Was always wondering if that was a random coincidence or not.

I’ve been waiting for someone else to notice that. That’s the scene where he is standing in his drawers in the kitchen. Was always wondering if that was a random coincidence or not.
I'm sure TKS must be The Killing Season. I haven't watched it, but I'm stumped on who JF might be (probably not James Franco or Jimmy Fallon, I'd guess).
Wasn't sure if I could use the full name - even though it was used clearly in the documentary. I'd be happy to post it if it is allowed. Also wondering if he was in someone else's abode as JF and "H" are seemingly unrelated. In the doc they were able to trace a Wikipedia page edit to a IP address at the SCPD where someone used the name J...F....

Try not to use the whole name in most cases. I knew exactly who you were referring to in that episode of TKS. Heaven forbid you (accidentally or intentionally) step on the wrong person’s toes on here, sometimes the mods and members will be all over it and you might get strikes against your account. I once commented on a public video anyone can access on YT and because my comment got misinterpreted, I was then improperly accused of sleuthing a non-POI which is completely ridiculous. I made what I considered an objective post on publicly accessible facts about someone who is considered to be one of the ‘good guys’ but it was perceived as subjective because people were being overly protective of someone and I was timed out. Best to use initials it’s just as effective most times.

This has been a case that has mystified me since the missing of MG and the finding of the GB4. IMO there are more questions than answers with mystery after mystery and limited information provided. I make a point of watching anything on LISK and end up shaking my head. The big question is did the killing stop, move some other place, or something happened to the killer or killers? I appreciate it when investigative journalists continue to reinvestigate cases like these.... not that other cases are not important. Unfortunately, some cases take off and get extreme media attention and others not so much. The grieving families, in some cases, lead the way.

Try not to use the whole name in most cases. I knew exactly who you were referring to in that episode of TKS. Heaven forbid you (accidentally or intentionally) step on the wrong person’s toes on here, sometimes the mods and members will be all over it and you might get strikes against your account. I once commented on a public video anyone can access on YT and because my comment got misinterpreted, I was then improperly accused of sleuthing a non-POI which is completely ridiculous. I made what I considered an objective post on publicly accessible facts about someone who is considered to be one of the ‘good guys’ but it was perceived as subjective because people were being overly protective of someone and I was timed out. Best to use initials it’s just as effective most times.
Thanks for the guidance!

It has always struck/bothered me that all the Gilgo Beach victims were found on the westbound or bay side of the road. Maybe others just haven't been found on the beach side or maybe there is not enough cover on the eastbound side. But why only on one side? I had imagined a person driving a certain distance from the causeway and disposing of the victims before making a u turn and returning to the "mainland." Perhaps the pattern indicates that the perpetrator was only going in one direction, i.e. Queens (a borough which has been mentioned several times as having a connection to the case).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freedomfinders
Back