Greece - Caroline Crouch, 20, tortured and murdered, Athens, 11 May 2021 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
People weren't confused about EM, she actually portrayed herself as a 'psychologist' until the professional Greek board confronted her and she changed it on her website.

If EM couldn't legally go to LE about C's fear of B, couldn't she have gone for herself? EM didn't feel safe around him.

Turkey! I completely forgot all about that bit! Yeesh. And now B makes jokes about getting the prison 'pilot' job. In his mind, he's probably getting out soon and will go back to flying!
Everybody has a right to dream - even a murderer. He is human after all and as they say "Hope dies the last". But he needn't worry. He will be free in 15 years according to Greek law, right? Still young enough to have a new family. He might even have a true therapy in prison. What a pity he denied his teen wife this elemental right to life in freedom and happiness! But this is not a perfect world we live in, unfortunately. But listening to our hearts might make it a little bit better for us and people around us.

Last edited:
People weren't confused about EM, she actually portrayed herself as a 'psychologist' until the professional Greek board confronted her and she changed it on her website.

If EM couldn't legally go to LE about C's fear of B, couldn't she have gone for herself? EM didn't feel safe around him.

Turkey! I completely forgot all about that bit! Yeesh. And now B makes jokes about getting the prison 'pilot' job. In his mind, he's probably getting out soon and will go back to flying!

IMO you are expecting too much of a "Psychologist" and LE. It was C's responsibility - not EM's - to change something in her life. She was over 18yo - not a child. She needed to tell her parents about her situation which EM told her to do.

All EM had to do was cancel B's appointments if she was afraid of him. If you go to the police, and do not have physical injuries, they can't really do anything.

IMO you are expecting too much of a "Psychologist" and LE. It was C's responsibility - not EM's - to change something in her life. She was over 18yo - not a child. She needed to tell her parents about her situation which EM told her to do.

All EM had to do was cancel B's appointments if she was afraid of him. If you go to the police, and do not have physical injuries, they can't really do anything.

Edit: Ok, I reread and see you got my comment about EM's personal fear, duh. (I just woke up). LE can be called for verbal threats and such, it doesn't have to be physical assault. We don't know if she was threatened before C's murder though.

Excellent point about EM canceling the appointments if she feared him! ...separate issue: People are questioning why, when C 'canceled' from her phone, EM contacted B instead of C. [we know that it was likely B using his phone to act like C's, or B grabbed her phone, C did not send the message]

Experts have noted that if EM had actually been a professional, she would've advised C not to tell B she wanted to leave. Victims in this type of situation need to covertly plan and 'steal away in the night', to avoid being beaten/murdered.

What could C's parents have done? She needed to call a women's shelter.

Last edited:
IMO he was the "product" of his upbringing. He couldnt manage his emotions. Was emotionally withdrawn and socially awkward. C was lively and confident. Their characters clashed and arguments followed. That was their miserable reality. They should have parted their ways.
I wasn't aware that, as a product of his upbringing, B was emotionally withdrawn and socially awkward. Can you perhaps share where you've got this information from or are you saying this is what you're assuming?

I wasn't aware that, as a product of his upbringing, B was emotionally withdrawn and socially awkward. Can you perhaps share where you've got this information from or are you saying this is what you're assuming?
Some of his acquaitances mentioned his awkwardness in numerous articles I read. I also noticed it while watching his photos (strange facial expression). It seems he suffers from some kind of personality disorder - controlling, manipulative, etc. Such disorders are formed in childhood. It isnt some genetic mental illness running in families for generations but a disorder (acquired). But of course Im assuming :) All I write here are just my opinions.

Last edited:
Caroline Crouch suspected husband of having an affair with ex
And now, secret testimony given by Helen Milonopoulou, according to reports from Greek news outlet IN.
..the testimony, which lasted four hours..
“In January, Caroline began to suspect that her husband may have returned to one of the women he knew before their marriage, she knew that there were two women from his work with whom he had relations before.”

..Babis had called her and claimed his wife was suffering from postpartum depression.
However, she stressed that from the first session, when she was left alone, Caroline started telling her that the real problem was that she wanted to leave her house.
Caroline described to her an authoritarian husband who had her under his complete control and had cut her off from everyone.

Ms. Mylonopoulou:
"She could no longer bear how manipulative he was. She lived under his complete control 24 hours a day.
The pilot had put a device on his cell phone to check where Caroline was and had cut her off from her friends. He accompanied her to every session, she said, and when she was alone and started talking, she was afraid that he would hear what she was saying."

Last edited:
And now, secret testimony given by Helen Milonopoulou, according to reports from Greek news outlet IN.
..the testimony, which lasted four hours..
“In January, Caroline began to suspect that her husband may have returned to one of the women he knew before their marriage, she knew that there were two women from his work with whom he had relations before.”

..Babis had called her and claimed his wife was suffering from postpartum depression.
However, she stressed that from the first session, when she was left alone, Caroline started telling her that the real problem was that she wanted to leave her house.
Caroline described to her an authoritarian husband who had her under his complete control and had cut her off from everyone.

Ms. Mylonopoulou:
"She could no longer bear how manipulative he was. She lived under his complete control 24 hours a day.
The pilot had put a device on his cell phone to check where Caroline was and had cut her off from her friends. He accompanied her to every session, she said, and when she was alone and started talking, she was afraid that he would hear what she was saying."
Cherchez la femme.

Edit: Ok, I reread and see you got my comment about EM's personal fear, duh. (I just woke up). LE can be called for verbal threats and such, it doesn't have to be physical assault. We don't know if she was threatened before C's murder though.

Excellent point about EM canceling the appointments if she feared him! ...separate issue: People are questioning why, when C 'canceled' from her phone, EM contacted B instead of C. [we know that it was likely B using his phone to act like C's, or B grabbed her phone, C did not send the message]

Experts have noted that if EM had actually been a professional, she would've advised C not to tell B she wanted to leave. Victims in this type of situation need to covertly plan and 'steal away in the night', to avoid being beaten/murdered.

What could C's parents have done? She needed to call a women's shelter.

@tayaway First of all, why are you using EM as the initials of the mental health counselor, Helen Milonopoulou? Shouldn't we be using HM?

Secondly, it appears that HM only feared B after C was murdered as is indicated in the following:

"The couple’s counselor is said to have referred to a visit she received from Babis Anagnostopoulos in early June, shortly before his case started. He appeared to be pretending to be “overwhelmed” by grief for his late wife, she said. Ms. Mylonopoulou also said the pilot had been trying to “fish” for the notes she kept from the conversations between them, while he had asked her what he intended to report to the police authorities. Finally, Ms. Mylonopoulou testified that she received threats against her life: "They called me and asked if I had testified to the police about what Caroline was saying at the sessions,” she said. “A few days later, I received threatening phone calls from a stranger who was threatening to kill me, telling me ‘you will pay me’.”

Thirdly, Tayaway said, "Experts have noted that if EM had actually been a professional, she would've advised C not to tell B she wanted to leave. Victims in this type of situation need to covertly plan and 'steal away in the night', to avoid being beaten/murdered. What could C's parents have done? She needed to call a women's shelter"

It appears that HM advised C to tell her parents about the situation. I think that would have been good advice if C had a way of contacting her parents without B knowing what she said. Was B privy to the content of all C's phone calls? C's parents could then have contacted police for advice on what options C had. Otherwise, HM could have contacted them on her phone if C had requested her to do so. HM could also have provided the addresses of women's refuges in Athens and found out about vacancies. Was C phoning one of these the night before she was murdered? I am not sure if C had access to money even though they seemed to have had a joint bank account. Also it seems that he had a spy app on her phone which told him where C was. If I had. been advising C, I would have asked her about B's routine. If he was always away from the home from 9am to 5pm, then her escape should have been soon after he left on a day he was always away for the day. Also she could have deleted the spy app?

I guess I need to disclose that I am a graduate in Psychology with post graduate Relationship Counselling. Life Coaching and Psychotherapy qualifications. Even though I have said I was a Teacher, I actually lectured in Organisational Behaviour and Communication to adults in Business Studies. I resigned from teaching in 2000 and became self-employed as a Counsellor but I am retired now.

From my experience, I found that many health professionals were ignorant of the complexity and devastation that NPD causes. NPD was not covered in any of the courses I ever did. However, as my parents had NPD, I took it upon myself to learn about it and read every book I could on the subject.

I always interviewed the couple at the first appointment and then saw them individually. I read that many therapists, not understanding NPD, often take the side of the narcissist as they are very convincing. Once I identified which one of the couple had NPD, it was very helpful in being able to assist the other partner. I then told the partner with NPD that he/she would no longer needed to attend sessions. They were happy to agree because, of course, they blamed their partner for their problems. However, the partner with NPD does not always agree to counselling sessions either so I needed to help the other partner. They always think there is nothing wrong with them.

I have assisted many clients to escape their NPD partner. In most cases, they would choose a date when they were going to "disappear" and organise a removal van to arrive at their home on a day that they were sure their partner would be away for the day. They would have set up somewhere that they were going to live and never tell that partner where they were going. However, when these women have children it is more difficult. In this case, they need to use a solicitor to negotiate from then on. Going to their parent's home is not very helpful as that is where their partner will guess they have gone. In their planning, they have to make sure they have enough money too so going to a shelter is often a good idea for a temporary move. They often change their names too.

My girlfriend in LA was married to a guy from whom she separated but he found out where she was living. He was a drug addict and used to visit her at gunpoint asking her for money. I advised her to move and to make sure he did not have knowledge of or access to her new address. Separation from a narcissist is the most dangerous time for a woman who is married to one.

I just wish I could have helped Caroline.

ETA: If I seem to have empathy for HM, it is because many health professionals are ignorant of NPD and are hoodwinked by the narcissist that their partner is the one with the problem - not them. In this case, the problem was with C as B told HM C had postpartum depression. The most telling sign of narcissism is their lack of empathy.

@tayaway First of all, why are you using EM as the initials of the mental health counselor, Helen Milonopoulou? Shouldn't we be using HM?

Secondly, it appears that HM only feared B after C was murdered as is indicated in the following:

"The couple’s counselor is said to have referred to a visit she received from Babis Anagnostopoulos in early June, shortly before his case started. He appeared to be pretending to be “overwhelmed” by grief for his late wife, she said. Ms. Mylonopoulou also said the pilot had been trying to “fish” for the notes she kept from the conversations between them, while he had asked her what he intended to report to the police authorities. Finally, Ms. Mylonopoulou testified that she received threats against her life: "They called me and asked if I had testified to the police about what Caroline was saying at the sessions,” she said. “A few days later, I received threatening phone calls from a stranger who was threatening to kill me, telling me ‘you will pay me’.”

Thirdly, Tayaway said, "Experts have noted that if EM had actually been a professional, she would've advised C not to tell B she wanted to leave. Victims in this type of situation need to covertly plan and 'steal away in the night', to avoid being beaten/murdered. What could C's parents have done? She needed to call a women's shelter"

It appears that HM advised C to tell her parents about the situation. I think that would have been good advice if C had a way of contacting her parents without B knowing what she said. Was B privy to the content of all C's phone calls? C's parents could then have contacted police for advice on what options C had. Otherwise, HM could have contacted them on her phone if C had requested her to do so. HM could also have provided the addresses of women's refuges in Athens and found out about vacancies. Was C phoning one of these the night before she was murdered? I am not sure if C had access to money even though they seemed to have had a joint bank account. Also it seems that he had a spy app on her phone which told him where C was. If I had. been advising C, I would have asked her about B's routine. If he was always away from the home from 9am to 5pm, then her escape should have been soon after he left on a day he was always away for the day. Also she could have deleted the spy app?

I guess I need to disclose that I am a graduate in Psychology with post graduate Relationship Counselling. Life Coaching and Psychotherapy qualifications. Even though I have said I was a Teacher, I actually lectured in Organisational Behaviour and Communication to adults in Business Studies. I resigned from teaching in 2000 and became self-employed as a Counsellor but I am retired now.

From my experience, I found that many health professionals were ignorant of the complexity and devastation that NPD causes. NPD was not covered in any of the courses I ever did. However, as my parents had NPD, I took it upon myself to learn about it and read every book I could on the subject.

I always interviewed the couple at the first appointment and then saw them individually. I read that many therapists, not understanding NPD, often take the side of the narcissist as they are very convincing. Once I identified which one of the couple had NPD, it was very helpful in being able to assist the other partner. I then told the partner with NPD that he/she would no longer needed to attend sessions. They were happy to agree because, of course, they blamed their partner for their problems. However, the partner with NPD does not always agree to counselling sessions either so I needed to help the other partner. They always think there is nothing wrong with them.

I have assisted many clients to escape their NPD partner. In most cases, they would choose a date when they were going to "disappear" and organise a removal van to arrive at their home on a day that they were sure their partner would be away for the day. They would have set up somewhere that they were going to live and never tell that partner where they were going. However, when these women have children it is more difficult. In this case, they need to use a solicitor to negotiate from then on. Going to their parent's home is not very helpful as that is where their partner will guess they have gone. In their planning, they have to make sure they have enough money too so going to a shelter is often a good idea for a temporary move. They often change their names too.

My girlfriend in LA was married to a guy from whom she separated but he found out where she was living. He was a drug addict and used to visit her at gunpoint asking her for money. I advised her to move and to make sure he did not have knowledge of or access to her new address. Separation from a narcissist is the most dangerous time for a woman who is married to one.

ETA: If I seem to have empathy for HM, it is because many health professionals are ignorant of NPD and are hoodwinked by the narcissist that their partner is the one with the problem - not them. In this case, the problem was with C as B told HM C had postpartum depression. The most telling sign of narcissism is their lack of empathy.
Wow! What an interesting post! You are full of surprises hihi. Isnt it strange that 2 people with NPD found one another? I wonder if they fought with each other or joined forces against the world??? Im really curious. And a child of such home environment survives, full of empathy towards others! It is really interesting.

There is no some femme fatale but a disturbed murderous individual. Oh, it is my opinion only :)
I think there probably was a woman B was seeing behind CC's back and it would make sense that CC found out.
The police will certainly know if this was the case. They're keen to uncover the motive for the disturbed, murderous individual's planned killing of his wife, and the woman, if she exists, may well be able to provide the police with invaluable information, hence the famous detective-novel expression, 'Cherchez la femme' (nothing to do with 'femme fatale').

I think there probably was a woman B was seeing behind CC's back and it would make sense that CC found out.
The police will certainly know if this was the case. They're keen to uncover the motive for the disturbed, murderous individual's planned killing of his wife, and the woman, if she exists, may well be able to provide the police with invaluable information, hence the famous detective-novel expression, 'Cherchez la femme' (nothing to do with 'femme fatale').
Oh, but "Cherchez la femme" has a lot to do with "femme fatale". Both are sexist cliches indicating that a woman is at the root of the crime. No - at the root of the crime is a murderer! MOO

Last edited:

Her name is Eleni and she has zero qualifications to be able to call herself a 'professional.' Evidence: See the media releases from the Greek Association of Psychologists. She does get credit for being an ear for C, if for nothing else.

...It seems doubtful C would've been able to contact her parents without him knowing - he had that app on her phone that monitored her every action. I imagine that if she tried to remove that app, he'd make her life even worse as punishment. They had a joint bank account, but I doubt very much she had any access to it. Her name was likely on it for appearances sake so her parents would keep shoveling cash into it. All the media outlets have reported the repeated observation that she wasn't allowed two pennies to rub together in her pocket and if she went out somewhere, she had to call B's friend's taxi or she wasn't allowed to go. Talk about a fairytale prison.

Some of this is triggering for me - I've had 2 serious relationships in my life, one with a wife beater Paul Bernardo wannabe (you know it's bad when HIS Catholic priest sides with you and calls him that), and two, with an NPD. The wife beater convinced my family that I'd racked up our landline phone bill (it was the mid '90s) to the tune of hundreds of dollars a month - in reality, I wasn't even allowed to answer the phone or call anyone on it, even when he wasn't there. How could he tell them I did that when I wasn't allowed to use it!?!? So I called the telephone company (while he was at work) to say that there'd been some billing mistake - they said, no, the 'fantasy 1-900' numbers were called from our phone. I was like, wth is that? They snail mailed me a copy of the bill and I was able to check our mailbox when he wasn't there (he worked during the day).

Anyway... thank you for sharing your cool background. I think, in a way, some of us are in this thread because we wish we could've done something for C, ya?

ETA: You could certainly be right about EM not feeling threatened until after the murder.

No, her name is Eleni.

Ding ding ding!

Oh but "Cherchez la femme" has a lot to do with "femme fatale". Both are sexist cliches indicating that a woman is at the root of the crime. No - at the root of the crime is a murderer! MOO

Yes! We must stop victim blaming! Nobody but the killer chose to murder C! Not C, not the baby or the puppy, not some side chick - just B!

Yes Tayaway - I agree with every word you wrote! The "therapist" as only an "ear" - exactly! And an expensive one I must add. As for victim blaming - there was a campaign against DV in Poland. You could see enormous posters with a face of a beaten woman, and there were words of her abusive husband : "Because the soup was too salty". That just summs it up, really. Everybody and everything is guilty but not he, the abuser! Maybe B had a lover, or maybe not. But leave this woman alone!!! It wasnt she who put her hands around C's neck and strangled her! It was B - the murderer. And at the end I salute you Tayaway - you are a survivor! Thank goodness Fate didnt put such an abuser in my way. Im afraid I, with my temper:) would break my frying pan on his miserable head.

Not necessarily. I know quite a lot of Eleni,s being married into a Greek family, and there are different versions in English too - Helen, Helena, Ellen, Eleanor. It's not correct to alter the spelling of a name for our own purposes, unless the person refers to themself by that name.

Sorry it looks as if the initials of EM are correct. I was taking it from the article quoted where they used her name as Helen Milonopoulou. I joined this case late so I have never read much
about her before and was mainly interested in hearing about what C told her about B and not her lack of qualifications, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona