Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Natalie Christopher, 34, British, missing after jog, Ikaria, 5 August 2019

I would like to know what time the flight home was scheduled for. As a runner, I wouldn’t normally choose to run on the day I’m flying out, plus it sounds like they had a typical checkout time of 11am/noon, which means she’d need to be back in time for a shower and to pack.

I’d also like to know what time sunrise was. I doubt she’d run in the dark.

Boyfriend wakes up, she isn’t there, he calls her cell phone, and she answers. Says she’s out for a run. I hope phone pings are available to help police know areas to search.

According to this site, sunrise would have been at 6:23 a.m. (to be precise, 6:22:53)

Ikaria, Greece Sunrise Sunset Times

click "show all dates" to see August 5th.

Natalie is from Cyprus. Vacationing on a Greek Island with her boyfriend. Supposed to head back to Cyprus on Monday. Went for a jog Monday morning and didn’t return.

Cyprus resident missing on Greek island - Cyprus Mail
From the article:
"Reports said the radio signal emitted by the phone was picked up by a cell tower located on an island opposite Ikaria, but authorities believe it was due to interference.

Greek media said authorities were contemplating switching off the tower on Fourni island in a bid to get a clearer location of the phone."

Her phone still being on leads me to think an accidental fall in the rugged terrain is likely vs foul play. Hope they can get the signal/towers sorted out asap.

«Φύλλο και φτερό» από τις Αρχές το δωμάτιο που έμεναν

The authorities are (going over) the (hotel) room they stayed in "with a fine tooth comb."*

*The phrase here (which I translated to an English idiom) is a Greek idiom, which literally means, "leaf and feather," and means in context here that the police are searching every bit of that room, with the implication being that it may be a possible crime scene.

Σύμφωνα με τον σύντροφό της, το πρωί εκείνης της ημέρας είχε ανοίξει η μύτη της 34χρονος.

According to her partner, on that morning she, the 34 year old, had a bloody nose*

literally means her nose "had opened," but in context here means that the partner is claiming that the blood stains on the bed were due to her having a bloody nose.

(my translation only)

Εξαφάνιση αστροφυσικού στην Ικαρία: Κηλίδες αίματος βρέθηκαν στο κρεβάτι του ζευγαριού

And from here MOO:

How did he know she had a bloody nose in the morning if he never saw her that morning (as was reported earlier)?

When her partner woke up on Monday, she was not in the room. When he telephoned her, she told him that she had gone jogging. That was the last contact anyone has had with the woman; after that point, she either would not or could not answer her telephone. Shortly after that, it was switched off.

Her partner reported her missing at 12:40 PM on Monday.

There are many mountain paths for jogging on the island and one person said that he saw the woman running after they were shown her photograph.

British Woman Disappears on Greek Island of Ikaria | GreekReporter.com

Does anyone know where on the island they were? I can’t seem to figure it out. I have seen “Kerame” but have found different possible locations that go by that name. The one I lee returning to is on the opposite side of the island from the neighboring island where her phone may have pinged from.

Anyone else have more luck?

A question for the female runners here:

Do you normally leave on a run without informing your partner (either by mentioning it the night before or leaving a note in the morning)?

I'm skeptical of his story. JMO

Nope. I either tell my partner that I'm going for an early run the night before and then slip out so I don't wake anyone or, tell him right then and there.

I always tell that I'm going for a run and usually say where.

But then again, I'm on WS and think about people going missing all the time..I might be a bit paranoid. LOL

Does anyone know where on the island they were? I can’t seem to figure it out. I have seen “Kerame” but have found different possible locations that go by that name. The one I lee returning to is on the opposite side of the island from the neighboring island where her phone may have pinged from.

Anyone else have more luck?

I found Kerame on the northern part of the island. According to the above article, she told her partner she was running in the Ayios Kirikos area which is on the other side of the island, 34km or about an hour away from Kerame by car (which I find strange, why jog so far away?). Fournoi, where her phone pinged, is an island off the coast of Ikaria across from Ayios Kirikos, so that explains why that tower needs to be shut off.

Google Maps

Her partner, 38, told local media she had gone out for a jog at 8am ahead of their flight home, and that he called her at 9.30am and she answered.

He told Protothema News that she told him that she was jogging up a hill in a rocky part of the island, and promised that she would be careful.

‘I can’t go fast, I’ll be back slowly, don’t worry,’ he claims she told him.

British astrophysicist vanishes while out jogging during holiday in Greek island sparking a manhunt | | Express Digest

Automatic translation:

...However, since the antenna was switched off in the "Fournoi", new spots have been identified on the 35-year-old's cellphone, leading to a specific area.

Investigations are now focused on a specific route, covering the distance from the hotel where the 35-year-old English Cypriot lived to the area where her latest new position was recorded.

Νέες αποκαλύψεις για την εξαφάνιση της 34χρονης στην Ικαρία -Οι φωνές και η μαρτυρία της καμαριέρας | ΕΛΛΑΔΑ | iefimerida.gr

Automatic translation:

“I heard some voices last night. When I checked in the room, I found that there was a sheet spread on the bedroom sofa, which may indicate that the couple was sleeping in separate rooms the previous night, "the maid told the hotel owner and ELAS.
Finding blood in the hotel bed was confirmed, speaking to iefimerida, the owner of the tourist unit.
"I saw it with my own eyes. It was a few drops on the bed. I think the girl's nose would open, but that's my interpretation, "he said.

Νέες αποκαλύψεις για την εξαφάνιση της 34χρονης στην Ικαρία -Οι φωνές και η μαρτυρία της καμαριέρας | ΕΛΛΑΔΑ | iefimerida.gr

Edit: correction of the gender of the hotel owner

Last edited:
The investigations extend from the Kerame Ikaria area to Cape Drakano, a distance of approximately 10 km.

Blood stains were found in the couple's room at the Ikaria hotel. The blood comes from a nosebleed, and what the authorities have to determine is whether it came from a natural nosebleed or a blow. DNA tests will be able to provide a safe answer whether or not the blood belongs to Natalie.

Θρίλερ με την εξαφάνιση της Natalie Christopher

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back