GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here comes the moment on redirect---short clarified answers to the "what did you look at?" ---Toolbox, make model, lights (not headlight pattern), saw could not be visible except at Walmart as verified by his testing.

Did you conclude that defendants truck was the one that went down 814? Yes. Identical to Walmart truck? Yes. This morning was worth the wait. She undid any confusion defense might have put into play. And any question that science wasn't in line with his testimony was put to rest by the poor cross and materials can be looked at by the jury if they want.

I had forgotten that Donald's testimony about seeing the pic of Heather on the phone included a defense cross-examination about how he told his mother that was a lie....so I'm kinda doubting we will be hearing from him.

Well, Donnie's been in and out of jail A LOT this year: larceny, assault x2, possession of ice/crank/coke x3, theft, resisting, weapons. He currently remains incarcerated (at J Reuben Long, lol, that's gotta make for awkward jailhouse interactions with the Moorers) for this most recent case:

3 arrested, charged after vehicle break-ins in Conway neighborhood

Don't think he'll be on the witness list, he'd be a huge credibility liability.

AC or NM cannot be in courtroom if being called by defense. I also don't think they'd be sitting over there with his parents. That would bring on the wrath of PC and TM. UNLESS there has been a break in the family. And SM's mom was a witness against TM, right? Why wouldn't she be on list again?????

I don't know if I think AC would be sitting with SM's parents. I can see it being NM, because that's their granddaughter. I'm also wondering if that's the boyfriend, but then why would he (not family) be sitting between family, and not on the other side of NM?

I will not obsess over this.

Ha ha ha! You're right. Definitely not AC. I must be braindead from all the headlight testimony.

AC or NM cannot be in courtroom if being called by defense. I also don't think they'd be sitting over there with his parents. That would bring on the wrath of PC and TM. UNLESS there has been a break in the family. And SM's mom was a witness against TM, right? Why wouldn't she be on list again?????
Yes, SM's Mom was a State witness. She may have the kids now, but I doubt they're still being home-schooled, no matter who has them. So NM has probably been in school this week and may have taken off early today to make the 2+ hour drive from Summerville to Conway. That's if she's not on the witness list.

And the point of the State calling SM's mom was to show how calculating and controlling TM was, because it was TM they were trying to lock up. If the State calls his mom to the stand, she'll likely make him look like a victim, not a perpetrator.

JMO.

P. Cestare did not go through drawers or cabinets. He only took pictures. TM was voluntarily allowing them to be in the home and was leading P. Cestare through the home. Eventually, TM's parents (BC & P. Caison) came into the house as well.

PC was trying to be stealth about some of his photo taking. He wanted to get a pic of the security cameras, but didn't want to tip that he noticed them. He was "shooting from the hip," but when there were 2 palm trees in the way.

This person looks way too old to be NM and in my opinion nothing like her. It could just be a curious relative.
You may be right, but consider this . . . The Moorers (SM's parents) do not and have not ever lived in Horry County. If these were relatives of theirs, which I would think to be the case, since they're sitting together, who are they turning around smiling at familiarly? Not SM. He's at the Defense table. Not saying it's definitely NM. I just don't know who it could be otherwise.

Yes, SM's Mom was a State witness. She may have the kids now, but I doubt they're still being home-schooled, no matter who has them. So NM has probably been in school this week and may have taken off early today to make the 2+ hour drive from Summerville to Conway. That's if she's not on the witness list.

And the point of the State calling SM's mom was to show how calculating and controlling TM was, because it was TM they were trying to lock up. If the State calls his mom to the stand, she'll likely make him look like a victim, not a perpetrator.

JMO.

Have you heard that SM's parents have the kids now? I can' t imagine PC giving up custody of them, nor TM approving it in any way.... well, unless she put her kids there to spy and report back to her on what they were saying.

GF: more testimony describing how trucks are different from Moorer truck

GF: 4 door black trucks are not identical to each other on surveillance video

lol Mysterian, I'm sorry, but your posts are cracking me up!!

GF describes how a hyena is different from Moorer truck.
GF describes how mashed potatoes are different from Moorer truck.
GF describes how how South Dakota is different from Moorer truck.

This IS good, important testimony, but lawdy is it ever dry.

Have you heard that SM's parents have the kids now? I can' t imagine PC giving up custody of them, nor TM approving it in any way.... well, unless she put her kids there to spy and report back to her on what they were saying.
I haven't heard one way or the other. It's just a possibility I've considered and hoped for, considering how much healthier an environment it would likely be. TM would probably fight tooth and nail to keep it from happening, unless like you said, she was trying to plant them as moles. She's loco.

Oof .. I wasn't thinking about the receipts .. no work receipts in the vehicle show that SM (and his lovely wife TM) were at Sticky Fingers that night "working" as he claimed on the night of 12/17-12/18 .. all receipts were for dates in Nov. and after HE went missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675