GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought PC paid.... but why would ANYONE take this case pro bono? I'll never understand that.

Pro bono doesn't mean NO MONEY.
Defense is paid, by the State here, or where you live, is it the County: taxpayers.
Defense is not out of pocket.

Edit: I saw Gardenista's post, you call them Public Defenders.

Don DeMarino, a relative of Tammy Moorer, was the final witness called by the state.

Before he took the stand in front of the jury, Judge Dennis had the state and the prosecution question him so he could determine if DeMarino's testimony would be admissible.

Under questioning by the state DeMarino said that Sidney Moorer showed him something on a cellphone that led him to believe that he knew more about Heather Elvis's whereabouts than what he told police.

DeMarino couldn't put an exact time frame on when he was shown the phone, but said it was sometime after Sidney Moorer was released from jail.

The judge allowed the jury to hear DeMarino's testimony and, under cross-examination, the defense asked DeMarino about his criminal history and what he did with the information Moorer presented to him.

Sidney Moorer found guilty of obstructing justice in Heather Elvis case, gets max sentence

Closing arguments concluded in Sidney Moorer obstruction of justice trial, jury to be charged

The next witness called was Donald Demarino, a cousin of Tammy Moorer, Sidney Moorer's wife. He testified that after Elvis' disappearance, Moorer showed him "something" on a cell phone indicating that Moorer had more information about Elvis' disappearance than what he told police. What was shown was not disclosed during this trial.

The defense asked Demarino if he was charged with obstruction of justice after not taking the information revealed to him to police. Demarino said he was not charged.

The state rested its case after Demarino was called down from the stand, and the jury was sent on their lunch break until 2 p.m.

Hi Hatfield! So DD testified to the same thing in Sidney's trial?? (The obstruction of justice one-- i had no idea because I was unfortunately unable to follow his trials)

Yea its awful fuzzy for me too about him but I know I have seen him before and this link describes it well. So thanks Gardenista for the link about his prior testimony in SM trial.

"The third day of the obstruction of justice trial for Sidney Moorer included testimony by a forensic expert specializing in analyzing cell phone location data and from Tammy Moorer's cousin, who said Sidney Moorer showed him "something" on a cell phone indicating that Moorer knew more about Heather Elvis' disappearance than what he told police."

Closing arguments concluded in Sidney Moorer obstruction of justice trial, jury to be charged

There was allot of info in an old social media thread in the parking lot, but that entire thread got deleted when it got too far out of bounds. Will we ever get our current parking lot thread opened back? :rolleyes:

This is slightly off topic but, Sunday is my birthday. The two closest “big cities” are Wilmington NC or Myrtle Beach. The main bridge in Wilmington is closed right now, so we went to Myrtle for the day for my birthday.
I am not exaggerating when I say that EVERY place I went today, I thought of Heather. My heart hurts for her. It hurts that she should be having babies (or not if she chose not to) and enjoying her life with HER people like I am mine today. It’s rainy and gross, but we went to all the normal tourist spots and had a lot of fun. She will never be able to do that and it really just breaks my heart.
That’s all. It may be stupid, but that’s how I felt all day. Just sad for her. I DID have fun but it was just tinged all day with sadness. We turned around before we got to the Socastee area because I just couldn’t. ☹️

DD testified in SM's obstruction trial but he said even LESS than what he said in TM's trial. In fact, we had no idea *what* he saw on that flip phone, only that he saw something that Sid showed him. The state wasn't allowed to ask any more than that.

It was only in TM's trial that we learned it was a picture taken of Heather and the most the state was allowed to elicit during DD's testimony is it didn't look like Heather could walk or talk and based on what DD saw, he didn't think anyone would hear from Heather. Implication: Heather is dead, but it wasn't something DD could testify specifically about.

To answer some questions from upstream:

1. Yes, Sid actually showed DD the picture on the phone. DD didn't just happen to see it, he was shown it by Sid, on purpose.

2. Why? Who knows. Sid was likely inebriated and doesn't think too much. Plus DD had his own legal problems, drug issues, so Sid probably didn't think DD would ever disclose what he saw. DD didn't go to police, police came to DD after hearing about something DD saw after DD told someone in jail.

3. The picture shown was taken of Heather, after she had been kidnapped. That's all we know other than DD surmised H.E. could not talk, could not walk and no one would be hearing from her.

Last edited:
This might already be posted but TM was transferred overnight or early this morning. She's at big girl prison, well at least intake.

Offender Name:
MOORER, TAMMY CAISON
Custody Status:
In Custody
Race:
White

Offender ID:
Parole Eligibility:
Not Eligible for Parole

VINELink

This might already be posted but TM was transferred overnight or early this morning. She's at big girl prison, well at least intake.

Offender Name:
MOORER, TAMMY CAISON
Custody Status:
In Custody

Race:
White

Offender ID:
Parole Eligibility:
Not Eligible for Parole

VINELink

Not.eligible.for.parole.

There was allot of info in an old social media thread in the parking lot, but that entire thread got deleted when it got too far out of bounds. Will we ever get our current parking lot thread opened back? :rolleyes:

Too far out of bounds as in 77 posts were removed for TOS violations. The rules are the same in the parking lot as on the public board but some members were going there to discuss information which was against the rules. The guidelines were clearly spelled out in the opening post but they were ignored.

You have the option to start a conversation in the inbox area where you can invite up to 20 members. Conversations are unmoderated and you can discuss information that is against TOS there.

During her speech when she threw her attorneys under the bus, she said all the evidence is in the box :)

Well her kids have custody of that box now, it must be worth a mint!

Don DeMarino, a relative of Tammy Moorer, was the final witness called by the state.

Before he took the stand in front of the jury, Judge Dennis had the state and the prosecution question him so he could determine if DeMarino's testimony would be admissible.

Under questioning by the state DeMarino said that Sidney Moorer showed him something on a cellphone that led him to believe that he knew more about Heather Elvis's whereabouts than what he told police.

DeMarino couldn't put an exact time frame on when he was shown the phone, but said it was sometime after Sidney Moorer was released from jail.

The judge allowed the jury to hear DeMarino's testimony and, under cross-examination, the defense asked DeMarino about his criminal history and what he did with the information Moorer presented to him.

Sidney Moorer found guilty of obstructing justice in Heather Elvis case, gets max sentence

BBM - This was when TM went ballistic and never came back into the court room. She wanted the jailhouse tape of DD played and SM's attorney wouldn't do it. Wish I had a link to that - this is from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa