GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If WM had *not* had that several-hours-long phonecall with his new love interest between the time he supposedly killed himself and the time when DM was said to have said those nasty things to him (I am going with DM's own words here, wherein he says the business meeting in the afternoon was the last time he saw his dad, and then he admitted to his gf, the lovely CN, that he had said all of those hateful things to him the last time he talked to him), then it might lend somewhat of a reasonable doubt as to murder vs suicide... the way that it stands, he had just spent hours talking to his newfound interest in life, excitedly making plans for the very immediate future to do something special for her for her birthday in a couple of days. A meeting had just been held wherein everyone seemed to think things went well (except for his son, likely because he didn't get his way in having Mr. Barnes fired). His back was getting better, it seems his drinking hadn't been a problem really, since before he had been laid up with this back issues, and things were just ready to roll with his MRO, which he was proud of accomplishing.

Thankfully the judge is more cognizant than jurors as to the importance of circumstantial evidence, and that it is not a lesser type of evidence than direct evidence. Seems that DM has a pile of those little circumstances all adding up, even contributed to by his own words during his witness statement. Whether the reconstructionist's testimony is ruled out or not, it is obvious from just trying it out physically oneself, that it is an awkward position, which, why would one do it that way, when a much simpler way to position oneself and the gun easily exists. If we keep in mind that the judge is to have no knowledge (is that true??) of DM's previous convictions, and she is to judge without any bias, prejudice or emotion, I'm not sure how it'll all turn out. Are we taking bets? jmo

Was recently looking at photos of MS's bedroom taken after his arrest. How did the 3 of them find floor space in that mess to sleep? :)
Did MM say they 'slept' in MS's bedroom.. or downstairs?

another sketch. I wonder who cleaned up the scene after? DNA of blood stain should have been collected IMO.
Millard-trial-forensic-officer-Marianne-Boucher.jpg
All kinds of evidence should have been collected and tested, but it seems that none was. Seriously flawed! In any case, isn't the crimescene left for the owners of the location to clean up? (Perhaps there is some kind of homeowners insurance coverage for that? No idea? I had always assumed that it would have just been left for DM to deal with however he wished.

No one else sees it but on my computer, I see ears and whiskers of a cat on the blue chair.

View attachment 136526 other attempts to show kitty
I do see what you're looking at for sure.. although each screen might show it slightly differently. I just think it would have been mentioned, because more room for contamination of evidence, right? Plus when things are blown up, they can take on distorted features. It's just a matter of opinion as to whether that distorted image could actually be a cat, and you are certainly welcome to believe it's a cat. jmo.

Especially if the Judge tosses Sutherland’s reconstruction of GSR, I think Pillay will certainly ask for a dismissal because the Crown hasn’t proven a suicide did not occur, therefore his client can not be proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt for a death that’s not proven to be murder.

If that occurs, I have no idea what the Judge would rule and we’re not privy to all the Statements of Agreed upon Facts that’ve been filed. My own opinion from just following the tweets, I think whether WM died by suicide or murder hasn’t been proven. It’s a hurdle for the Crown because the scene, the body and probably the gun was not properly preserved or analyzed at the onset. Certainly DM appears guilty and likely is but in a court of law he’s not required to prove his innocence. Tomorrow will be an important day in this trial, one way or another.
Hasn't AC enlightened his audience as to what all of the agreed upon statements of facts were regarding? The only one I know for sure we're missing is the one from Dena Colangelo, the housekeeper... unless I totally missed that part, in which case, could someone lead me to it? If not, will AC not report on her testimony given, and if not, why not? Anyone know?

Obviously I am not versed in the law, however I was surprised when RP was able to bring in MM's testimony from other trials. Is this a normal occurrence? Why is he allowed to do that? Is it because the defence is allowed to sleuth and use whatever evidence they can find against a Crown witness? Is the same allowed of the Crown, to use sworn info from another trial against DM, or would that only happen IF DM puts up a defence? Anyone know?

Yes. DM could have stood next to the bed but facing away or in the same direction as WM and shooting backwards if you like.
How could he have been facing away? He only had one chance to do this precisely correctly if he wanted it to appear to be suicide.

Prior to this trial, I had always imagined that DM was the ONLY one that knew that he had killed his dad, and the only one that knew he had planned to do it. Now that we have listened to evidence, I believe that a few may have known, those being AM, MS, and possibly CN. What thoughts about that are others following the case having?

then he admitted to his gf, the lovely CN, that he had said all of those hateful things to him the last time he talked to him), then it might lend somewhat of a reasonable doubt as to murder vs suicide...
IMO, DM was disseminating bits of lies, truths and half-truths in a wise foresight, intentionally pointing direct to suicide (while also saying, he would know suicidal people and WM wasn't such a suicidal person).

Hasn't AC enlightened his audience as to what all of the agreed upon statements of facts were regarding? The only one I know for sure we're missing is the one from Dena Colangelo, the housekeeper... unless I totally missed that part, in which case, could someone lead me to it? If not, will AC not report on her testimony given, and if not, why not? Anyone know?

Maybe, other than the housekeeper, he indeed shared the content. Not sure why I was thinking there was more, possibly it was just my expectations.

Just an aside, on the topic of ABro’s book, I highly recommend it. It offers a lot more factual background and context than can be found via MSM.

Prior to this trial, I had always imagined that DM was the ONLY one that knew that he had killed his dad, and the only one that knew he had planned to do it. Now that we have listened to evidence, I believe that a few may have known, those being AM, MS, and possibly CN. What thoughts about that are others following the case having?
Definitely MS was inaugurated, IMO. Maybe, AM suspected a killing; he must have known his friend and his (evil) mind, one should think. Lovely CN - I don't know.

Did MM say they 'slept' in MS's bedroom.. or downstairs?

I don't think MM was specific about that.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 25s26 seconds ago
"Mark and I passed out at some point, and I remember waking up to Dellen standing over us saying he was back from his date. It was hours after he left," Meneses says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 9s10 seconds ago
Meneses says she gave Millard a blanket and pillow and he "crashed on the floor beside us." She also says she and Smich walked Millard to the store that night so "he wouldn't get lost." #Millard

All kinds of evidence should have been collected and tested, but it seems that none was. Seriously flawed! In any case, isn't the crimescene left for the owners of the location to clean up? (Perhaps there is some kind of homeowners insurance coverage for that? No idea? I had always assumed that it would have just been left for DM to deal with however he wished.

Yes the death investigation was indeed seriously flawed. Taking DM totally out of the equation, just hypothetically, it leaves me feeling somewhat uncomfortable to consider murder charges can be laid when evidence has been mishandled or destroyed by people in authority - evidence that might’ve otherwise proven the innocence of the accused.

When you say deeply toxic relationship, do you mean you believe that from both ends? Can you explain what you mean a bit more? Do you mean... WM kind of in his own world, with his own, perhaps somewhat selfish, visions.. and DM in his own world, taking advantage of his dad wherever he could. Do you think the two were at each other all the time? That they didn't communicate? That WM was unhappy with the living arrangements? It seems like WM did have control, at least of the business and funds, while he was alive? Did he hang that stuff over DM's head? Do you believe DM when he said that WM asked him about his new lady friend, or think that was a lie.. it seemed like he was perhaps trying to involve her in the business by at least keeping her privy to certain aspects.. that had to have bothered DM? I'm sorry I really don't know anything about their personal relationship and I am sure you know much more. I do have your book, but I will have to get myself to get the heck off of sleuthing when I've got time that could be spent reading a real book.. does your book elaborate on that relationship at all? Thanks for any insight into their relationship that you might be able to share.
IMO, the relationships were in that way toxic as CM/WM/DM were living mainly in a men's world, even at home, one of them more egocentric than the other, each of them with a different passion, 2 of them (single children) rebelling against the duties of the "family business". MOO

IMO, the relationships were in that way toxic as CM/WM/DM were living mainly in a men's world, even at home, one of them more egocentric than the other, each of them with a different passion, 2 of them (single children) rebelling against the duties of the "family business". MOO

It’s enough to leave me feeling grateful that I wasn’t born into wealthy business family!

Yes the death investigation was indeed seriously flawed. Taking DM totally out of the equation, just hypothetically, it leaves me feeling somewhat uncomfortable to consider murder charges can be laid when evidence has been mishandled or destroyed by people in authority - evidence that might’ve otherwise proven the innocence of the accused.
Or convicted on guilt of the murderer. Can you believe that on top of all of the police failure to investigate anything, the coroner himself misplaced his paperwork???????? omg

Dellen Millard will be found not guilty. Judge only cases are usually not guilty in Canada

Do you have data to support that, because just based on my own recollection of recent cases, I don't think it's true.

How could he have been facing away? He only had one chance to do this precisely correctly if he wanted it to appear to be suicide.
Just picture the gun upside down pointed at WM in the position that best fits the gunshot residue pattern on the pillow and then decide for yourself how DM could have positioned himself to hold it in either left or right hand. Seems possible to me but you are welcome to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82