GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I was referring to the speculation that:

“I betcha John had informed Dellen he must remove all his stuff because Monday December 3 would be the officially announced opening of the new MRO”.

I’m thinking Mr Barnes would have testified that he said that to DM if he had said it.

Considering the gigantic size of the hanger, it appears Millardair was seeking signed contracts or subcontracts pertaining to large airline companies intending to schedule regular flights to and from Kitchener-Waterloo airport due to the airport’s expansion plans, The increased air traffic which never really materialized.

I think an “officially announced opening” in the MRO business would be somewhat redundant, not comparable to, for example, a grand opening of an automotive repair shop ready for drop in business.

BBM

“....Millardair needed a new home after leaving Toronto's Pearson International. The firm dangled a bold plan to repair jetliners, beginning with Boeing 737s and progressing to Airbus A320s and Boeing 757s, bigger than any jets at the airport....”
Big hangar. Bold plan. Total disaster. Inside the secret Millard negotiations

Some information about the volume of air traffic at Kitchener-Waterloo, past and present.
Region of Waterloo International Airport - Wikipedia

IMO, It would've been pretty hurtful to DM if WM sided with Barnes on this matter, rather than siding with his son.

If WM’s health was improving I don’t understand why it seemed he had very much distanced himself from business operations. Why didn’t he notice DMs toys all over the hanger? IIRC he took JS there the prior weekend.

It must’ve been quite toxic company dynamics - a company employee attempting to manage a part owner, a son, on behalf of the other part owner, the father.

Considering the gigantic size of the hanger, it appears Millardair was seeking signed contracts or subcontracts pertaining to large airline companies intending to schedule regular flights to and from Kitchener-Waterloo airport due to the airport’s expansion plans, The increased air traffic which never really materialized.

I think an “officially announced opening” in the MRO business would be somewhat redundant, not comparable to, for example, a grand opening of an automotive repair shop ready for drop in business.

BBM

“....Millardair needed a new home after leaving Toronto's Pearson International. The firm dangled a bold plan to repair jetliners, beginning with Boeing 737s and progressing to Airbus A320s and Boeing 757s, bigger than any jets at the airport....”
Big hangar. Bold plan. Total disaster. Inside the secret Millard negotiations

Some information about the volume of air traffic at Kitchener-Waterloo, past and present.
Region of Waterloo International Airport - Wikipedia
The business model for an MRO like Wayne was trying to set up is not dependant on traffic levels of the airport it is based at. They were going after contracts for heavy maintenance checks which is literally a worldwide market. Air Canada has contracted out that sort of work to South America and even China at times. Wayne was looking to set up something along the lines of Premier Aviation which until recently had hangers in Windsor ON and Trois Rivieres QC

Link: Welcome to Premier Aviation

Last edited:
If WM’s health was improving I don’t understand why it seemed he had very much distanced himself from business operations. Why didn’t he notice DMs toys all over the hanger? IIRC he took JS there the prior weekend.

It must’ve been quite toxic company dynamics - a company employee attempting to manage a part owner, a son, on behalf of the other part owner, the father.
Do you mean JC, as opposed to JS?
I can't imagine how difficult this situation would have been for Barnes. Poor guy. I wonder how much autonomy WM gave to him (JB). I don't feel like we know enough about the whole MRO op to know that WM was distancing himself, that doesn't make sense to me. It makes me uncomfortable to talk about the financials and viability of the MRO, since it didn't have a chance to get off the ground.
How did it all work, at the time before WM's death... when there were all these employees.. but yet there was also SS.. SS was DM's own employee, just to serve DM, wasn't he? I recall mention from TB trial as to how he ended up getting hired (by DM).. but I think I also recall SS saying he took instruction (or whatever you want to call it) from WM (when he was alive)? SS was like the only one he didn't fire after WM's death, wasn't he? And then SS went on to spend $15K/month just on the company credit card for stuff for DM's vehicles? But yet there was supposedly no inheritance, right RP??
One thing is for sure and that is the toxic work environment that HAD to have existed.

He was seeing a lot of women all the time even when some thought he was in a relationship with him.
That is why it is odd that CN was so upset that he was still seeing Laura, he was not just screwing around with her but another real estate woman.
And g-d only knows how many others as well.

The business model for an MRO like Wayne was trying to set up is not dependant on traffic levels of the airport it is based at. They were going after contracts for heavy maintenance checks which is literally a worldwide market. Air Canada has contracted out that sort of work to South America and even China at times. Wayne was looking to set up something along the lines of Premier Aviation which until recently had hangers in Windsor ON and Trois Rivieres QC

Thanks for this. The other business model that seemed to be trying to be pushed (by DM perhaps and that other fellow who testified at the TB trial) - the one where planes would come in to get re-fuelled or whatever.. that type of operation seems like it would be way more dependent upon the growth of that particular airport, wouldn't it?

On the grand scheme of things, it's better if he is found not guilty. He is already locked up for good, and it's pretty clear that he dispatched Wayne. But it would suck if they took away the inheritance money away and Bosmas/Babcocks got nothing out of him.
On the other hand.. this money that people are suing DM for - it is NOT his money, IF he killed his father. DM has/had his own money. There are so many people that lose their loved ones to tragic, horrific circumstances, but most do not receive millions in compensation. This happened to be a highly publicized case with high level public interest, but there are so many others. I believe that TB's family was taken care of by fundraisers and community, family, etc. Meanwhile many families who have lost the breadwinners in their families, might end up with nothing at all except grief.
Fair is fair, so if DM is entitled to WM's estate, good luck to the B family with their lawsuit. If he is not entitled because he killed the man, it is best that it not even be considered as 'his' to be sued for. Just my one cent.

Do you mean JC, as opposed to JS?
I can't imagine how difficult this situation would have been for Barnes. Poor guy. I wonder how much autonomy WM gave to him (JB). I don't feel like we know enough about the whole MRO op to know that WM was distancing himself, that doesn't make sense to me. It makes me uncomfortable to talk about the financials and viability of the MRO, since it didn't have a chance to get off the ground.
How did it all work, at the time before WM's death... when there were all these employees.. but yet there was also SS.. SS was DM's own employee, just to serve DM, wasn't he? I recall mention from TB trial as to how he ended up getting hired (by DM).. but I think I also recall SS saying he took instruction (or whatever you want to call it) from WM (when he was alive)? SS was like the only one he didn't fire after WM's death, wasn't he? And then SS went on to spend $15K/month just on the company credit card for stuff for DM's vehicles? But yet there was supposedly no inheritance, right RP??
One thing is for sure and that is the toxic work environment that HAD to have existed.

Yes, my mistake, JC.

Good points, IIRC 13 mechanics, 5 managers and no contracts, aside from DMs toy box antics, in a 55,000 sq ft hanger.....

Do you know, would it have been dependent on the runway expansion?

Airport will have to get busier before expansion

IMO, It would've been pretty hurtful to DM if WM sided with Barnes on this matter, rather than siding with his son.
I would 'like' your post, except that I think that 'hurtful' is the wrong word. DM was the spoiled rotten rich kid who was used to getting his way, likely *all* the time. This time may have been different because it was about business and not about favoritism or whatever. I'll bet it just infuriated DM that his dad was NOT taking immediate action to do as DM wanted and fire the fellow that was infringing in his life. If this whole thing didn't seem like it was pre-planned (which it does seem to be, considering evidence), I would be wondering if it was 2nd degree murder in that I would be envisioning DM arriving home, checking his dad's email (because sounds like WM wasn't very computer savvy), seeing the email from Barnes, and just losing it. jmo.

Edit to add 'NOT' massive error.

Last edited:
Yes, my mistake, JC.

Good points, IIRC 13 mechanics, 5 managers and no contracts, aside from DMs toy box antics, in a 55,000 sq ft hanger.....
Yes I totally get it about how fast and how huge and how hurtful all of that money flying out the door would have been, but the thing is - all of that was expected, and would have been budgetted for.. it wasn't like it was a surprise or a shock (although it was in DM's mind because it is my belief that he was only capable of seeing small potatoes and here-and-now, and wasn't able to grasp the big picture). This business was JUST to get started. It was only DM himself that was causing more hurt, and more time wasted. All he had to do was to do what he was TOLD by the consultants, who it seems were kind of in charge, and clean up his act - if DM wanted to prove a point, all he had to do was DO it and THEN see what happened, like.. maybe give it another month or three. He just never ever thought or wanted this thing to actually 'fly'. And when it seemed like it was going to, he took care of it by other means.

All of that money flying out the door in anticipation and preparation of the new business would have been budgetted for. New businesses don't expect income to offset their startup costs the minute they're open - it had been less than a month, and still the hangar wasn't even ready to entertain investors or clients. I have every confidence that had DM not been in the picture, this business would have been fine. But that is only my thoughts.

PS.... just on a reality scale... to me anyway... if you're actually inside an empty space of that size, 55000 sq.ft. isn't *that* huge. jmo. Try to envision it.. about 235' x 235'. Around here, it used to be that an average sized house lot would have been 50'x100', so imagine 2 house lot depths x 2 house lot depths.. I'm not downplaying the enormity of the cash required to start this business or build the hangar, but I'm just saying I don't believe it was a pie in the sky, unattainable, unrealistic dream as a viable business operation. Again, just my opinion... two cents for this one :)

Thanks for this. The other business model that seemed to be trying to be pushed (by DM perhaps and that other fellow who testified at the TB trial) - the one where planes would come in to get re-fuelled or whatever.. that type of operation seems like it would be way more dependent upon the growth of that particular airport, wouldn't it?

That’s correct deugirtni. The FBO (Fixed Based Operation) Business model is entirely dependant on the level of airport traffic. That model would be along the lines of Sky Service at Pearson

Link: Skyservice Toronto Airport FBO » Fixed Base Operations

I personally think that the FBO business model in Waterloo with a giant 10 million dollar hangar was a stretch without substantial airport expansion

Last edited:
Last edited:

And he had asked for his work clothes to be laid out by the housekeeper to go in to the hangar the next day. I wonder what Wayne was planning to do there with his heavy clothes on? Perhaps he threatened to move DM’s junk on his own to get it cleaned up. It seems that DM got used to his father not being in charge while he was laid up with his back, and Dellen was just not going to give up control once he got it. Another thing too, if Janice Campbell heard Dellen come home that night, then surely Wayne knew he was there too. It’s not like they just had an argument and Dellen snapped since this was a planned cover-up. So many questions that never got answered.

Yes, my mistake, JC.

It’s remarkable that even with all those legitimate employees in the facility, still DM was able to carry on with all those hoodlums hanging around and the stolen property housed there.

However, my thoughts are just that TB likely had life insurance <modsnip>
Do you think that DM for one minute thinks about the welfare of the little girl? He is incapable of it.
There has never been in all the years of the trials not one tiny shred of any remorse to those who he brought horror to. IT is why he has to stay in prison until he dies.
Paul Bernardo also has never expressed any remorse about killing the two young girls.
MS also has shown no remorse, he has only felt sorry for himself.
The mother of DM also has to my knowledge ever expressed any sympathy to the victims of her son. You would think she would have said something like the uncle openly showed support by going over to hug Laura s mother.
It proves to me that she raised DM to be a coldly calculating, incapable of caring about anyone because she has been no different.
Unless I am wrong I have never read anything where she expressed any sympathy for the victims and families.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharlene is left to support her child as a single parent with one income. She may have the house and got other money from fundraisers but Tim s daughter was very small and unless she remarries she will be left to support and raise the daughter alone.
Tim had a good job so that is a huge financial loss.
It makes you feel sick when you think the ******* DM had so much money left to him by grandfather and then father wanted to make sure he was looked after, yet DM did not care that a little girl would be left without her father. It makes me sick.

Sharlene Bosma recently sold the house.

On the other hand.. this money that people are suing DM for - it is NOT his money, IF he killed his father. DM has/had his own money. There are so many people that lose their loved ones to tragic, horrific circumstances, but most do not receive millions in compensation. This happened to be a highly publicized case with high level public interest, but there are so many others. I believe that TB's family was taken care of by fundraisers and community, family, etc. Meanwhile many families who have lost the breadwinners in their families, might end up with nothing at all except grief.
Fair is fair, so if DM is entitled to WM's estate, good luck to the B family with their lawsuit. If he is not entitled because he killed the man, it is best that it not even be considered as 'his' to be sued for. Just my one cent.

May be many others didn't receive anything. Doesn't mean that Bosma's daughter shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz