HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think Heather would be ruled in/out pretty quickly...they have access to her dental records and DNA, surely, IMO.

You would think?

It's already been 48 hours.

I'm sure LE in FL wants to know just the same.

Tick, tock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about the length of time we're talking here, the large cash withdrawal(s)afterwards...No one was counting on the call to the roommate factor IF it was premeditated, or if not premeditated at least hoping she had not spoken with anyone between pay phone call and PTL to let them know she had been in contact with SM. Maybe if it wasn't planned, things unfolded, hence the large cash withdrawal with an initial knee-jerk reaction intent to leave the area, but hesitancy KNOWING, even if they thought they covered their tracks THAT night, sooner rather than later LE WOULD come knocking simply due to the past relationship; they needed to be around at least for the first knock, right? And maybe they thought, stupidly so, one knock and Tammy & Sid's 'charm' was all it would take to send LE along their merry way. But oh, how wrong they were.....So maybe, and I'm eluding to things gently here, they had to put disposal 'on ice' for a while, just a couple weeks to get their heads together and not look like they were GTHOD, but meanwhile 'hey, there IS still the problem in the freezer we need to deal with, Sid.'

I wonder if all storage facilities where someone could store a chest freezer w/ electricity were checked, and again, gently as I may, all power tools accounted for and thoroughly analyzed, etc. Reason tells me they would not have kept any devices used on her though.

I, too, can see them holding off on final disposal of the body. What puts holes in my theory is the fact that LE was watching them. Buying supplies or doing anything out of the ordinary would have been a red flag for LE. :moo:

I could certainly be wrong but... considering it was reported that vegetation was already growing through the deteriorating trash bag, it seems to me it's been there far too long for it to be HE. She's only been gone 3 months and that doesn't seem long enough, especially given the season, for the vegetation growth and plastic breakdown.

Not to mention, LE has said that they've been watching the M's closely all along. I believe whatever they did with HE they did it quickly, likely the very same night she went missing - before anyone even knew she WAS missing. Which means, she's still right there in the local area somewhere.

Whoever it is in the bag, my heart aches for the family but at least they'll have closure in some sense. :(

I thought about the length of time we're talking here, the large cash withdrawal(s)afterwards...No one was counting on the call to the roommate factor IF it was premeditated, or if not premeditated at least hoping she had not spoken with anyone between pay phone call and PTL to let them know she had been in contact with SM. Maybe if it wasn't planned, things unfolded, hence the large cash withdrawal with an initial knee-jerk reaction intent to leave the area, but hesitancy KNOWING, even if they thought they covered their tracks THAT night, sooner rather than later LE WOULD come knocking simply due to the past relationship; they needed to be around at least for the first knock, right? And maybe they thought, stupidly so, one knock and Tammy & Sid's 'charm' was all it would take to send LE along their merry way. But oh, how wrong they were.....So maybe, and I'm eluding to things gently here, they had to put disposal 'on ice' for a while, just a couple weeks to get their heads together and not look like they were GTHOD, but meanwhile 'hey, there IS still the problem in the freezer we need to deal with, Sid.'

I wonder if all storage facilities where someone could store a chest freezer w/ electricity were checked, and again, gently as I may, all power tools accounted for and thoroughly analyzed, etc. Reason tells me they would not have kept any devices used on her though.

BBMLike maybe the freezer room at the TK or any other facility that SM may have worked for at Broadway at the Beach or around Atlantic Avenue in Conway???

I, too, can see them holding off on final disposal of the body. What puts holes in my theory is the fact that LE was watching them. Buying supplies or doing anything out of the ordinary would have been a red flag for LE. :moo:
True, but remember on the 18th they had cash (allows no receipt/paper trail purchases) and ALL DAY 18th AND, IIRC, 19th to maneuver about, as it's my understanding TE didn't retrieve the car and/or officially file MPR until very late on the 19th, maybe 10pm'ish - I know someone can correct me on this. Im sure someone knows for certain but I feel it was the 20th before the M's were ever first contacted. Of course, THEY may not have known when the knock would come, UNLESS they were scoping PTL on drive-bys and morning of 20th may see the car is gone - that might have sent the message for buttercup to buckle up.

True, but remember on the 18th they had cash (allows no receipt/paper trail purchases) and ALL DAY 18th AND, IIRC, 19th to maneuver about, as it's my understanding TE didn't retrieve the car and/or officially file MPR until very late on the 19th, maybe 10pm'ish - I know someone can correct me on this. Im sure someone knows for certain but I feel it was the 20th before the M's were ever first contacted. Of course, THEY may not have known when the knock would come, UNLESS they were scoping PTL on drive-bys and morning of 20th may see the car is gone - that might have sent the message for buttercup to buckle up.

It was the evening of the 19th when car was investigated and picked up, Thursday. So the word that she was missing was likely not out until Friday.

BBMLike maybe the freezer room at the TK or any other facility that SM may have worked for at Broadway at the Beach or around Atlantic Avenue in Conway???

No, I know SM isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but I don't think he'd be that risky. I'm thinking of just the month to month self-storage facilities, coded 24-hour access, many provide electrical, way to plug in freezer etc. With the large cash withdrawal they could have bought freezer, rented storage under another ID, etc. with no paper trail using cash. There's SO many of those places down there, it'd be hard to cover, but you'd think with media spotlight someone would say if they rented a unit - unless they had someone less high-profile but willing to help do it for them. :moo:

Does anyone think it's realistic that the M's kept a body (which btw would have been decomposing) for 3+ weeks and then take this (decomposing) body on their trip down to FL for SM's half-marathon run?

Dec 18 - Dec 31 = 13 days
Jan 1 - Jan 10 = 10 days

23 days (approximately) until the M's went to FL from the time HE was murdered.

that's why, unless they have a deep freezer, I don't see it happening.... but.... it's not completely out of the question, IMO....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You would think?

It's already been 48 hours.

I'm sure LE in FL wants to know just the same.

Tick, tock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tick tock is right....as I said earlier, dental records quickly rule OUT. FL has had time to get those dental records, even if someone DROVE THEM there.

Interestingly quiet, it is, I'm just saying'. :truce:

It was the evening of the 19th when car was investigated and picked up, Thursday. So the word that she was missing was likely not out until Friday.
So indeed they had all day 18th and 19th to do 'whatever', and I'd be willing to bet, even if not pulled back directly INTO the boat landing, someone went to that left fork/mobile homes and could see through those winter trees that car was still there at least every few hours, gauging their time.

So indeed they had all day 18th and 19th to do 'whatever', and I'd be willing to bet, even if not pulled back directly INTO the boat landing, someone went to that left fork/mobile homes and could see through those winter trees that car was still there at least every few hours, gauging their time.
Remember TM's dad's People Search indicated a previous address of 8796 Peachtree Rd, which is one of the mobile homes that backs up to the landing. Do knot know if TM also ever lived there, but it would be interesting.

When did LE begin watching them? I wonder if they followed them
Everywhere.

There are a lot of things that point against it being Heather, like the vegetation. But I was curious whether it would be possible for somebody to have driven that far to dump a garbage bag and be back before anybody noticed. The answer appears to be yes. Googlemaps estimates about 7 to 7.5 hours from Myrtle Beach area to Deland FL. https://goo.gl/maps/IA3Mo

So that's about 14-15 hours round trip, not counting stops. Somebody leaving the MB area at approximately 6am on the 19th could have been home not long after midnight if they took minimal breaks. The person could stop for meals and a nap and still be back before daylight on the 20th.

Not saying it happened that way, but there is time.

The M's didn't necessarily have to be the ones that disposed of the body, maybe they had help or paid someone to do it. Just my opinioin.

This waiting to hear something is making me crazy. I just need to at least hear shes been ruled out even if they cant confirm identity yet. (Does that make sense? I just need to know. I cant think about anything else.)

Then I got to thinking, does Volusia County have a forensic anthropologist on board or do they have to get one from another county? So in a quick search, it looks likes they do not and skeletal remains get looked at by the University of Florida anthropology department. I also found a job listing for an assistant Medical Examiner for Volusia county which leads me to believe, that like many other municipalities, they are backlogged.

I know that every case deserves it's own time to be examined, and every case is just as important, but I really hope that they fast track this to get an ID. It just seems like there are a lot of missing person cases that this could be linked to and if it's not Heather, it's someone else's loved one and they need to bring that person home, too.

Praying for a good M.E.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

This waiting to hear something is making me crazy. I just need to at least hear shes been ruled out even if they cant confirm identity yet. (Does that make sense? I just need to know. I cant think about anything else.)

Then I got to thinking, does Volusia County have a forensic anthropologist on board or do they have to get one from another county? So in a quick search, it looks likes they do not and skeletal remains get looked at by the University of Florida anthropology department. I also found a job listing for an assistant Medical Examiner for Volusia county which leads me to believe, that like many other municipalities, they are backlogged.

I know that every case deserves it's own time to be examined, and every case is just as important, but I really hope that they fast track this to get an ID. It just seems like there are a lot of missing person cases that this could be linked to and if it's not Heather, it's someone else's loved one and they need to bring that person home, too.

Praying for a good M.E.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

This might help: http://www.volusia.org/services/public-protection/medical-examiner/

Also: page 5, #18:
http://www.volusia.org/core/fileparse.php/4257/urlt/Medical-Examiner.pdf

I think it is very possible, however, it could be the little girl from the Luis Toledo case if it was indeed a "little girl".

I'm a little far behind here, but could the $5000 withdrawal have been used to pay for a place to store a body?

I live in SC but not near Myrtle and have been somewhat keeping up with this case. Brittanee Drexel was 17 5 foot tall and 100 lbs. If the remains are completely skeletonized with vegetation growing through them is it possible they could have lain there for 5 years. If they called Horry co in could they have thought of Brittanee? I am kid of late coming in on all this but has a connection been completely ruled out between both girls disappearances considering they favor very much? Does anyone know if the M's were living in MB in 2009? Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member