HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't the gag order only cover Heather's case? If so wouldn't the identity of the remains be safely announced as long as it's not HE??

Yes, and it wasn't clear to me whether the order was connected to the remains or had been issued before that. It's not uncommon in cases where there's a lot of public interest.

Mapquest blue line from MBeach SC to Lake Buena Vista FL where the race was being held
http://s89.photobucket.com/user/sus...shot_2014-03-22-20-58-38_zpsab6ecb93.png.html

Outskirts of the city of DeLand, International Speedway Boulevard, blue line is still Mapquest directions

http://s89.photobucket.com/user/sus...3-22-20-59-31_zps8024508e.png.html?sort=3&o=1

The purple dot is where Oak St. Intersects with International Speedway Blvd. (Where remains were found)The blue line is mapquest's directions from Myrtle Beach SC to Lake Buena Vista FL

http://s89.photobucket.com/user/sus...3-22-20-59-31_zps8024508e.png.html?sort=3&o=1

The M's didn't necessarily have to be the ones that disposed of the body, maybe they had help or paid someone to do it. Just my opinioin.

That's what I was thinking!! There's more than just TM and SM living on or near that compound!!! Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious about that, too. IMO, the only thing for sure, it wasn't before midnight or so on the 19th.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hey Floridamomma, how are you feeling? I hope you're taking good care of yourself!

Mapquest blue line from MBeach SC to Lake Buena Vista FL where the race was being held
http://s89.photobucket.com/user/sus...shot_2014-03-22-20-58-38_zpsab6ecb93.png.html

Outskirts of the city of DeLand, International Speedway Boulevard, blue line is still Mapquest directions

The purple dot is where Oak St. Intersects with International Speedway Blvd. (Where remains were found)The blue line is mapquest's directions from Myrtle Beach SC to Lake Buena Vista FL

Dang that gave me a stomach ache. What are the chances?

It's been colder than usual in that area this winter.........so how long would a deceased take to be a skeleton unless a chemical was used?
My mind goes back to little Caylee Anthony always............

Passionflower...that is exactly what i was thinking. Could they have purchased some kind of chemical (acid) before (or after) they killed Heather? SM had a maintenance co. So he can easily purchase caustic substances. But is there a chemical that will leave bones in tact?

That sounds awful. I apologize. There is no nice way to say that.

MOO

The weather as of late has been unusually cold. The whole state was snowed in for a week a few weeks ago so that would have slowed decomp. I just do not feel like it is Heather. I feel like she is going to be found closer to home. I think this bod has been there at least 6 months. But again I can not help but wonder if this story was so quickly linked to Horry co if it could be Brittanee. She was a couple of years younger and slightly smaller than Heather.

Also...unless there WERE some girlish clothing/items in the bag...it seems very unusual for the sex to be mentioned so quickly. We almost never hear that...at most "adult remains" i.e sex/race/age unknown...very curious how a deputy would recognize female remains on sight.

I found another article that seems to be a bit more detailed:

Brandon Haught, assistant public information officer for the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, said Friday it’s very early in the investigation and authorities have not determined whether the body belongs to a man or woman or how long it had been there.
Horry County Coroner Robert Edge said a body left on the side of the road in a garbage bag in Florida could decay rapidly depending on weather and may take time to identify. He said body tissue in an uncontrolled environment can decompose in a week to 10 days. Additionally, he said a garbage bag likely wouldn’t protect a body from wildlife.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/21/3339865/horry-county-police-contact-florida.html#storylink=cpy

Brandon Haught, assistant public information officer for the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, said Friday it’s very early in the investigation and authorities have not determined whether the body belongs to a man or woman or how long it had been there.
Horry County Coroner Robert Edge said a body left on the side of the road in a garbage bag in Florida could decay rapidly depending on weather and may take time to identify. He said body tissue in an uncontrolled environment can decompose in a week to 10 days. Additionally, he said a garbage bag likely wouldn’t protect a body from wildlife.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/21/3339865/horry-county-police-contact-florida.html#storylink=cpy

Wonder if they are backing away from "young girl"? Was that only based on one person's opinion? But if they do not know the sex, why would Horry County be on alert? Are they looking into any remains found in the Southeast?

We can always expect another media report. I appreciate more info!

Wonder if they are backing away from "young girl"? Was that only based on one person's opinion? But if they do not know the sex, why would Horry County be on alert? Are they looking into any remains found in the Southeast?

Well, since this is the official spokesperson, versus a deputy on the scene who may or may not have known what s/he was talking about, I think I'd take both statements with more than a grain of salt. The spokesperson isn't going to say anything and the deputy was either guessing or spoke out of turn.

It does sound like Horry County is at least considering the possibility she's not in the area.

I notice that the Volusia spokesperson mentions man or woman, but not child. I think that's probably a clue.

Also...unless there WERE some girlish clothing/items in the bag...it seems very unusual for the sex to be mentioned so quickly. We almost never hear that...at most "adult remains" i.e sex/race/age unknown...very curious how a deputy would recognize female remains on sight.

Yep, it made me question the sex being noted so early by the sheriff.

It's been colder than usual in that area this winter.........so how long would a deceased take to be a skeleton unless a chemical was used?
My mind goes back to little Caylee Anthony always............

Caylee was reported missing on July 15, 2008 iirc and her remains were found Dec 11, 2008 iirc. 5 months later.

Yessenia Suarez and her children went missing on Oct 22-23, 2013 and these unidentified remains were found March 20, 2014. 5 months later.

If--if these remains are Yessenia or one of her children, there might be a little variance in decomp due to weather conditions but there might still be a good bit of forensic evidence. More if the remains are Heather's. JMO

I wonder if Horry County has phone pings that place any of the M's in the Deland area. Maybe that's why Horry County reached out to VSCO. I dunno. The remains could be anyone's--we have so many missing here and LE finds so many remains in FL. :(. But, Luis Toledo was familiar with Deland and when TES was here searching for the Suarez family, LE suggested searching in East Deland. And these remains were found in East Deland. Hmmmm. I have links over in the Yessenia Suarez thread, iirc page 15.

All JMO

I live about 30 minutes SE of Disney (and one county over), and when we went to visit family in NC, we stopped in deland to see some friends because it was "on the way", makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I think it is very possible, however, it could be the little girl from the Luis Toledo case if it was indeed a "little girl".

He actually said "young girl." I'm not sure whether that's the same as "little girl." It could be, or it could mean someone slightly older, even a teenager. Or it could be a mistake.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/cops-human-remains-found-in-deland/25073396?hpt=ju_bn1

Although investigators are not saying anything about who the remains may be, Jarvis said a deputy told him it appeared to be a young girl.

BBM

He actually said "young female, possibly young child".

Listen to video at :37!

I hope it's Heather. The reason I have doubts is because they said the bag had made an impression into the earth and weeds had started growing through the bag. The gentleman that found it also said the skull rolled away a bit and I'm thinking that's too far into decomp. I think that makes it at least 6mths perhaps even to 9mths of being there. Jmo.

I hope it's Heather. The reason I have doubts is because they said the bag had made an impression into the earth and weeds had started growing through the bag. The gentleman that found it also said the skull rolled away a bit and I'm thinking that's too far into decomp. I think that makes it at least 6mths perhaps even to 9mths of being there. Jmo.

Could be. Little Caylee's remains were there for 5 months and the condition of her remains were about the same as these. Plus take into account differing weather conditions for the time these unidentified remains could have been there. I wish they'd hurry up on identifying these!

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not....International
Speedway Blvd (US 92) is not the direct route to Disney. That would be Interstate 4.
IMO this would be a local missing person...of which we have had dozens over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa