TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know how the suspect really believed she could pass of the murder of her friend and kidnap her best friends child with officials not being concerned about a live birth record? What exactly was she going to do for school records or a doctors visit for this child she wanted from her best friend?

MF are apt initials for this case.

Good questions.

Are these baby abductions ever successful in the long run in recent times?

According to the owner's mother she was just a tenant in the house. It is in the DM article: Heidi Broussard's cause of death was ligature strangulation, death ruled a homicide | Daily Mail Online

Yes, I am aware of that. I see very conflicting information on the status of that relationship and the mother’s comments seems strange.

There has been speculation that this house is too expensive for the home owner, and I was simply pointing out that we cannot know that without knowing the details of their mortgage and the rest of their financial picture. There is no way to calculate a true monthly payment without specifics on the loan, and I at least know nothing about their income and assets.

I hope so too! And I agree - the part of the interview that is super relevant is the moment she's making the connections to whose house that is, and how shocking that all those connections were made in real time as the police action was unfolding. Imagine that happening - when you know it's someone you've known for a long time. And having your reaction to it captured forever. Terrible. This story is breaking a lot of people's hearts in a lot of different ways.

BBM - I agree, this is probably the only relevant part of the podcast. I wish there was a way they could just cut out all the other stuff, for many reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some friends that may also be feeling guilty about some of the things they have said and some of the things they have *thought* the past week. Those children, and Shane, are going to need all the support they can get from family and friends and I hope that they are able to do that in light of the things said because it really does seem like Heidi and her children are loved and they are going to need to continue to have these friends in their lives. It takes a village to raise a child. JMO

Yes, I am aware of that. I see very conflicting information on the status of that relationship and the mother’s comments seems strange.

There has been speculation that this house is too expensive for the home owner, and I was simply pointing out that we cannot know that without knowing the details of their mortgage and the rest of their financial picture. There is no way to calculate a true monthly payment without specifics on the loan, and I at least know nothing about their income and assets.

True. And as a person who lives in Austin that ginormous house would be 2 million here, not what it's appraised at currently :)

BBM - I agree, this is probably the only relevant part of the podcast. I wish there was a way they could just cut out all the other stuff, for many reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some friends that may also be feeling guilty about some of the things they have said and some of the things they have *thought* the past week. Those children, and Shane, are going to need all the support they can get from family and friends and I hope that they are able to do that in light of the things said because it really does seem like Heidi and her children are loved and they are going to need to continue to have these friends in their lives. It takes a village to raise a child. JMO

Can you tell me what time this starts on the video? Thanks.

Part of this is the instant social media culture. People are used to oversharing in extremely raw moments, just like we used to do with real humans when we weren't being documented every second of our lives. Every one of these friends, family members and outward are victims, honestly.

What could MF have possibly said to HB to lure her out to her vehicle and to get inside and drive away with her, without apparently locking her door, without her purse, without her keys, without her baby's diaper bag?

I can imagine a scenario like this.........

--MF visits with HB and then they leave the apartment, with HB planning to go to the grocery store and MF (supposedly) planning to head home to her baby and boyfriend.

--MF says she's gonna use the bathroom and she'll bring down the car seat/carrier and baby bag for HB in a minute. HB leaves the apartment and MF exits the apartment a minute later (empty handed), leaving the door open - maybe trying to set up a stranger abduction scenario.

--MF 's vehicle is parked next to HB's (or MF pulls up) and she tells HB that she forgot she wanted to show HB Luna Mae's new car seat and has a question about it, then she'll run back upstairs and grab Margo's seat and the baby bag which she forgot. (HB's not suspicious of her supposed friend at this point.)

--HB has placed the the shopping list and her purse down in her car when she jumps in the back of MF's vehicle with Margo to demonstrate the car seat. Now, HB and Margo are right where MF wants them. MF has planned ahead -- she subdues or incapacitates HB and turns off HB's phone, then drives off.

Some such scenario is possible, in my mind.

Of course, it's also possible that HB was drugged or forced into MF's vehicle, as others have speculated. I imagine toxicology tests are being conducted as part of the full ME report (but I believe those results take some time?). And, we don't know yet if HB had injuries aside from those caused by the fatal ligature strangulation.

Do we know if the video came from apt management? Or could it have been from a resident, a dash cam, etc? Which may have caused a delay in getting it to police? LE had been adamant that Heidi was last seen with the baby at the school...I don’t think they would have been saying that if they knew all along how she vanished.

But on the other hand, we were wondering why they did not take the car away for testing...

I can imagine a scenario like this.........

--MF visits with HB and then they leave the apartment, with HB planning to go to the grocery store and MF (supposedly) planning to head home to her baby and boyfriend.

I was trying to figure out an explanation for why the mother of a two week old would be 2.5 hours away from her baby for that long - that seems like something the other mother of a two week old would find odd too, I'd think. I wonder if instead she said the baby was wherever she said they were going, locally? With a friend they both knew maybe? Just trying to think of how that's plausible to another new mom.

Do we know if the video came from apt management? Or could it have been from a resident, a dash cam, etc? Which may have caused a delay in getting it to police? LE had been adamant that Heidi was last seen with the baby at the school...I don’t think they would have been saying that if they knew all along how she vanished.

But on the other hand, we were wondering why they did not take the car away for testing...

All I've ever seen are statements like the one in this article: "video at Broussard's Austin apartment."

I was trying to figure out an explanation for why the mother of a two week old would be 2.5 hours away from her baby for that long - that seems like something the other mother of a two week old would find odd too, I'd think. I wonder if instead she said the baby was wherever she said they were going, locally? With a friend they both knew maybe? Just trying to think of how that's plausible to another new mom.

yeah, I wondered the same.

I also wonder if MF entertained getting Margo out of the hospital after she was born, but could not find a way to do so. With the miles between Austin & Houston, I would have found it most peculiar a friend wanted to attend my dr. Appointments with me. Especially since she would not want me attending hers, as she was not pregnant.

I see your point.

It seems like MF is a skilled con and manipulator and HB was a trusting and unsuspicious friend though.

If MF claimed that CG was home with Luna Mae because the baby had a little cold, or something like that, I don't think HB would have cause to be suspicious. After all, HB and others didn't apparently suspect that MF was faking a pregnancy for up to 9 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member