GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, depending on how long he had had the truck. He had already taken that loan from his employer on it. As spec we have discussed previously, one response to being seen might be concocting the story of his stuck truck and getting her help, although we don't know if that story would jibe with where he was supposedly seen. Really he should have never admitted to being the last known to see her alive.
I am keeping in mind Run's theory that SC wanted people to know he had killed her. But if so, why not cop to it and be done with it? If he wanted her murder to be known and did not want to get convicted, then again he should never have said they were together that night.

I think so too. I don't think he wanted people to think he commited the crime which is why he went pig hunter style. He wanted to cast suspicion on the infamous Maui Serial Killer that zigzagged his way back to Haiku from Hana. In reply on a Facebook post he said something like, "I wouldn't do something like that, ask my friends I'm not violent." Like what SC? Do what? At the time the media was reporting that Charli's jawbone was found, no mention of it being defleshed yet.

Note about the Hana sighting and his story-- please correct any error of mine: If he told his bogus story first on Monday morning to the sisters, then he would not yet have known about being seen in Hana. So, it would be reasonable to assume, I think, that his story was concocted beforehand, and not later, after hearing that he had been seen.

Websleuths has a Media Links and Timeline thread for every case; no discussion alloed on that thread.. You might find it helpful. Unfortunately, I don't think we've done a good job of updating it.

The trucks business: lol oh no, here we go again! :facepalm:

Charli's primary car, the SUV 4runner was left at Jaws and burned. We all know this.

Charli's parts 4runner - a salvage car used for parts was left upcountry with friends. It was towed to her family's place after she went missing and then STOLEN. At least that's what I followed on FB.

SC's 4runner, supposedly stuck overnight from Saturday Feb 8 to Sunday Feb 9th in Keanae. It was reported by the media that he was caught on camera driving this truck around Paia, Sunday Feb 9th in the afternoon before Charli went missing.

SC's new truck, a Ford something is not mentioned in the media. This is strictly insider info. He wanted the advance for this truck to get new mud tires.

Unidentified truck driven by SC in Hana is supposedly rumor. This was gossiped right after Charli went missing when emotions were high and as far as is known has not been substantiated.

Agree, depending on how long he had had the truck. He had already taken that loan from his employer on it. As spec we have discussed previously, one response to being seen might be concocting the story of his stuck truck and getting her help, although we don't know if that story would jibe with where he was supposedly seen. Really he should have never admitted to being the last known to see her alive.
I am keeping in mind Run's theory that SC wanted people to know he had killed her. But if so, why not cop to it and be done with it? If he wanted her murder to be known and did not want to get convicted, then again he should never have said they were together that night.

Note about the Hana sighting and his story-- please correct any error of mine: If he told his bogus story first on Monday morning to the sisters, then he would not yet have known about being seen in Hana. So, it would be reasonable to assume, I think, that his story was concocted beforehand, and not later, after hearing that he had been seen.[/QUOTE]SC did not tell his story until Tursday morning, to the MPD who showed up where he lived. Then went to work and a sister came by and he told it again. Brooke said in interviews that he told inconsistent versions, 2 or more, including while they were out searching.

SC had 24 hours plus Monday night until he talked to anyone about Charli. I always thought that if being seen out Hana Highway happened and influenced him, he would have been aware at the time like some eye contact, but hearing a mention could work too. Or he could have realized that the phone pinged. Anything that would have made him feel he had to put the trip out there into his story.

It's not important what it was, for now. I just think it was a very incriminating statement, and it was either because he wanted to be busted or at least blamed, or he knew he had been placed there, or he really thought it was a good way to get the serial killer theory going. Except if the latter, he messed it all up by saying Twin Falls area and then not planting any evidence there, instead leading everyone out to Keanae, way too close to Honumanu.

The prosecution needs a theory for what he said and did during that time. They need a narrative that makes sense.

I am keeping in mind Run's theory that SC wanted people to know he had killed her. But if so, why not cop to it and be done with it? If he wanted her murder to be known and did not want to get convicted, then again he should never have said they were together that night.SC did not tell his story until Tursday morning, to the MPD who showed up where he lived. Then went to work and a sister came by and he told it again. Brooke said in interviews that he told inconsistent versions, 2 or more, including while they were out searching.

SC had 24 hours plus Monday night until he talked to anyone about Charli. I always thought that if being seen out Hana Highway happened and influenced him, he would have been aware at the time like some eye contact, but hearing a mention could work too. Or he could have realized that the phone pinged. Anything that would have made him feel he had to put the trip out there into his story.

It's not important what it was, for now. I just think it was a very incriminating statement, and it was either because he wanted to be busted or at least blamed, or he knew he had been placed there, or he really thought it was a good way to get the serial killer theory going. Except if the latter, he messed it all up by saying Twin Falls area and then not planting any evidence there, instead leading everyone out to Keanae, way too close to Honumanu.

The prosecution needs a theory for what he said and did during that time. They need a narrative that makes sense.
_________
Argh! Yes, thank you Pua-- now I remember that SC's mentioning Monday in the interview was proved wrong & it was actually Tuesday. I have all my notes and timelines at home --not here on Maui--so I've been trying to reassemble events and known facts.
...The timeline pages do need a little dusting off, but -- My! This discussion needs it's own key word search engine!

Charli's primary car, the SUV 4runner was left at Jaws and burned. We all know this.

Charli's parts 4runner - a salvage car used for parts was left upcountry with friends. It was towed to her family's place after she went missing and then STOLEN. At least that's what I followed on FB.

SC's 4runner, supposedly stuck overnight from Saturday Feb 8 to Sunday Feb 9th in Keanae. It was reported by the media that he was caught on camera driving this truck around Paia, Sunday Feb 9th in the afternoon before Charli went missing.

SC's new truck, a Ford something is not mentioned in the media. This is strictly insider info. He wanted the advance for this truck to get new mud tires.

Unidentified truck driven by SC in Hana is supposedly rumor. This was gossiped right after Charli went missing when emotions were high and as far as is known has not been substantiated.
thanks for this. I didn't intend to resurrect the truck talk, mentioned it as a side point only, but this is great that you know he was allegedly driving his Forerunner in Paia and not the newly acquired truck. The 4R was the vehicle he said got stuck then? Did it look like Charli's minus the custom grill, or was it different color and age?
thanks a bunch ...
Happy Memorial Day weekend to all.

_________
Argh! Yes, thank you Pua-- now I remember that SC's mentioning Monday in the interview was proved wrong & it was actually Tuesday. I have all my notes and timelines at home --not here on Maui--so I've been trying to reassemble events and known facts.
...The timeline pages do need a little dusting off, but -- My! This discussion needs it's own key word search engine!
it is indeed hard to keep it all straight with errors from the press and SC telling HNN he got woke up Monday morning before work. No one in her family even knew she was missing early Monday, and the police report was filed late Monday evening, so that's one way to remember.
I believe he worked Monday and we have heard nothing placing him anywhere on Monday afternoon and evening. At some point that should be addressed at the trial, but for now, Monday after work was a prime time for him to do clean up or other things.

I agree that most likely he did have the story concocted in advance and then improvised as the actual details varied.
We have heard from her sister that she was scared when he drove her out towards Hana in January, so maybe he really did ask her to help him. Maybe he wasn't up to ambushing her near his house or hers, and he needed at least partial cooperation from her. Maybe she felt safe enough being in her car and with Nala. Maybe he drove, because she was tired. Maybe he told her the truck was stuck down the dirt road and not on the highway when they got out there.

"We have heard from her sister that she was scared when he drove her out towards Hana in January, so maybe he really did ask her to help him. Maybe he wasn't up to ambushing her near his house or hers, and he needed at least partial cooperation from her. Maybe she felt safe enough being in her car and with Nala. Maybe he drove, because she was tired. Maybe he told her the truck was stuck down the dirt road and not on the highway when they got out there."

So sad.

Yes, my memory is the same. The loan had been discussed a lot here before I joined WS. There was no MSM source, but I seem to recall that Peter Tosh/CJ knew about it from local sources. It was a loan to be invested in the truck (tires), and the truck he was paying off but taking possession in advance.
My comment wasn't relating to the financial arrangement at all; I was only thinking that the truck wasn't absolutely new to him driving it. In a small area like Maui, where guys know each other, they're quick to take note of another guy driving a different rig. Their wheels, at that age, are part of their identity, from my observations of my sons who came of age in similar small community.

Suffice it to say the horses mouth...

So where are we at with the hearings this week? Jury selection has happened, right?

So isolated as Paraquat's may seem it is not to local fishermen and the Boyz who want to cruz drink and smoke. So for somebody to have seen SC in Hana even late at night is certainly not far fetched, assuming he was indeed out there. Who on the witness list is from that area?

I saw him still driving his beat up old 4runner in Paia. He would park it on Hana Hwy while he worked at Mana. I could not stomach his audacity.

Always good to have you back Petertosh.
Hope you're holding out ok. We're still here and with ya.

Just found out my friend was a prospective juror. He knows one of the witnesses so he is out. Its not gonna be easy. Its a small island. We all know each other. I know a few of the posters here.

Maybe she was dead or incapacitated before he drove her out there. Maybe he left Nala at his house and he went back for her later (two trip theory).

Maybe they'll find some jurors in Lahaina, Ka'anapali, Kihei, or Wailea who don't know any of the witnesses. And good to have you back, Peter Tosh!

Thank you LOIO!
... And not to be a pain, everybody, but, on Monday, he was said to have uncharacteristically cleaned his 4-runner, and not the new truck? Or is it not known by us?

I think it's relevant witness says she watched him burn a vehicle in the same area previously. It's like practice. Who owned it? Was it SCs? Or did he already demonstrate he felt confident burning a vehicle doesnt belong to him in that area?
Hope they got something bigger to tie him to arson charge then.

Hey everyone - just catching up and see that the trial is about to start or are they still selecting jurors? Like this coming Tuesday?

TIA! :wave:

I think it's relevant witness says she watched him burn a vehicle in the same area previously. It's like practice. Who owned it? Was it SCs? Or did he already demonstrate he felt confident burning a vehicle doesnt belong to him in that area?
Hope they got something bigger to tie him to arson charge then.
I agree with you, but I think the judge made the proper ruling that he had to make. It happened too long ago and he was a lot younger and more immature. Not that he matured to become better, not at all.

Napili, all I ever saw on the detailing did not give any info on the vehicle, so can't answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda