Hurricane Gustav

Best wishes for all of you in potential danger areas. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Prayers and love going out to the WS'ers in harm's way...PLEASE stay safe!

new to Houston TX and this will be the 3rd in 5 weeks coming our way. Prayers to all in this suckers way.

we're not in a flood zone around Houston so we're staying low. we have 1 - 2 beds if anyone may need them for a couple of days & lotsa food too.

My prayers are for God to protect all of you and yours' in these next few days.:blowkiss:

Anybody know anything about the Alexandria/Marksville area? My family is there..here in Central Ms. it is getting crazy. All hotels are booked solid, and folks are buying everything up. After tomorrow, I am not leaving this house, it's a jungle out there!

My thoughts and prayers are going out to everyone living in the Gulf region. At least it sounds like many are taking heed of the evacuation orders and getting out.

God bless and protect all of you. Please, please get out if told to do so.

You all I am thinking of you and praying that when he hits the coast that he will be all worn out.

I remember Katrina, I stayed up all night talking with the ones who were able to be online until they lost connection. Afterwards we worried until everyone got back online. Please let us know if you are in the path, whether you are staying or leaving and then afterwards check back in and let us know how you are. (Pictures would be great too.)

Stay safe you all.

We live in Gulfport and are leaving within the hour. THANK YOU ALL FOR PRAYERS.

I have family in the Livingston Parish and Mid Louisiana areas and they're saying that I 49 is already a parking lot trying to get out. Both sides of the interstate are open for people to evacuate and it's bumper to bumper... If you need to get out, go as soon as you can (NOW!!)!

Storm of the Century. God Bless you. Get out of the way! Please! I wish I was closer to help!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/08/30/gustav.prepare/index.html

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin ordered a mandatory evacuation of the city beginning 8 a.m. Sunday but urged residents to consider escaping "the mother of all storms" before then.

ETA: Nagin says he's never seen anything like this...

I have family in the Livingston Parish and Mid Louisiana areas and they're saying that I 49 is already a parking lot trying to get out. Both sides of the interstate are open for people to evacuate and it's bumper to bumper... If you need to get out, go as soon as you can (NOW!!)!

My family member is leaving around 3:00am. It sounds like it isn't going to help much.

I hope everyone stays safe!

My family member is leaving around 3:00am. It sounds like it isn't going to help much.

I hope everyone stays safe!

Diamond, they are telling people to not wait. Leave now.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,413941,00.html

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin ordered the mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, while Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal warned residents that the state "could see flooding worse than Hurricane Katrina," as Gustav approached the Gulf Coast. More at link...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,413941,00.html

(snip)
"This is the real deal, not a test," Nagin said as he issued the order, warning residents that staying would be "one of the biggest mistakes of your life." He emphasized that the city will not offer emergency services to anyone who chooses to stay behind.

Diamond, they are telling people to not wait. Leave now.

He just got back in town today...works on a ship, but they told everyone to go. He also doesn't have a car, since he's mostly working (weeks on end). He's leaving with his friends and girlfriend. He doesn't have much choice, unless he flys home. I told my mom he should...but guess he's not.:(

ETA: By "fly home", I mean where he was born and raised.

He just got back in town today...works on a ship, but they told everyone to go. He also doesn't have a car, since he's mostly working (weeks on end). He's leaving with his friends and girlfriend. He doesn't have much choice, unless he flys home. I told my mom he should...but guess he's not.:(

ETA: By "fly home", I mean where he was born and raised.

I gotcha, prayers to him and anyone in the same situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back