I am no longer receiving e-mail notifications for my subscriptions - please help!

I do have the instant notification selected in options but unfortunately, mine is still not working. I've done everything I possibly can. I'm glad you guys are up and running again. Enjoy, (although I have to admit that I'm a bit envious)! :)

I don't have the slightest clue as to what I must have myself done, so if you'd said yours is working I would have thought admin did something.

You do have a firewall and you've checked that, I think you said. Maybe check it again, and the Virus Protection part too? It also has lists. I bet my fix doesn't last.

Eagle1 said:
You do have a firewall and you've checked that, I think you said. Maybe check it again, and the Virus Protection part too? It also has lists. I bet my fix doesn't last.
I don't have any spam settings in my firewall at all. I purchased the firewall online & did not opt for the spam program since I get it already with AOL. So I don't think that my firewall would have anything to do with my e-mail at all, would it?

Eagle1 said:
I don't have the slightest clue as to what I must have myself done, so if you'd said yours is working I would have thought admin did something.
But like I said, all of a sudden my first subscription page has a list of "daily" boxes next to it when all along it's had "instant". I didn't change a thing on WS, (I tried over the past few days but nothing worked), so maybe admin. did do something?

None of my Subscription List boxes ever had anything in them. When I tried checking them just as an experiment, they didn't stay checked once the page was turned.

If that page isn't your problem, I'd suggest, although I'm a bit tech-challenged, fwiw, un-doing and re-doing all that you said you listed. The timing of it may have been a problem with WS. Not claiming to know, of course. I hate firewalls, always interrupting what I'm doing to ask if I want some unfamiliar email address blocked.

Timex said:
I dont usually subscribe to any threads, but I went in and set one thread to "subscription". I received email notification anytime someone posted on the thread. This leads me to believe whatever problem you folks are having is most likely connected to AOL.
I was receiving e-mail notification all along, and then suddenly it just stopped. I haven't changed anything at all in my computer or in my AOL settings. I checked my mail settings and my spam settings and neither are preventing the e-mails from coming through. I really don't have a clue how any of this works but since I've changed nothing in my computer, I'm assuming that it has something to do with my settings at WS.

I tried to send WS an e-mail through the "contact us" link but it keeps getting bounced back, telling me that the WS mailbox is full. Can any of the mod's or admin's give me some advice? A fellow WS'er told me to find out if my account can be reset by admininstration - is there something that can be done on that end to possibly fix this?

Thanks to all of you for trying to help out. I really appreciate it.

JerseyGirl said:
I was receiving e-mail notification all along, and then suddenly it just stopped. I haven't changed anything at all in my computer or in my AOL settings. I checked my mail settings and my spam settings and neither are preventing the e-mails from coming through. I really don't have a clue how any of this works but since I've changed nothing in my computer, I'm assuming that it has something to do with my settings at WS.

I tried to send WS an e-mail through the "contact us" link but it keeps getting bounced back, telling me that the WS mailbox is full. Can any of the mod's or admin's give me some advice? A fellow WS'er told me to find out if my account can be reset by admininstration - is there something that can be done on that end to possibly fix this?

Thanks to all of you for trying to help out. I really appreciate it.

Contacting WS thru the "contact us" email addy is almost always impossible, thats why tybee has her email address in her siggy. I think folks are checking on the problem, but just havent found any answers, since its not a problem that seems to be associated with WS at this time.

Timex said:
Contacting WS thru the "contact us" email addy is almost always impossible, thats why tybee has her email address in her siggy.
Oh, thank you. I didn't realize that. But since people are already checking, I'll just wait & see what happens before e-mailing. Thanks again.

Jersey
Im not finding any problem on WS. Since its not more widespread with WS members I believe it is a problem with either AOL or your settings. I am not a tech person so just really have no idea how to advise you on what to do.
I just changed a few of your setting around. See if you can get notifications now.

Thanks, tybee. I'm currently not receiving any e-mails so I don't think that your efforts worked. They are very much appreciated though. I have no idea what to do from here. Oh well ...

I am having the same problem. I did disable AOL's Spy Zapper that they recently put on my computer, and that didn't work. Still a mystery but I miss the emails. Have deleted all subscribed threads and started over, still nothing. Emails are not in my AOL Email Spam folder.

Thanks for letting us know, Florida. Your problem is identical to mine.

If anyone else that reads this has the same problem, can you post it here, and let us know if you're on AOL or not? If we can figure out how wide the problem is, and if it is only us AOL members, we can probably find out the source of the problem.

Thanks again everyone!

sunny said:
OK Jersey girl, when I was having trouble with getting my notification I changed mine from Instant Notification to Daily and now I am getting my notifications for 2 days now. I think they both have to match daily/daily etc.

"Both" meaning ???

So disabling the AOL Spyware Protection scanner didn't help. Hm....

I did find a spam log, Norton, and WS wasn't in it. Settings do drift for some reason sometimes. For instance, my hubby's screen name came up when I was going to sign on, the other day, which hasn't happened in a couple of years. And my Address Book won't open, INSTALL.LOG is missing,etc.

A fleeting thought. I am on Microsoft XP with Service Pack 2 and recently downloaded 5 or 6 updates from Microsoft the first day they came out. One was a Security Update. Anyone else?

Florida said:
A fleeting thought. I am on Microsoft XP with Service Pack 2 and recently downloaded 5 or 6 updates from Microsoft the first day they came out. One was a Security Update. Anyone else?

Florida,
I just did the Microsoft patch last week and Security one also and just fixed my problem so I would say that has nothing to do with it. BTW I fixed mine on Saturday after searching through my files for spam and there it was. But I don't have AOL either.

I remember about 6 updates, Saturday or Sunday, so that isn't it.

Florida, how did you disable your AOL Spyware Protection scanner?

It's in Add/Remove but INSTALL.LOG is missing, so if there was a disk you'd just reinstall it, but since it's from AOL, there isn't one. I don't want to fool around with my Registry and hope I don't have to download a cleaner.

I went to AOL A-Z and S for Spy Zapper and a box came up and I clicked on settings and checked off do not block any programs, do not check my computer.

Thanks. But I did that too, then found out you have to click Save, so I went back and did that, but just a little while ago it was back, scanning again! Aargh! Interrupts your work.

I just now ran PC Doctor on Call 2, which found 5 problems in my Uninstall section, which they say are now fixed. I should have tried again to Uninstall a Cakewalk program from Add/Remove, also the AOL thing before coming back here, couldn't wait to see if anything else happened.

I must have clicked save, cause I haven't seen it since I did that.

I think I automatically subcribed to threads (a default setting) cause I post so rarely. So I would then get the email notifications of following posts and unsubscribe when I no longer wanted them. Took me awhile to figure out how to unsubscribe (not a computer wiz).

I went to options and clicked on instant notification for default subscribed threads. When I go to the page where they (subscribed threads) are listed and click on the notification box and then the instant boxes, I get something about choosing a folder. What is that all about. I never did that before, never clicked the boxes, never went to this page. I am so confused at this point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back