IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the white van. The man who came forward is not a suspect. LE said they wanted to see if he had some information. LE did not say that he had no information, but they did say he is not a suspect. There was something specific that they were looking for from that specific video of that van. They may have the information they wanted. MOO

Abben speaks about the 'white van' in this article from July 26.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19125481/people-on-the-lookout-for-suspicous-white-vans

As for whether a white van was involved in the abduction of Lyric Cook and Elisabeth Collins, authorities say there is no evidence to prove that.
"Where we're standing here now at the response center where we're working out of and I checked with them and they have nothing on it other than what you guys reported last night in Dubuque. So there's nothing in regards to a white van that anyone is aware of. Those are all rumors or there is nothing at this time," said Chief Deputy Rick Abben.

A van that was white on the day, at least.

They very specifically wanted to speak to a white van driver, not a purple pinto driver, which implied to me that a white van was most likely used.

They are the most common after all, therefore the most likely to be accessed anyway, for someone who has gone to the planning trouble our perp appears to.

I believe the entire thing was planned to within an inch of its life, the girls barely even reached the lake, two different sets of bikes were involved, also the staging of scent designed to distract and steer the investigation.

I believe the LE need the abduction vehicle, most likely the white van, and cannot find it.

It probably contains the girls.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

:please:

BBM

I agree with you completely with the exception of the portion I bolded above. I think there was only one set of bikes, and the girls were told something along the lines of "I'll put your bikes over here and when we get back, you can bike home". In the process of staging the bikes, the abductor(s) notices Elizabeth's purple purse hanging on the handlebars and tossed it over the fence. JMO

I think they are looking at any vehicle that could transport the two bikes. I've seen van, RV, etc. . .just not car. That makes me think that LE believes the bikes were moved somehow from wherever the actual abduction took place to where they were found.

MOO

So maybe a vehicle was a vehicle of a different color than, for example, it appears on the registration or plates info that could possibly be retrieved from surveillance video. MOO

I think they are looking at any vehicle that could transport the two bikes. I've seen van, RV, etc. . .just not car. That makes me think that LE believes the bikes were moved somehow from wherever the actual abduction took place to where they were found.

MOO

Or a vehicle that could transport any bike or kayak for example. Not necessarily a vehicle that moved the girls' bikes. Just sayin'..maybe it moved something else..MOO

ETA: The girls' bikes were not necessarily transported at all.

BBM

I agree with you completely with the exception of the portion I bolded above. I think there was only one set of bikes, and the girls were told something along the lines of "I'll put your bikes over here and when we get back, you can bike home". In the process of staging the bikes, the abductor(s) notices Elizabeth's purple purse hanging on the handlebars and tossed it over the fence. JMO

I've come late to accepting two different sets of bikes.

It doesn't fit under KISS.

However, I can't just dismiss Mr G's sighting...unless he was wildly mistaken about his time frame.

I believe there were only two bikes unoccupied (i.e., laying, leaning, whatever) on the trail during the time frame of the disappearance of these girls. MOO

MOO

That's certainly possible. My thought is they are looking for any type of vehicle that could transport two young girls without them being seen, i.e. a van, an RV. And it would need to be vehicle that wouldn't stand out too much in that area. While it might be an RV, I'm thinking a van would have the least likely chance of being noticed in the area there the girls were most likely abducted.

Someone posted a while back about magnetic signs that can easily be taken off of a vehicle. Maybe magnetic signs were used to change the appearance of the vehicle. :waitasec:

All JMHO

I've come late to accepting two different sets of bikes.

It doesn't fit under KISS.

However, I can't just dismiss Mr G's sighting...unless he was wildly mistaken about his time frame.

I've come to believe TG was mistaken about seeing the bikes on the trail that day. If he saw them in the time frame he's established - 12.20'ish - could the girls have waited for him to pass then biked to where they were seen at 12:23? I'm not sure that's possible, so I'm disregarding just as LE apparently has. IMO.

So I can't get behind the two sets of bikes theory because of that.

I've come to believe TG was mistaken about seeing the bikes on the trail that day. If he saw them in the time frame he's established - 12.20'ish - could the girls have waited for him to pass then biked to where they were seen at 12:23? I'm not sure that's possible, so I'm disregarding just as LE apparently has. IMO.

So I can't get behind the two sets of bikes theory because of that.

Yeah you're right.

Two sets of bikes just doesn't make sense any way you look at it...BUT I think with this perp, any level of planning is possible.

:cow:

Yeah you're right.

Two sets of bikes just doesn't make sense any way you look at it...BUT I think with this perp, any level of planning is possible.

:cow:

Absolutely! Although the abductor(s) may have never abducted a child before, he/she/they didn't just magically have everything fall into place for them. It was carefully planned from the first step to the last, IMO.

MOO

Thx for saying that, Hambirg, because I think you're right on the money!

Cook_Collins_routes.jpg

Does south Evans rd, run to the interstate?

I think, while the abduction was planned to some degree, the abductor may not have been counting on all the cameras. Another thing I believe is holding up this investigation, may be that people just don't believe this person could be capable of this abduction..for whatever reason. LE has indicated that in their statement. MOO

ETA: Too old, too young, too respectable, too responsible, too friendly, too helpful, no record, etc.

I thought a local said both of those freeway exits were closed due to the construction. I don't know if that means the entrances were closed too. I hope a local chimes in and we can clear that up.

I know when I was there, the interstate 20 where all the construction is has a detour into Town.

MOO

I have always imagined the girls were lured into a garage, or maybe even a fenced yard, some where along the bike route. I just can't get away from this idea. I know it doesn't really fit, but it has been stuck in my head from the beginning.

I've wondered for a long time why LE didn't publish photos of the bikes together in order to help trigger the public's memory of whether or not they might have seen the girls riding their bikes on the 13th.

IMO, if it's true that Lyric was riding an adult's mountain bike, wouldn't it be larger (and less colorful, perhaps) than the bike little Elizabeth might have been riding? IDK

The only reason I've been able to come up with for LE not publishing bike photos is that the difference in the bikes is something they're purposefully withholding in order to determine if any future "confessors" are legit. Do you think that might be it?

Btw, I am NOT suggesting that photos of the bikes as found at the lake should have been published...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph