IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan was at home ( had access to his gf's SUV) her admission and questioned by FBI

Misty was at home
Heather... dr appt then another appt
Drew was at home (sick) that's why Grandma went to watch the kids
until she and Tammy left.

LE has NOT cleared any of them

I thought Misty was working at Casey's...maybe I just dreamt that?:waitasec:

I think that is correct though because there was tons of speculation way back that maybe the girls had ridden their bikes to go see Misty?...

Although it has not been officially stated that the bodies found were those of Lyric and Elizabeth, it is clear from the Blackhawk County Sheriff's website that these were the girls. (Not that we had much doubt). I hope there will be press conference today now that the autopsies are complete.

http://www.bhcso.org/

I hope so too. Even just an official confirmation of the ID's, as I don't think that we will get a whole lot on the autopsies, for quite a while. JMO.

:twocents:

Thank you.

So the cousin Lyric was awol with in Waterloo was not Aunt TB's 14 year old daughter.

Got it.

I wonder so much about that afternoon in Waterloo. I suspect there is a relation to the later abduction.

Good morning, tlcox.:seeya:

I linked an article a couple of posts above regarding Brittany Brousseau, the cousin who was arrested for drugs.

It may have been TB's 14 y.o. daughter who was with Lyric the day she came home late. I don't know if it was ever reported in MSM which cousin she was with, except that it wasn't Elizabeth.

I think that is correct though because there was tons of speculation way back that maybe the girls had ridden their bikes to go see Misty?...

You're right, Misty was at work at Casey's. She came home when Wylma told her Lyric and Elizabeth were missing.

Thank you.

So the cousin Lyric was awol with in Waterloo was not Aunt TB's 14 year old daughter.

Got it.

I wonder so much about that afternoon in Waterloo. I suspect there is a relation to the later abduction.

I'm not sure which of TB's daughters she was with that day. But it was not the one (step-daughter of TB) who was later arrested.

Thanks. So many cousins, having trouble keeping track of who is who.

Just curious as if anyone else has heard or seen update from news media any information about the male body found under bridge in Linn County? And I can't find the link now but I also read somewhere today about a male body being found in a rural driveway, can't remember if it was Dubuque or Davenport...one or the other I think it was.
Is MM still in halfway house?

Here's a link from yesterday about the man found under the bridge:

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/h...cle_6d59dcd2-4254-11e2-9294-0019bb2963f4.html

I haven't seen any update providing a name or other info - I think that will come after the autopsy is completed.

Regarding Misty, I am not sure where she is living now. The last I heard she was in "supervised housing". I am a little surprised that there has not been any comment from her regarding Lyric and Lizzie being found. Maybe she is waiting for official confirmation before making any statement.

ETA: And here's a link to a story about the man found dead in a driveway in Cedar Rapids:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ma...cle_53749ba0-0245-11e0-a919-001cc4c03286.html

Sorry you are right my mistake, I was thinking of Misty when I typed that. Dan was home

Just to add to the above info. Greenbrier Rd, where Misty lives/d has 3 sex offenders living in the subdivision. West of the subdivision is George Wyth Lake where Misty took Lyric swimming.

http://goo.gl/maps/6UR4M

A sex offender lives on Golden valley in Greenbrier addition. He weighs 230 pounds, 5'9. (Possible friends with Chad Fitz?) I looked at his Facebook page, and got the chills. His only friends on there are a few family members and includes a picture he posted of himself with this caption: Like I said, loved by few hated by many.

Yikes.. I wouldn't want my daughter near either one of them...dangerous!!

Although it has not been officially stated that the bodies found were those of Lyric and Elizabeth, it is clear from the Blackhawk County Sheriff's website that these were the girls. (Not that we had much doubt). I hope there will be press conference today now that the autopsies are complete.

Sorta worries me there has been no positive ID announced yet. Something is hinky if they couldn't use dental and are now relying on DNA. They could use fingerprints also, but I don't know if they got the girl's off of something they touched back in July or not.

I hope we hear something too. ID, COD and MOD...hopefully. :please:

A sex offender lives on Golden valley in Greenbrier addition. He weighs 230 pounds, 5'9. (Possible friends with Chad Fitz?) I looked at his Facebook page, and got the chills. His only friends on there are a few family members and includes a picture he posted of himself with this caption: Like I said, loved by few hated by many.

not permitted to have a fb page, please report him to fb.

I added this to the opening post, but I'll post it here, too.

This is on the BHCSO's website now. I don't see MSM reporting it yet.

In Memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook
20270787_BG1.jpg

"Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those precious little girls. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office pledges vigilance in our pursuit of those responsible and will extend every resource to concluding this case so that justice may prevail."
-Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson

Sorta worries me there has been no positive ID announced yet. Something is hinky if they couldn't use dental and are now relying on DNA. They could use fingerprints also, but I don't know if they got the girl's off of something they touched back in July or not.

I hope we hear something too. ID, COD and MOD...hopefully. :please:

I think we'll soon get official confirmation that the bodies found were Lyric and Lizzie. But COD may take a while, IMO, depending upon the condition of the bodies/remains.

Wow, didn't know that, thanks for the info.. I certainly will. Now I'm wondering if Lyric could have had contact with him on there?? :what:

you just never know, I reported someone else I discovered and they were off fb the next day, just link their sex offender info.

thanks for noticing, they have no business being on that social network.
JMO

OT: I belong to a broken ankle fb page, broke my ankle in May and the recovery is very long, so you really get to know some of the people on the page.
There is a "cast fetish" group that keeps trying to get into our page through very sneaky methods. One guy got added to the page accidentally. We did get him off the page.
This past weekend, he went after one of the "legitimate" broken ankle girls who lives in a very small town; (she had it listed on her profile).
She wound up punching him in the jaw to get away from him at the grocery store, the cops arrested him, come to find out he is wanted for various stuff and is a sexual predator.
These people do use fb to go after someone they want.

Sorry, I posted the wrong map. Here's the one for Greenbrier:

http://goo.gl/maps/NULEI

They were at their "destination" as Dan put it by their lonesome that day. Misty stated they were at the park and just stayed away a little too long..not that they were far away. There is a Tibbetts park near, a ball park and a bike trail in the area.

Three RSO's.

B Zeien
J Beard
T Stevick

Was it ever mentioned who the guy was that approached 14 yr old?

you just never know, I reported someone else I discovered and they were off fb the next day, just link their sex offender info.

thanks for noticing, they have no business being on that social network.
JMO

And if this person is still on parole, internet usage would most likely be a violation of that parole.

Wow, didn't know that, thanks for the info.. I certainly will. Now I'm wondering if Lyric could have had contact with him on there?? :what:

I think LE has checked out anyone Lyric contacted on FB. It was my understanding she used FB mainly for playing games.

OT: I belong to a broken ankle fb page, broke my ankle in May and the recovery is very long, so you really get to know some of the people on the page.
There is a "cast fetish" group that keeps trying to get into our page through very sneaky methods. One guy got added to the page accidentally. We did get him off the page.
This past weekend, he went after one of the "legitimate" broken ankle girls who lives in a very small town; (she had it listed on her profile).
She wound up punching him in the jaw to get away from him at the grocery store, the cops arrested him, come to find out he is wanted for various stuff and is a sexual predator.
These people do use fb to go after someone they want.

Did I understand correctly that there is a group of perps with a cast fetish, seriously?!

Can somebody refresh memory on cousin? Cousin that lyric was with when she got home late. How old? Male? Is there a link to "drug" arrest the cousin may have had? Any info appreciated.

I believe that when Lyric was briefly missing 4 days prior to the abduction, she was with Tammy's daughter, who was 11 years old at the time. Can anyone confirm this? (going by memory)

The 21 year old cousin that was arrested was driving without a license and had prescription drugs for anxiety in the vehicle, but they were not her drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz