IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I understand correctly that there is a group of perps with a cast fetish, seriously?!

There is a group or website for everything. I belong to a quad support group, and there are several people who just want to 'listen in', and who have a thing for leg braces as well. Odd..creepy..yukk!!!

I believe that when Lyric was briefly missing 4 days prior to the abduction, she was with Tammy's daughter, who was 11 years old at the time. Can anyone confirm this? (going by memory)

The 21 year old cousin that was arrested was driving without a license and had prescription drugs for anxiety in the vehicle, but they were not her drugs.

Otto, I recall the same thing about the cousin being Tammy's 11 year old daughter, but can't find anything to confirm that.

Going by this latest article from today, the autopsy report is pending. Not surprised.

Investigation at Seven Bridges Park ends; autopsies of girls complete

snipped

The Iowa Medical Examiner’s Office in Ankeny completed the autopsies of the remains on Friday, according to Dr. Dennis Klein. He said the results remain pending the outcome of further tests.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_eb5c81b6-42db-11e2-b39a-001a4bcf887a.html

Going by this latest article from today, the autopsy report is pending. Not surprised.

Investigation at Seven Bridges Park ends; autopsies of girls complete

snipped

The Iowa Medical Examiner’s Office in Ankeny completed the autopsies of the remains on Friday, according to Dr. Dennis Klein. He said the results remain pending the outcome of further tests.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_eb5c81b6-42db-11e2-b39a-001a4bcf887a.html

Medical examiners generally won't release an autopsy report until they get all the results back -- for instance, whether the girls were drugged, whether there are foreign substances on them, etc. Sometimes there's a preliminary report; that kind of depends on how much information they want to keep private for the sake of the investigation.

TY very much. I guess that is why no family member is under suspicion. I can say that the father of Lyric needs to take a course on answering questions.

Really? He says it very clearly: he was at his mom's house having a nap. I didn't find that hard to understand but I'm willing to give him a pass since his daughter was missing.

It sure feels awful seeing "Found Deceased" next to the girls' names.

Yes it does.

Brought over from previous thread:

GrainneDhu said:
Mr C is an older man who is a resident of Evansdale. He lives on a street corner (Lake and Gilbert) that is somewhat close to Meyer's Lake but not really on a direct line for either the eastern or western routes from the Collins house to Meyer's Lake.

He said that he had seen Elizabeth riding her bicycle near his home on several occasions; this was puzzling since Elizabeth's mother and grandmother said that Elizabeth had never ridden her bicycle down to Meyer's Lake before. Was Elizabeth going further away on her bicycle than her mother and grandmother realised? Was Mr C mistaken in his identification (one 8 year old girl looks much like another)? Or could it have been a slight miscommunication, where Elizabeth's mother and grandmother meant she was not allowed to ride her bicycle alone to the lake but there were other times when she was with her older siblings or a parent when she could go to the lake? Many possibilities.

He said that on 13 July, when his wife was at her part time job, he was watering his lawn between 12 noon and 3 pm; he was sure he'd seen Elizabeth and Lyric on their bicycles that day, somewhere between 12:30 pm and 3:00 pm.

Since his street wasn't on any direct route to the lake, this was also puzzling. Could it be that Elizabeth (and Lyric) had only been to the lake once and they were just following the route they'd previously ridden without realising there was a more direct route? Were Elizabeth and Lyric just riding around randomly for the fun of it? Could it be a case of mistaken eyewitness identification? Could Mr C have seen the girls on a previous day and made a mistake as to which day it was? Again, many possibilities.

I hadn't put this thought together before. If Lyric had been overdue just a few days before, I wonder if perhaps she was meeting somebody -- possibly a friend and not necessarily a guy -- and Elizabeth was killing time riding around while Lyric was with her other friend. Lyric is starting to look pretty grown up in some of those posts; maybe she wasn't as fond of palling around with her "baby" cousin as she used to be.

Further wondering: maybe whoever it was snatched Elizabeth and used her as bait to get Lyric. Or the other way around.

No evidence on any of this. It just makes me wonder.

Catching up slowly. Went to the Steeler game yesterday (ugh!)and then stopped at my office to catch up on paperwork. I could tell you all were onto something interesting by the sheer number of pages I'm having to wade through. Fascinating stuff. I don't want to skip a word. Now, if only we could get a bit more info from LE...or an arrest. I pray that justice will be served swiftly.

I really expected to wake up today with news at least pertaining to a positive ID and possibly COD/TOD. What is going on? Unfortunately I don't feel like they have anything on a perp at this point. I hope I am wrong!

There must be a very good reason for LE to be so close to the vest and no news coming out.
Makes me wonder if they are ready to pounce on someone!

Brought over from previous thread:

I hadn't put this thought together before. If Lyric had been overdue just a few days before, I wonder if perhaps she was meeting somebody -- possibly a friend and not necessarily a guy -- and Elizabeth was killing time riding around while Lyric was with her other friend. Lyric is starting to look pretty grown up in some of those posts; maybe she wasn't as fond of palling around with her "baby" cousin as she used to be.

Further wondering: maybe whoever it was snatched Elizabeth and used her as bait to get Lyric. Or the other way around.

No evidence on any of this. It just makes me wonder.

I had wondered along those lines after seeing cctv video of girls racing by on bikes. When I was a kid my elder sibling was sometimes 'saddled' with me (as in turn I was with my younger sibs, only I did not mind) when he went out to play and would do his best to shake me off, but no way- I'd race right behind him not willing to give up the opportunity of a huge adventure.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Whats-Next-in-Missing-Girls-Investigation-182603861.html
(snipped)BBM

What's Next in Missing Girls Investigation?

<modsnip>

Martin has assisted in more than 50 death investigations while working for the Mount Pleasant Police Department, and now teaches criminal justice at Des Moines Area Community College.

<modsnip>

It&#8217;s unknown how long the bodies were in the park or what condition they were in, but Martin said finding DNA evidence of the killer will be tough in this wooded swampy area.

<modsnip>.

Authorities said it could be a couple of weeks before complete autopsy results are available in the case.

Martin said that in his experience with death investigations, while forensic science is helpful a case is usually cracked by someone coming forward with information.

Has there been any sign of when the girls will have their funeral?
Any obits yet?
When their bodies will be released from ME?
This is so beyond sad..............:(

Although it has not been officially stated that the bodies found were those of Lyric and Elizabeth, it is clear from the Blackhawk County Sheriff's website that these were the girls. (Not that we had much doubt). I hope there will be press conference today now that the autopsies are complete.

http://www.bhcso.org/

that's very touching :(

The article was about Lacey Anderson, 19. I believe she was from Nebraska and it they are speculating that her death(a drive-by shooting in a remote area) may be linked to her connection to the meth world. She was an informant. The article also mentions Lyric and Lizzie. Not really related, but speculated that her death, as well as the girls' deaths may be connected to the shady characters involved in the meth world.

Wow. . .I'm back. I am nowhere near being caught up. But a few things that stand out. Early on, during the searches, someone found a flip flop going north out of Evansdale on Debuque Rd., IIRC. We never heard anything more about that find, so I believed it did belong to the girls. . .keeping it close to the vest. So I always thought they were taken north. I was focused on Dunkerville and had asked about the nature area east of there. I was wrong about that, obviously. But the north part was correct, so I am thinking it was one of the girls flip flops.

Just my gut on profiling here, I still think this was a sexual predator, crime of opportunity. If it was someone close to the girls they would have hid them better. . .buried, in water, etc. If it was a total stranger from out of the area, they wouldn't have bothered to hide them at all. So, I'm thinking someone local, possibly on the radar (RSO?) or an acquaintance. I still think Lyric was the target (just because of age, development, etc. :( ) and Lizzie was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Is there a reason we don't think this is the 2nd crime scene? What I'm wondering is if the perp could have had the girls walk-in to where they were found.

This is all MOO

ETA- Just my gut feeling that this isn't related to the family meth problems (unless it was just a creepy perp that became acquainted with them through those channels). I just think if it was, they would have been found sooner and in a way that would make IDing them harder. So, typical drug related death stuff, IYKWIM. Of course, I will change my mind on that if we learn more after the autopsy info is ever released.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...2-8629-001a4bcf887a.html?print=true&cid=print

Branstad: Not Likely to Push for Death Penalty

DES MOINES, Iowa --- Gov. Terry Branstad said he supports the death penalty under certain circumstances, but it’s unlikely he’ll push for its reinstatement in Iowa.
“My position has been consistently, for the last 20 or 30 years, that if an individual is guilty of a crime such as first-degree rape or kidnapping and then murders the victim, so two Class A felonies … that is the limited instance when I think the death penalty could be appropriate,” he said during a Statehouse news conference Monday. <snipped>

Wow. . .I'm back. I am nowhere near being caught up. But a few things that stand out. Early on, during the searches, someone found a flip flop going north out of Evansdale on Debuque Rd., IIRC. We never heard anything more about that find, so I believed it did belong to the girls. . .keeping it close to the vest. So I always thought they were taken north. I was focused on Dunkerville and had asked about the nature area east of there. I was wrong about that, obviously. But the north part was correct, so I am thinking it was one of the girls flip flops.

Just my gut on profiling here, I still think this was a sexual predator, crime of opportunity. If it was someone close to the girls they would have hid them better. . .buried, in water, etc. If it was a total stranger from out of the area, they wouldn't have bothered to hide them at all. So, I'm thinking someone local, possibly on the radar (RSO?) or an acquaintance. I still think Lyric was the target (just because of age, development, etc. :( ) and Lizzie was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Is there a reason we don't think this is the 2nd crime scene? What I'm wondering is if the perp could have had the girls walk-in to where they were found.

This is all MOO

ETA- Just my gut feeling that this isn't related to the family meth problems (unless it was just a creepy perp that became acquainted with them through those channels). I just think if it was, they would have been found sooner and in a way that would make IDing them harder. So, typical drug related death stuff, IYKWIM. Of course, I will change my mind on that if we learn more after the autopsy info is ever released.

Hambirg-I could be wrong-but I thought the flip flop was an adult size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member