IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otto, how do you do screen shots? I'm still without that knowledge. :( TIA

There's a prtscn key (print screen) on the keyboard. Press that, and then open software to paste it into. If you have photoshop, control N opens a new file (don't resize the image, just go with the default) and control V pastes.

On one of my laptops, I have to usd Fn --> Prtscn
Print Screen is in the upper right area of the keyboard.

You can also paste the image into a word document and then use Format --> Crop.

When I looked into media reports last week, I understood that the area around the gate, where the bikes were found, was taped off right away, and that on Monday, when the lake draining began, larger parts of the lake shore were taped off. I think the cyclist is about 400 feet East of the gate in the photo where he was talking to police. There may not have been any crime tape in that area at any time.

I have heard both that the area was taped off on the evening of July 13 and that it wasn't taped off until the following morning ... so I'm curious about what is true regarding when it was first taped off as a crime scene.

I agree, it's confusing and difficult to tell from MSM reports what was taped off when.

I kind of got the feeling that pretty much the back side of the trail was taped off (especially closer to the gate) and the rest of the area was maybe open? :waitasec:

It also appeared from some of the pics that LE kept taped off the larger sections maybe to not only investigate the area, but to possibly keep the media as well as nosy folk back as well. Maybe give themselves a little breathing room. Can't blame them there.

I agree, it's confusing and difficult to tell from MSM reports what was taped off when.

I kind of got the feeling that pretty much the back side of the trail was taped off (especially closer to the gate) and the rest of the area was maybe open? :waitasec:

It also appeared from some of the pics that LE kept taped off the larger sections maybe to not only investigate the area, but to possibly keep the media as well as nosy folk back as well. Maybe give themselves a little breathing room. Can't blame them there.

I think that the area where the purse was found and perhaps the shore near the gate was initially considered the crime scene. Perhaps the crime scene widened as the searches came up empty, as we know that most of the lake shore was taped off by Tuesday.

There's a prtscn key (print screen) on the keyboard. Press that, and then open software to paste it into. If you have photoshop, control N opens a new file (don't resize the image, just go with the default) and control V pastes.

On one of my laptops, I have to usd Fn --> Prtscn
Print Screen is in the upper right area of the keyboard.

You can also paste the image into a word document and then use Format --> Crop.

My prt scr button is divided and says prt scr on top and sysrq on bottom...do I need to shift prt screen? When I just hit the prt scr key nothing happens...so is it just "sitting out there" waiting for me to paste and I'm not suppose to see anything else? Thanks.

My prt scr button is divided and says prt scr on top and sysrq on bottom...do I need to shift prt screen? When I just hit the prt scr key nothing happens...so is it just "sitting out there" waiting for me to paste and I'm not suppose to see anything else? Thanks.

Then you need to use the function key. It's the Fn key in the lower left of the keyboard. Hold down the Fn key, then press the Prt Scn key. Let me know if that works.

I hope this computer stuff isn't too far off topic. Hopefully it will be somewhat useful for everyone in posting about this case ... in the event that there's a photo that won't copy properly, or an archived newspaper article that won't open properly..

I just wanted to comment on what you guys were talking about on what to do with child molestors. There are so many of them and almost everyday here in Iowa a new one is registered. What is wrong with our society that a man desires a child? I said it before and I will say it again. This world is so very evil. My liberal heart tells me, that if you molest a child your pee pee should be cut off.

If you ever have to be around them all day, your liberal heart would be much more conservative.

They won't take meds. They believe they are entitled...as all sociopaths do. Many have NO insight into their problems. No one can force them to take meds. I have talked to them after conviction. They sit in an all male prison and won't take their meds. They tell you they have a right to orgasm and no one is going to take it away. So since they won't take it inside of a prison, they sure as heck won't take it when they leave. :banghead:

Castration does not cure the problem of rape. Rape is a power game and their penis is only an object...they will substitue if necessary.

I wanted to respond to a post you made a while back, but by the time I had time, I couldn't remember where it was. You mentioned that you cycled the Evansdale Nature Trail after the children vanished and that you did not see crime scene tape. Ollipop, who also lives in the area, posted that he saw crime scene tape in the area on the morning after the children vanished.

Did you ride the trail the evening of July 13 and the morning of July 14, or the morning of July 14 and the evening of July 14?

July 14. Everyone was out looking that day, and I rode the trail, but was not one of the official volunteers. Lots of people walked the trail that day.

The link isn't to the Courier. It's to newspaperarchivedotcom, an archive of newspapers around the world. You must have a paid membership to view an unlimited number of newspapers.

Oh, that's right. Buy still, if you delete THAT cookie, you probably could view again. I found it frustrating that I couldn't zoom in enough to read it. At least on my Kindle.

On Saturday night, FBI was near the gate, stopping anyone who attempted to ride through, but just asked me if I rode the trail the day before. I told him no, and he let us ride through. There was no tape. There was a police vehicle in front of the gate, however, on the trail.

You know, I was just going to say that maybe I didn't ride all the way around the lake on the morning of the 14th..... until I just now checked my Cardiotrainer app my phone. I did. All the way around, from Arbutus to the back side os the lake, past the gate. At almost exactly noon. No tape. I was thinking maybe I doubled back at that point.

I would think the majority would respond to the medication...forced or voluntary. That's out of their hands, and the meds do what they are suppose to do in most cases by suppressing all sexual desire. So what about those who still partake again? Is it just their physical make up not responding to the meds or are there other very deep seated psychological issues in the perp wanting to just harm children? Quenching their sexual lust vs another mental issue? It would be interesting to know what their own reasoning was for their failure. What throws a kink in all this for me is the fact most child molesters are married and in sexual relaltionships with an adult.?? So what does that say? Are they just over-sexed, wanting the issue of control or what?? I need to think about this more...........:banghead: Seems we always get stats, but the whys are always left out.

I'm a subscriber to the predator theory of sexual assault: that given a free choice between a willing partner and a less than willing partner, a rapist will choose the less than willing partner because something about coerced or forced sex satisfies them more than willing and consensual sexual encounters.

The wrinkle in the theory of chemical castration is that there are women who are demonstrably sexual predators. Chemical castration works by changing the hormonal balance to the default model in mammals which is female; all fetuses start out female until those with Y chromosomes start kicking out the hormones that turn them into males. Cancel out the male hormones with, for instance, androgen insensitivity syndrome and the fetus appears to be female.

And yet... demonstrably, there are female rapists. Without doing any extensive genetic testing, we know they are not some form of intersex person where they have the outer genitalia of women while having male hormones because many of these female rapists have had children (intersex people are not fertile).

Also, tucked somewhere in my memory is a vague recollection of studies done on involuntary participants in chemical castration from back in the 1940s and 1950s, when ethics in research were not well developed. A number of the chemically castrated committed rape using objects. Even if they couldn't get any direct sexual pleasure from the act, they still got some sort of pleasure from knowing they were sexually assaulting another human being.

Is the page not viewable? If not, I can post a screen shot.

I would appreciate that otto. I cannot view it.

ETA: Thank you. I see it now! Did not read far enough ahead.

If you ever have to be around them all day, your liberal heart would be much more conservative.

They won't take meds. They believe they are entitled...as all sociopaths do. Many have NO insight into their problems. No one can force them to take meds. I have talked to them after conviction. They sit in an all male prison and won't take their meds. They tell you they have a right to orgasm and no one is going to take it away. So since they won't take it inside of a prison, they sure as heck won't take it when they leave. :banghead:

Castration does not cure the problem of rape. Rape is a power game and their penis is only an object...they will substitue if necessary.

Thank you for saying this so bluntly! I believe you are 100% correct.

ETA: I also believe, and just my personal belief here, someone like Sandusky would continue to groom and molest children even if on such drugs. I believe that a twisted MIND is the problem, and I don't see anyway to fix that.

July 14. Everyone was out looking that day, and I rode the trail, but was not one of the official volunteers. Lots of people walked the trail that day.

Did you ride by the drainage gate and, if so, did you see crime scene tape on the shore near the gate?

ETA ... I see you answered that upthread. Any idea on what day there was crime scene tape? Was the public free to wander in the gate area and through the gate on the weekend that the children vanished?

Thank you for saying this so bluntly! I believe you are 100% correct.

ETA: I also believe, and just my personal belief here, someone like Sandusky would continue to groom and molest children even if on such drugs. I believe that a twisted MIND is the problem, and I don't see anyway to fix that.

There was research being done on pedophiles many years ago. They would get a jolt each time their body reacted to the movie they were watching and a child appeared. The research indicated that adversive therapy was not effective long term.Despie the repeated exposure to this, it didn't work.

To work, the perp has to realize that they are doing something wrong. Most don't believe that. They look at it like a bodily function and don't believe that can be wrong. Many say the child wanted it as much as they did....grrrr.

In reading files, almost every single perp was molested themselves. They never thought it was wrong. Those that did (mostly women) are in therapy, drugs or deep depression. Those are the ones that KNOW it was wrong. Since many in prison, don't come to terms with that, the cycle continues.

Actually I am a conservative, and I know that rape is power, but these perps who molest children in my opinion are not doing it for power, they lust after kids.

We don't really even know if these girls were sexually assaulted. I assume they were, but who know?

Did you ride by the drainage gate and, if so, did you see crime scene tape on the shore near the gate?

ETA ... I see you answered that upthread. Any idea on what day there was crime scene tape? Was the public free to wander in the gate area and through the gate on the weekend that the children vanished?

I don't remember there ever being tape there. I'm assuming the area was blocked off the night of the 13th, but thats just my assumption. Ive not seen the gate open at all, and there is a lock on the gate. Not questioning LE, but I keeping the area blocked off for an extended period would not have hurt anything.

I think it is too much of a coincidence that the bikes were found near an unlocked gate....at least I read the gate was not locked...just closed.

If the gate was always locked, I'd be looking at service people who have access.

foxbluff, If it is up to me, I will be looking at the local affiliates of ABC, NBC and media like that to contact them and check on the autopsy status if it is complete or not. Also, I would call the black hawk county police office and check what is going on.

Emiusacska, I haven't been ignoring you! This will be my third attempt to get my submitted reply to actually appear onbrd. (I really need to take time off from here to clean up my PC. Grrh...)

Please laugh w/me when I say that, perhaps due to our not having had any "direct exchanges" here, I wasn't quite sure how to take your post. My first thought was "how nice of her"... my second thought was "wait a minute here... did I just get slammed?!?" With each reading I vacillated betw those two opinions. :floorlaugh:

You can imagine how relieved I was to see your followup post describing what steps you yourself had taken.

Thank you so much for your efforts and thoughtness and know that both are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven