IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the retired police chief had called BHC investigators would MK had been interviewed? I certainly hope so!!!! How much time would have gone by before BHC began expanding their search of RSOs? IMO BHC was working on a theory that didn't include RSOs. Who knows!

At least the girls hadn't been exposed during an entire winter season, which would have made DNA more difficult to capture. DNA under finger nails, inside clothing (if sexually assaulted and redressed), hair, etc. If duct tape was used on girls would the skin cells from perp remain protected? i.e. perp had to tear and touch tape to place it.

If DNA was found at the scene then results may just be coming back from the lab. Most DNA lab results take forever. Also, I don't know how long it takes for a CODIS search on DNA. It's probably not as quickly as we see in the movies. I do know that race can be determined from DNA, and a search for familial matches already in the system can be searched for (ex. two male felons who are blood related or maybe one in system & the other is not).

Jumping off of threecrazykids......The retired police chief himself said that when E&L were abducted Klunder immediately came to his mind - yet he wasn't alarmed because he believed that he was still locked up.

Good gosh then log into your Iowa courts online! Education on how to search is invaluable. Invaluable...it could save your life somedays or solve a crime. hindsight..not blaming him but people need to know how to use their public information systems if available. Iowa has one. It's suffice. Certainly not Sunshine Law yet but I use it and I live in the southwest! Vinelink people. Vinelink. If you have it, use it. If an offender hasn't been sent to prison yet check your local county jail & local available court documents. I feel bad this guy admitted he didn't know or even thought about checking it. gah

The retired police chief himself said that when E&L were abducted Klunder immediately came to his mind - yet he wasn't alarmed because he believed that he was still locked up.

No matter if he is involved with the girls, he was one violent person. Not just Gansen and the two 3 year olds.

snipped from the article

Upon his release in February 1988 he lived in Mason City. Later that month he choked a woman who was able to escape from him.

In 1991 Gansen was working in a Mason City restaurant when Klunder entered the restaurant with a woman and child.

“I was the only waitress there, but it didn’t matter,” she recalled. “The minute I saw him I turned right around and left.”

It wasn’t long before Klunder hit the news again. Released in February 1991, he kidnapped two little girls in December that year. They were found alive in a Dumpster near Northwood. A week later he abducted and assaulted a 21-year-old Rudd woman.

Klunder fled the area but was apprehended in Houston, Texas. He was once again sent to prison and released in 2011.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ka...cle_f296ae5c-c4d1-11e2-859b-001a4bcf887a.html

That makes six females harmed by this Klunder & one of them is still missing sadly. (that is known) Not a long stretch to consider him a dead POI in the girl's murders. That would be 8 if he were connected.

Clearly a failure in the system to let this guy out knowing how violent he was. He fled the state before, he moved around to different towns. They have to investigate him. If they didn't and it's someone else, some defense lawyer would be sure to point that out as reasonable doubt if circumstantial evidence were all they had to go on charging someone else. jmo

I would have thought he would have been locked up as a habitual offender for life after being released in 1991 and then he goes and kidnaps two 3 years olds and assaults a 21 year old. What the heck is wrong with the Justice System in IOWA? He was a time bomb just waiting to happen at the expense of innocent people. Now we have another innocent teenager missing and more than likely murdered. You cannot rehabilitate RSO. That has been proven more than a 1000 times over.

Does anyone remember the name of the dating site that Lyric had registered on? I believe there was speculation that she was looking for a guy for her mom. I think she registered under the name Lyric Morrissey or something like that.

Does anyone remember the name of the dating site that Lyric had registered on? I believe there was speculation that she was looking for a guy for her mom. I think she registered under the name Lyric Morrissey or something like that.

Found it. Zoosk is the name of the site.

Still waiting for any info as to whether or not Klunder is involved in the Evansdale case.

I'm guessing as with everything else they may have to keep that information private. ;) you know they can't endanger the course of the investigation.

I'd be interested in knowing if TG remembers a red Tacoma while biking around that day in Evansdale.

I'd be interested in knowing if TG remembers a red Tacoma while biking around that day in Evansdale.

IF that was the vehicle he was driving at the time. :)

If it was NOT the vehicle he was driving - then finding out what he WAS driving at the time would be a good start if they have reason to believe he was involved.

Still waiting for any info as to whether or not Klunder is involved in the Evansdale case.

:waiting: I'm beginning to wonder if Klunder was sitting around waiting for DNA evidence from the Evansdale case to surface in April or May. April was 4 months from the time the girls' bodies were discovered and May would have been 5. I think we had discussed if they had gotten anything to put through "the system" from 7-Bridges we might end up getting some results in April or May. Here we are one day away from June. :please: Maybe we will get some answers next week, but not holding my breath. :pullhair:

I think Klunder had begun to feel safe, if he is the one who took poor Elizabeth and Lyric's life that fateful day in July, that he had gotten away with it as I know we sure were fretful that their case was growing colder by the day. I want to think it was driving him MORE crazy than us that LE was not giving any indication they had any clues in this case. I wonder if that is why he got sloppy with Kathlynn's and D's abduction attempt? Had he just started to stalk them because he felt he had gotten away with Lyric and Elizabeth's murders and thought he was "safe" and most definitely "smarter than LE."

I'm hoping he went a little stir crazy not being able to talk about Elizabeth and Lyric's case because I think he was following the story very closely in the media, just as we were. I think he probably had a morbid fascination with it. Maybe he even discussed it among his RSO buddies circle as I'm sure nobody from that circle would tell anyone if they felt he was a suspicious character involving the girls' deaths. How hard was it for him to bite his tongue and not occasionally drive into Evansdale to see if any locals had any updates on the case?? Or, maybe he didn't even have to drive into Evansdale, he just logged on to WebSleuths. ACK! :hills:

I think about the Cornbelt Auctions in Evansdale. Could this monster have been there the day girls went missing? I also think it is interesting that guy in the white van that the bolo was sent out about kind of looked like Klunder or at least so far in white male, dark hair. Makes me think LE COULD have had a physical description of the perp or it was basically just the white van that caused them to issue the bolo.

Oh well.... back to :lurk: and waiting :desert:

Just wanted to add how much it irks me that this CREEP had 20 years of nothing to do but sit around and study Iowa and maps, etc. I wonder if he had internet access in the clink?

How long did he court his current wife? It was a year from the time he was released until they were married in Florida. Surely the FIL was watching this guy. My apologies for my little rant against her the other day.... :blushing: Seems I'm always :footinmouth: I felt about the size a piss ant after I saw the little dog tied in front of her house and after reading 3CK's amazingly nice post. Thank you 3CK for keeping it real! It really doesn't make sense that these people have millions of dollars invested in their pig operation and their poor daughter has to live in a tiny little rundown house that you know MK had no intention of fixing up for her. Although I'm sure he made her lots of promises in the beginning. He had to have started showing his true self to her. God love her! I hope she will be okay. :facepalm: I can't imagine living with the :dervish: and not knowing it. She may have PTSD. Horrible, horrible man!

I know Boots it is so frustrating. So many questions and no answers.

I got on the Zoosk site to see if I could match any photos to this creep. But that site requires you to register, and there are a lot of creepy-looking men on there. A LOT! It is so disturbing to see so many creeps. I can't look at them anymore.

I got on the Zoosk site to see if I could match any photos to this creep. But that site requires you to register, and there are a lot of creepy-looking men on there. A LOT! It is so disturbing to see so many creeps. I can't look at them anymore.

How did you check out some pictures without registering? I tried and couldn't.

Hope the release next week happens.

I know, me too as I'm sure all of us. I just hope they don't clam up and we get nothing. This case has been a nightmare for me, I lay awake many nights thinking about it. My husband says I'm obsessed with the case, and I would have to agree. I feel like I knew Lyric and Elizabeth and my hearts hurts for their families. I just want them to have justice. I'm also hoping this Klunder isn't the guy only because I want the man who killed our girls to account for what he did, I want to see him suffer in prison for the rest of his life. I want to know why.

OT hi all sleuthers I just got my reg pc back last night. I was wondering if any on recalled the Google earth picture some one posted a while back showing a red truck at mayer's lake on july 13 2012 .It had a caption that said was this the truck that took our girls ? Does anyone remember that?

I had a copy of it and sent it to the tip line I sure hope they tune on it and take a second look ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph