Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WideOpen said:
Yes, I see her going for her jog, returning home for some HW, and then to her moms. No need to change prior because she had plans to eat at moms and shower at moms. IMO
jmo
Yes but then head back to boyfriends because she was watching the dogs
Or never made it to Mom's ...(Dogs were in basement when she left for Mom's)

So, we know she returned to the home b/c of the snapchat message to her BF.
Was it a message, or just a pic. , and if a brief message-- what did she say ?
Sorry if this was discussed; I'm so behind.

But, someone may have grabbed her before the dogs were let out of the basement ?
Like a crime of opportunity ?

Thinking out loud.
Thanks to everyone who have diligently posted timelines and maps.
Getting a 'Jennifer Kesse' feeling about this one. So sad for her loved ones !

I’m talking about doing it publicly, announcing it to the media and thus the world. I’m not talking about what they tell a potential suspect. I think I stated this pretty clearly.

I can think of one huge problem with announcing to the world that someone has been cleared--when in fact he hasn't been--you shut down the possibility of getting tips about him.

• Investigators are believed to have found evidence Mollie had been using her MacBook Pro laptop on the evening of July 18. Calderwood said that a look at the internet history suggested Mollie had been working on a homework assignment for her Roman Civilization class.
  • (respectfully snipped by me)

The wording is that investigators "are believed" to have found evidnce Mollie had been using her MacBook Pro. Believed by whom? Has LE stated that at any PC or is that something that a reporter "believed" and then printed? And didn't we read somewhere that the Pastor said he DIDN'T see her run past his house that night as she had done other nights? So if the neighbor saw her start out, but she never made it to the Pastor's house, which was her typical route, then that would mean something happened between her home and that area.

I was asking about person last spotted her jogging not BF but understand we can not sleuth until named POI.

I keep thinking about what the statement the Mom made in DM about MT not returning from run. I can't reconcile this idea with other limted information we have in terms of homework/working on computer. I also recall alot of discussion over the past few days about people being confused about MT run time only being 15 min vs her usual circuit of 45 min. Does anyone remember where we ended up on this confusion? Was the run cut short by weather, was the 15 min run time incorrect information or was she taken 15 min into run? I am quite confused about the issue of run and run/time, mother saying she didn't return from run and then working on computer later that evening. Lots to think about.

Hi Everyone,

We are not allowing discussions on people the police have cleared. This includes but is not limited to Mollie's brother and Mollie's boyfriend.

The last thing I want to do is issue time-outs but that is what is going to happen if people keep bringing up those who have been cleared.

Thanks,
Tricia

I can think of one huge problem with announcing to the world that someone has been cleared--when in fact he hasn't been--you shut down the possibility of getting tips about him.
Exactly. And you give the defense the gift of gifts to use against the prosecution. It would be disastrous.

FACTS:

In disappearances .. historically.... foul play/stanger abductions happen more frequently when the victim was last seen in public than last seen at home.

Foul play happens more frequently when the victim had intent get somewhere safely and the perp interferes between point A and B.

Suicides happen more frequently at home than in public. Males are more likely to comitt suicide than females who disappear.

Kidnappings happen more frequently by a parent/known person in a custody dispute than a complete stranger.

Females are more likely to get kidnapped by a complete stranger than males.

So, we know she returned to the home b/c of the snapchat message to her BF.
Was it a message, or just a pic. , and if a brief message-- what did she say ?
Sorry if this was discussed; I'm so behind.

Not necessarily. The BF said he couldn't say for sure that the snap came from his house.

My earlier post was long-winded lol. In short, perhaps she started on her run, remembered a HW deadline, circled back to do said HW while in running garb, then started out on run again--possibly to Mom's for dinner. Something would have happened the second time she set out. That would reconcile HW "later" that evening and running clothes missing, as well as a neighbor seeing her around 730. JMO

I agree. It’s really hard to speculate when there are certain details however that come forward. If the red shirt found is in fact Mollie’s how is this explained? Is she was truly logged onto her computer doing homework late in the evening on Wednesday, how is this explained. But then again the dogs in the basement and the wallet left at the house would make perfect sense! But you’re right, they only seem to mention the clothing she was last seen wearing and I haven’t found a site that says the clothes have been recovered. So we have more than one outfit missing????

I don't think we know for sure that there ever was a red shirt found or if that was FB rumor that the media has decided to run with for fear of not reporting something that later turns out to be true?

I hope LE has a better sense of all of this than we do. LE have only ever publicized the running clothing, I don't remember them mentioning the red shirt. Family mentioned the red shirt in the first few days but it seems to have dropped off being mentioned for about a week now?

I’m thinking she did homework around 530 when she was dropped off by her brother.

DJ also said they had been chatting back-and-forth that day. So maybe from 5:30 to 7:30 was when she was doing homework and on the computer.

7:30 was dinner time, no? The article about her mom said “And while the message was opened at 10pm - two and a half hours after Mollie set off on her run ...” So the run was at the same time as the dinner. And fitbit data said she only ran for around 15 minutes? (Where was this info published?) If true , that would be about the distance to her mom’s.

I asked for this information earlier but nobody has posted it. I'd like to see any documentation of LE officially ruling anybody out in this investigation.
Kriegel told ABC News that Jack's alibi was confirmed and he is not a suspect, and neither is his brother. Tibbetts' two brothers have also been cleared and are not suspects.

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member