Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she usually picked up her shared car the night before from her mom's house, wouldn't her car have been in the driveway during her first night alone in the house? I'm not sure whether that was reported...or that she normally picked it up the next morning.

She shared a car with her brother and he dropped her off at 5:30. She left for her run at 7:30. I think this is critical information, though, because my strong sense is that she was taken during travel between her BF's and her mother's home. When this happened, I'm not sure. Either she went straight to her mom's after her run, or she decided to stay at BF's and do homework, and went to her mom's in the morning.

It’s probably her podcast and it can be accessed anytime through iTunes etc.
Its not on iTunes or Podcast App right now. Looks like they are available after a couple days (most recent is 8/9/18 show).

She does state "Crime Stories with Nancy Grace on SiriusXM Triumph" after commercial breaks...

Hey all my daughter lives in Waterloo/Cedar Falls. Yesterday a UNI college student was followed around the Cedar Falls WalMart. The couple followed her to her car and asked how old she was and said they noticed from her car she was in college (followed from the time she got out of the car and walked into WalMart). They grabbed her arm and said “come on let’s have some fun” and the girl began to scream. The pair ran off as a concerned person walked towards the scene with the girl screaming.
I hope LE in Powesheik is aware of this.

I know if I run with headphones on my head is always on a swivel. It's just a habit I'm in. But I can see how it would be easy to not hear anything. I even look behind me alot. But I still think like many others. If she was taken...she knows who it is...or she left willingly...and that's what gives me hope that she's still ok.

Have your say: What happens at presser?

What happens at presser? - Poll Results

Not many of us expecting a major announcement. Poll results so far:

Major announcement (POI, charges, etc.): 2 votes (6%)
New clues (firmer timeline, searching for type of vehicle, etc.): 8 votes (24%)
"We've received thousands of tips and are working very hard.": 23 votes (68 %)
Postponed: 1 vote (3%)
I do think the presser will happen and I do think we will be given some relevant information that is not known to the public yet. We have already been told they have a good timeline and I think they will tell us what that is. I expect we will be told if they believe she was taken and if they have a POI.

Were Mollie's contact lenses found in the house?
Ist it known whether Mollie used to jog wearing her contact lenses?

We heard early on, from her bf's mother, that her glasses and contacts were in the house, and that her eyesight without them was bad. We haven't heard much, if anything, since then.

We don't know her jogging habits as far as I know, nor whether she was near-sighted or far-sighted.

Someone speculated recently that at first they were using "glasses and contacts in house", as proof that she had not packed to go somewhere and stay--a voluntary long-term disappearance. But, that whether she was wearing a disposable pair of contacts that evening was not really knowable.

Its not on iTunes or Podcast App right now. Looks like they are available after a couple days (most recent is 8/9/18 show).

She does state "Crime Stories with Nancy Grace on SiriusXM Triumph" after commercial breaks...
Probably in a few hours it will be up. It hasn’t updated on mine yet.

She shared a car with her brother and he dropped her off at 5:30. She left for her run at 7:30. I think this is critical information, though, because my strong sense is that she was taken during travel between her BF's and her mother's home. When this happened, I'm not sure. Either she went straight to her mom's after her run, or she decided to stay at BF's and do homework, and went to her mom's in the morning.
I'm so with you on this. If indeed she normally picked up the car in the evening, I would think she'd prefer to go straight to her Mom's while out jogging. Why go back to boyfriend's and then back out again. Plus, she may have wanted her car to be in the driveway while she was there alone. Not enough info to decide though, since she "may" have gone back and done homework after the jog. And she "may" have normally picked up car in the morning. Any info as to whether her car was with her the first night she stayed there alone?

I know if I run with headphones on my head is always on a swivel. It's just a habit I'm in. But I can see how it would be easy to not hear anything. I even look behind me alot. But I still think like many others. If she was taken...she knows who it is...or she left willingly...and that's what gives me hope that she's still ok.
Or what side of the road did she normally run on? Safety dictates that you run/walk facing traffic, though not all do.

Guys, on 7/21 the Sherriff’s call log says that they received a call for something recovered/found on Pershing Drive. The address is SO CLOSE to DJ’s house. Now that we have the info of where she was last seen, thanks to the poster who put the FBI missing info on here....do you think that’s a coincidence?

Edit: There’s also no responding Agency listed

I only use headphones on the treadmill in the gym. Outside, never.

I'm so with you on this. If indeed she normally picked up the car in the evening, I would think she'd prefer to go straight to her Mom's while out jogging. Why go back to boyfriend's and then back out again. Plus, she may have wanted her car to be in the driveway while she was there alone. Not enough info to decide though, since she "may" have gone back and done homework after the jog. And she "may" have normally picked up car in the morning. Any info as to whether her car was with her the first night she stayed there alone?
Her brother, who she shares the car with, had the car. He drove her to her to her bf's house that night around 5:30 and dropped her off.

Guys, on 7/21 the Sherriff’s call log says that they received a call for something recovered/found on Pershing Drive. The address is SO CLOSE to DJ’s house. Now that we have the info of where she was last seen, thanks to the poster who put the FBI missing info on here....do you think that’s a coincidence?

Edit: There’s also no responding Agency listed
Hope so, but they're probably getting tons of calls about people finding items that the finders think could be related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther