Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all my daughter lives in Waterloo/Cedar Falls. Yesterday a UNI college student was followed around the Cedar Falls WalMart. The couple followed her to her car and asked how old she was and said they noticed from her car she was in college (followed from the time she got out of the car and walked into WalMart). They grabbed her arm and said “come on let’s have some fun” and the girl began to scream. The pair ran off as a concerned person walked towards the scene with the girl screaming.
I hope LE in Powesheik is aware of this.
YIKES!!!!

Hey all my daughter lives in Waterloo/Cedar Falls. Yesterday a UNI college student was followed around the Cedar Falls WalMart. The couple followed her to her car and asked how old she was and said they noticed from her car she was in college (followed from the time she got out of the car and walked into WalMart). They grabbed her arm and said “come on let’s have some fun” and the girl began to scream. The pair ran off as a concerned person walked towards the scene with the girl screaming.
I hope LE in Powesheik is aware of this.

I saw that Facebook post (I'm originally from the Waterloo/CF area; I have family members who work at the CF WalMart). I've seen people calling her out for making the story up though - so I'm not sure it actually happened. There have been numerous reports of similar instances in Waterloo and Cedar Falls, some of which were verified to be false (police looked at security cameras and saw the person go in and out to their car with no such encounter). Not saying there haven't been legit situations, and this one may have been. Regardless, Walmart has a pretty good surveillance system in their parking lot, so if it actually happened, hopefully there's something on those cameras.

One of the thoughts I did have last night when watching the videos (thank you so much for those) of the drive through Brooklyn was the lack of a shoulder on some parts of the road (I couldn’t turn up the volume as hubby was asleep so if I missed any info there, sorry in advance) Hopefully, the path of her run had sidewalks. It somewhat reiterated my own thoughts that she may have been the victim of a hit and run and then panicked coverup.

RSBM: I thought this too but then I noticed at one point that the sidewalks are reeeeeally far away from the street-- like, way more than I've ever seen. Maybe this is a Midwest thing but I thought it strange. So if she was running on the sidewalk, probably (MOO) not a grab and go situation. But SharonNeedles mentioned in the video that she probably jogged in the street, so who really knows.

Most of the pressers to date have been held to raise awareness and to solicit tips; LE has remained tight lipped; LE has channeled information through Mollie's family in various interviews.
Hopefully LE will have something of substance to say today.

Mollie talked to her dad 3 hrs before she went missing? Normal or not that’s a LONG time to talk to your Father. Geez most men don’t like to talk more than 15min. I talk a lot on the phone but only time I talked 3 hours was when I met a new guy or was SERIOUSLY depressed or struggling with issues and had to be talked out of it. I can tell her and her Father have a tight loving relationship and are very close. She was her Dads best man at the wedding. I think Mollie might have suffered from depression perhaps even been suicidal inside at times and these were the reason for long calls when she talked to her Father. Sure some of you think 3 hours is normal phone conversation but you aren’t missing are you? I think this is telling. IMHO. I think RT is a good talker judging him from his interviews and wants her home so badly. I think there are answers in that 3 hr call he’s not letting out. There is still a stigma attached to mental illness and people like my parents in their generation don’t want to admit they have a family member that suffers from chronic depression, bi polar etc. they think it should stay within the family. I have friends that suffer with mental illness and are licensed psychologist and therapist what better therapist then someone who’s been there and suffers with it. MT talks about depression and looks very sad and lost in some of her twitter photos. I realize she’s in the field but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t suffer from it herself. Perhaps she’s seeking answers in her courses. Perhaps in that call she wanted to leave Brooklyn and was unhappy in her relationship, school etc. When I’m depresssed I put on a happy face to others to hide what I’m really feeling. Just because her friend said she was normal her happy self doesn’t mean she wasn’t faking it that day.

I can't believe we're 24 threads in now:( I really hope more information is released at the press conference today in order to help find Mollie. I'm trying to think of what the main purpose of the press conferences have been:
a. Get this out to in the public eye?
- At this point everyone in North America knows about this case
b. Put pressure on a perp?
- If this was the case, I don't think it worked otherwise we would have a POI or suspect by now I think
c. Reassure the public that LE is working tirelessly
- We know they are so no point in rehashing this

MOO!

Any other thoughts on the purpose of today's press conference?

Also, have there been anymore searches in the area? Do we have any verified insiders?

Thank you mods for your hard work!

Guys, on 7/21 the Sherriff’s call log says that they received a call for something recovered/found on Pershing Drive. The address is SO CLOSE to DJ’s house. Now that we have the info of where she was last seen, thanks to the poster who put the FBI missing info on here....do you think that’s a coincidence?

Edit: There’s also no responding Agency listed

I don't know. There was a vehicle theft reported the day before. Could that be it?

I've got 2 questions I can't answer for myself. I have tried before asking.

Why was she doing homework on summer break?

What does MOO mean?

I feel so sorry for her too. Like I said prior, everyone reacts differently. You couldn't keep me away but I know others that would curl up in a ball until it's over.
I wouldn’t be crawling in a hole and dying. I would likely be out there like others said scraping through every field on my hands and knees. But surely the search would not need my hysterics nor would they do any good. I once had to look for my oldest when she was 17 and decided to “go off on an adventure”. I found her myself but the in-between wasn’t anything someone watching news wanted or needed to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels