Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
That whole story has pretty much been dismissed as having nothing to do with this case, see the last thread if you are interested. I think you will find all the info you need.
Without a police report from November 14 2017 regarding a missing 12 year old in a pink coat, I can't dismiss it.

From what I heard from people from that area, it is small enough that everybody knows everybody. As for definitely noticing a strange car, I'm not totally convinced of that. Some people just don't pay attention. I couldn't even tell you what kind of car my neighbors have, and to me all minivans look the same. I just don't notice cars. So I do think it is possible this could be a stranger, I just feel it is more likely someone familiar with the area.

Police said that this is someone who knows the community. Therefore the abductor has been to Brooklyn in the past. Therefore, although the vehicle may not attract attention, that does not mean that Mollie knows this person.

I'm just going to throw this out there.....I do think most murders happen by someone the victim knows. I once knew a very dysfunctional family. (aren't we all really tho?) They had 5 children. 4 of the 5 children got seriously involved with drugs and alcohol. One day their 3 child was murdered. Turned out murdered by her college professor whom she didn't share his feelings for her. Go figure. But she knew him.

Each day I come home and check things and come to this thread hoping that there is some new news or new clues. Nearly every time I read I keep coming back to this being someone she knew.

I think this quote from LE could be interpreted in a different manner as well. I can easily substitute the words "at that time" with "evening hours" rather than "while jogging". ... "Molly was last seen jogging in the evening hours and there have been no credible sightings or communications from her since that time." So that time could mean a more generalized time of in the evening hours.

Yes!! I've been thinking the same thing and you said this perfectly.

If I'm on a lonely country road and a semi is behind me, I'm running full speed into the corn in a zig zag pattern! I'm going to be leary of a car, too. In my apartment complex, I'm constantly alerted whenever a car slows down next to me when I'm walking. I always forget that there is a stop sign in one spot, and every time I freak out for a second.
Yeah, reading these threads will do that to you.

I doubt they would reveal the picture of a vehicle unless they were pretty sure that was the car in question, and even then I'm not so sure. What would be great is if they had an image or partial image of the plates. It would be hard to go by just the vehicle and image of a suspicious driver, as it could be anybody. Unless what they saw was enough to ensure them this was the guy. But look at the case in Indiana. They have an actual image of the perp and they still can't find him.
In the case of Mickey Shunick, they did post a video of the white truck that was in the area she disappeared even though at the time they posted the video they didn't know for certain if it was involved in her disappearance. They called it a "vehicle of interest". In the end, it did turn out to belong to the man who intentionally hit her. Police ID Vehicles In Mickey Shunick Surveillance Video

No, not same type of evidence. We have absolutely no physical evidence that a crime even took place.

If the absence of Mollie is not evidence of a crime, are we assuming that she just ran off with a confused friend who is kindly taking care of her? Are we to believe that Mollie simply doesn't care enough about her family and friends to come forward, or is she being held against her will?

Brooklyn is not really “right off the interstate”. It’s a few miles up the road. People stop at the exit (TA Truck Stop) but don’t just wander north and stumble into Brooklyn.

That's a good thing. Fewer vehicles going from the Truck Stop to Brooklyn means it will be easier to identify a vehicle that didn't have a good reason to be in Brooklyn.

Good grief I hope you are kidding? That was in reference to a protective boyfriend.
Of course I am kidding!!! You mentioned you were a wise ( blank) so I thought I could. Yikes!! I totally get the protective boyfriend and actually imagined a foot ball player type as opposed to well, a dog! I cetainly hope you werent offended,sorry!

Last edited:
I gathered quotes and information about the five points on Mollie's map accompanied by links to the articles.

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

Who's the Best Carrier In Brooklyn? 20 People Agree It's This.

Otto’s map with cell towers

IA - IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
According to the government website dedicated to finding Tibbetts, the team of more than 40 investigators on the case are focusing on her boyfriend's home in Brooklyn, Iowa, a local car wash, a truck stop and two farms between three and six miles outside of Brooklyn.

Investigators focus search for Mollie Tibbetts

*Law enforcement is currently seeking additional witnesses and wants to speak to anyone who was in the areas indicated below on July 18, 2018 between the hours of 5PM and 10PM.

*Law enforcement is asking anyone in this area of 385th Avenue on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page.

Mollie Cecelia Tibbetts was last seen on July 18, 2018, running on Pershing Drive in Brooklyn, Iowa.

MOLLIE CECELIA TIBBETTS

Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel said a neighbor saw Tibbetts running at approximately 7:30 p.m. on July 18, and reported she was wearing gym shorts, a pink sports bra and running shoes.

Investigators focus search for Mollie Tibbetts

*Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the TA Truck Stop on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page.

1534260186292.jpg

Mollie Tibbetts search now focusing on car wash, truck stop and areas in and around Brooklyn, Iowa

*Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the D & M Car Wash on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page.

Mollie Tibbetts search now focusing on car wash, truck stop and areas in and around Brooklyn, Iowa

The owner of D &M car wash tells Channel 13's off camera, he gave surveillance video and credit card transactions from July 18th and July 19th to the FBI.

Officials Highlight “Areas of Concern” In Search for Mollie Tibbetts

8:30 p.m. Brooklyn man DR said he saw a woman jog past his home around this time that he later believed to be Tibbetts. When he realized what he had seen, he contacted authorities.

The latest on missing college student Mollie Tibbetts

Fox News has confirmed that police have taken copies of all surveillance tapes associated with Mollie's disappearance from Casey’s General Store.

Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance a 'total shock,' Iowa residents say

DCI agents were speaking to residents behind the car wash in video below:

KCCI

*Point 4 and 5 upper and lower right pink circle

"When her Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said."

Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of Iowa College Student Mollie Tibbetts

The other highlighted areas are in the vicinity of Tibbett's boyfriend's home, where she was staying at the time she vanished, and two sparsely-populated tracts of farmland only accessible by dirt roads.

One of the farm areas is right next to Big Bear Creek, a waterway that originates 20 miles northwest of Brooklyn, in Gilman. From Brooklyn, the creek runs another 20 miles Northeast to Marengo, where it empties into the Iowa River.

CBS affiliate KCCI-TV reports that the pig farm is near Guernsey, about 15 minutes from 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts' hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa.

Investigators search pig farm for missing Iowa college student; FBI gets new tip

There is a large police presence off of Highway 21 in Poweshiek County.

The police presence is between Guernsey and Deep River.

Investigators have told TV9 previously that they were confident on Tibbetts' digital footprint, but they did not release any information as to where that was.

Property owners: Police presence in Poweshiek County related to search for Mollie Tibbetts

I think it is significant that police want to talk to everyone who was in those five locations the evening that Mollie vanished, and not just someone who saw something unusual. The fact that they want to talk to everyone suggests to me that they are hoping to identify his vehicle by elimination process.

Has anyone noticed that our conversations here at WS have all shifted to a scenario where Mollie never returned from her run? I still believe she made it home from her run, and maybe that’s why I have problems with all this talk of how somebody could incapacitate her and snatch her off the street. Has anything yet contradicted earlier speculation that Mollie was in the house doing homework later in the evening?

clair_parker, that's what I was thinking. MAYBE the video cameras in front of the car wash caught MT on camera when she jogged by. MAYBE she did get abducted from the back of the car wash. MAYBE someone had already been watching her jogging routine the day before. OR MAYBE someone she knew called over to her and acted like they were having an emergency and her being the nice person that she is went to help them. MAYBE someone KNEW there were no cameras in the back (they may have scoped out all of this ahead of time--where the cameras were and whatnot) and figured that would be a perfect area to grab MT. MAYBE she was even jogging by the car wash (not necessarily near it) and as soon as she passed it someone came out of nowhere in their vehicle (which was hidden behind the car wash) and grabbed her. But then I would think LE would have seen their vehicle. Maybe LE did see their vehicle and that's also why they have the car wash marked on the map. But then I would THINK if they saw her vehicle they would have given the public a description of that vehicle by now. So the only thing I can think is they never saw that vehicle (maybe because that vehicle was parked in the back of the car wash hidden) and they only saw MT on the front video cameras as she jogged by (but they didn't see her jog by on her way back on the video cameras). This is all provided that there are no video cameras behind the car wash. JMO.
thanks str8nightowl! Glad you agree!

I still think it’s a serial killer-type who abducted her and killed her and hid the body. Probably end up a cold case.

The only thing I can’t figure out is how he managed to get rid of her phone signal and her fitbit so quickly. There had to have been a syringe involved somehow to tranquilize her immediately. That would give the perp time to crush the phone and the fitbit and dispose of them thoroughly. I’m guessing the final “ping” was probably where she was abducted. If drugged, the phone and fitbit could have been taken care of immediately. Actually, if crushed and totally broken, they wouldn’t have to be anywhere near the hog farm or anywhere else. The perp could have disposed of them pretty much anywhere...probably in water somewhere out of town.

Of course I am kidding!!! You mentioned you were a wise ( blank) so I thought I could. Yikes!! I totally get the protective boyfriend and actually imagined a foot ball player type as opposed to well, a dog!
Ahahahahahaha. All good. And yes of course ol’ “No-neck” the pitbull and ex football player turned cop was indeed a football player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member