Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. And yes, I realize how much corn there is. But even just searching the perimeter (maybe 30 feet deep) of fields nearby? But this is only feasible if volunteer help is allowed... and perhaps that isn't allowable?

I've never seen a corn field in person in my life - I don't think I have a true grasp of the actual size of these fields or the magnitude even of a scaled-back volunteer operation that would be needed to search them at that depth. I wonder if they could handle the logistics of it, even with the additional FBI support.

Is anyone else curious what the ‘criminal mischief’ call on 7/19/18 @ 00:35 (12:35am) at True Value turned out to be?
Also the traffic stop on 7/19/18 @ 2:35 am appears to be a Brooklyn call as Brady st and v18 road at both fall within Brooklyn but don’t intersect from what I can tell
Just something I question as I am a person that’s in bed at 9pm most nights.

Attachments

• 63E9B1DE-FF09-4E99-96FC-8D54ABF7AE52.jpeg
    63E9B1DE-FF09-4E99-96FC-8D54ABF7AE52.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 28
I am ungodly far behind but was curious if the news article about a hog farm being searched was accurate late yesterday ? Did anything come from that if it was accurate? I’ve been so busy last few days I can’t check in as much as I’d like but praying for mollie. I’m sure this outcome won’t be what anyone wants but I can’t help but pray she is found safe ...

I am ungodly far behind but was curious if the news article about a hog farm being searched was accurate late yesterday ? Did anything come from that if it was accurate? I’ve been so busy last few days I can’t check in as much as I’d like but praying for mollie. I’m sure this outcome won’t be what anyone wants but I can’t help but pray she is found safe ...
They searched 2 farms. It was accurate but nothing was found.

Just found these at my local Starbucks which is so crazy (but great) because I live over 5 hours away from her. This Starbucks is on the corner diagonal from Wrigley Field in Chicago which brings a TON of fans in here, both local and out of town, so her case is definitely reaching far. So cool!

Attachments

• C4C035E5-7227-4C49-8CB6-F7F41D25AAF1.jpeg
    C4C035E5-7227-4C49-8CB6-F7F41D25AAF1.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 32
There were some searches with volunteers done in the first day or so, and LE has searched some corn fields and related areas.

For nearly a week, dozens of volunteers in the small Iowa town of Brooklyn, population nearly 1,500, have been combing ditches, cornfields and empty buildings for any sign of the 20-year-old.

An Iowa college student went for a jog last week — and hasn’t been seen since

Volunteer searches for Tibbetts were called off this week as the FBI and state investigators took over, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation spokesman Mitch Mortvedt said Tuesday.

Dozens of volunteers in the town of about 1,500 had been searching fields around her house and the house where she was staying.

FBI joins search for missing University of Iowa student

re: cornfields. If perp carried a body into a cornfield, that's ~200lbs + 120lbs walking on 2 feet; likely to leave tracks entering the crusted over corn-field soil. And depending on how the body was carried--a fireman's carry might cause less corn-stalk damage--there could well be visible corn-stalk damage on the periphery of cornfield.

while walking every other row of a cornfield is a daunting task; walking--or even slowly riding an ATV--around the perimeter of cornfields, looking for tracks and bent corn-stalks is a much more doable task.

Is the Grinnell Regional Medical Center Day Camp that Mollie worked at within walking distance from the house where she was staying to care for the dogs? It would be good to know how she normally got to work, noting that the brother’s text Thurs morning was to ask if she needed a ride home, not TO work. (Still wondering if she could have gone missing early morning Thurs since that red shirt is unaccounted for.)

I've heard that it's about 15 mile to her work. The public hasn't been given the slightest idea of how she usually, or ever, got to work.

Early on, I figured that there was someone who would give her a ride, and that person must be a major suspect--and that was why we weren't hearing anything.

Lately, I've drifted toward thinking that she was abducted in the evening, perhaps on the way over to her mother's. :(

initial indications were that LE searched the 1st hog confinement based on fitbit data/pings. Uncertain if that was actually the case or, if it was the case, whether the first hog confinement was a terminal fitbit ping or just one ping along a fitbit trail LE was following.

The giant wind farm being constructed is very close to where law enforcement was searching two days ago. There are many men, who don't live in this area, driving in and out of there to work on this huge project. I hope the FBI has contacted the companies working on this huge project and are getting a list of their workers' names to check their criminal records.
http://poweshiekcounty.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/5-Figure-3-Wind-Turbine-Overview-C.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert