Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's excruciating to know Mollie was that close to the boyfriend's house when the unthinkable happened.

I refuse to believe she got in his car willingly. She was placed in the trunk. LE must have found some evidence on 385th Ave.?

There is no evidence that Mollie was shot. It is far more likely based on this guy’s account that he beat or strangled her to death. The photo of the guns on his Facebook was not his photo. I mentioned the Vanessa Marcotte case here several times, this crime was perpetrated in much the same way. A brazen blitz style attack.

I am shocked tho not as much as I could have been. I knew Mollie and her family didn't know her killer.
But IMO the killer "knows" someone that knew MT.
Dang it. I don't care for politics period.
He is under arrest. That's enough right now.
There may be further arrests.
Let's try and stay focused on justice as always.
For Mollie, her family and her boyfriend this afternoon/evening-
funeral-wreath-in-white-and-red.jpg

So they really did have nothing before this video was given to them a week ago. Wow. This easily could have gone cold without that good citizen turning his cameras over, he was on nobodies radar.

Some people suggested she couldn't be in a local cornfield because the buzzards would have given it away but that was always the most likely, unfortunately. Seems they knew about 5 days in the general area her body was because of her phone and fitbit but even then they couldn't find it. Tough conditions to search, so many hiding places.

My bet is he worked at one of the farms close by. There are many immigrants who work the farms in Iowa.

Okay, lets try to be clear and get some terminology straightened up. Virtually no "farms" in Iowa employ immigrant labor. Farm work in the Midwest is largely done by machines.

It's hog confinements specifically that employ a lot of immigrant labor.

I had her running route correct, at least the crucial part and did say she could have gone up Boundary St. Was wrong on some other “feelings” I had apparently and that has taught me to let my head rule from now on when looking at these cases on WS. I know that my feelings of sadness right now are real :((

Attachments

• 59E4588E-6491-4E99-8EA1-14B77E93F812.jpeg
    59E4588E-6491-4E99-8EA1-14B77E93F812.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 121
This is just heartbreaking and a reminder that no place is truly safe. I once stopped my truck at a closed (as in out of business) restaurant up in the mountains that had a pay phone (before cell days). Out of nowhere, this slightly drunk and sketchy looking guy comes towards me, eyeing me up and down and looking around to see if there was anyone around. There is NO one around. He stops and sees my Siberian husky in the cab. Shamu, being doofus dog, doesn't bark but just leans the front of his body out the open window. He said, "what kind of animal is that". I said "it's a WOLF!" and the guy took off running. But after that, I was always armed with something to defend myself with if I was out by myself.

Thank you, everyone, who contributed to exploring this case.

I am so sorry to hear the world lost Miss Mollie before her time. And I pray for peace and strength for all who loved her and have to push forward without her.

I'm also trying to continue to learn from this case. So many times, our minds (or at least my mind!) jumps to the movies and Law & Order type shows where calculated, mastermind criminals stake out people and stage elaborate cover-ups. Sometimes, in rare cases, this does happen in real life. But this one, again, tends to remind me to stick to the basic, simpler explanations. Grabbed up in a crime of opportunity by a person living locally (for 4-7 years) who appears to be at least a distant acquaintance. Hopefully what LE and others learn in cases like these continues to sharpen our skills so we have even better ways of supporting and seeking justice for others in the future.

PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING POLITICAL. DO NOT ALLUDE TO ANYTHING POLITICAL. NO DISCUSSION OFTHE UPCOMING ELECTION

WEBSLEUTHS WILL GO DOWN IN FLAMES IF WE TRY AND DISCUSS ANYTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS.

PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU, KEEP THE DISCUSSION ON THE CASE. NOT ON THE SUSPECTS STATUS AS A NON-US CITIZEN/ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.

TIMEOUTS WILL START IF THIS DOESN'T STOP.

THANK YOU,
Tricia

Indeed. Someone is dead in a case we hoped would've ended well. That's ALL that matters right now.

The reporter asking the question about what message would you tell women on how to keep themselves safe really bothers me.

The answer should have been, "teach your sons respect for women".

This is not about not teaching sons respect. He is a Predator. Anyone who hunts and chases his fleeing victim and throws her in a trunk is a PREDATOR.

Ok so looking at his facebook and the gun photo - (1) the photo has a date stamp of 2004 on there, so this perp would have been what? 10 years old at the time? and (b) the photo of the guns has a web address on the bottom.

I'm 2 pages behind on the thread, sorry if this is the thousandth time this has been mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57