Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

But only if turned on, right?

Jeng1810 likes this.

2. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

From my memory, the witness that placed her at the funeral home said it was around 5:30, since we know she wasn't dropped off at home by her brother until 5:30, I presume that person was remembering a different evening.

otto, Alethea and CheetosDust like this.
  3. Leney

Leney Well-Known Member

Especially if that information may tip off additional individuals LE may be investigating.
    I can think of a number of reasons why the least amount of information would be made available to the public.

4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

You’re right. There’s plenty of places that he could have cleaned up that don’t include the truck stop. We don’t know the specific circumstances in terms of places that he had access to, especially ones that afforded him the privacy to clean up with no one seeing him.

kotis, cody22, gliving and 4 others like this.
  5. rebel123

rebel123 Well-Known Member

Many thanks.

CheetosDust likes this.
  6. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

I was referring to people saying that these people get “free” housing. Nothing is free. I’m sorry it didn’t come across that way. I agree with your assessment of how these areas operate.

7. Al Hoffman

Al Hoffman For Ashley Andrews and Murray

According to the arrest warrant CR used his phone to guide himself out of the corn fields after disposing of the body, and lead LE to the body from memory.

oviedo, Followfacts, jillycat and 6 others like this.
  8. 1987

1987 Well-Known Member

I don't know, but maybe we are looking too hard at him cleaning up. IF a blow to the head had already killed her and he stabbed her after heart wasn't beating would it even be so messy to clean up? I know in a animal cutting into it after it is dead, like a deer, sure you get your hands messy but you don't have blood from head to toe.

leandjl, Jeng1810 and Mellowmelly like this.
  9. MsBetsy

I thought the neighbor just turned it over to LE. Also, red shirt has no relevance.

cody22, rebel123, Jax49 and 1 other person like this.
  10. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I was referring to the lineline as well, it could’ve been obtained from Rivera’s cellphone data and/or correlated to Mollie’s. After circling, then approaching her, any electronic data obtained from devices from both could be at the same location until he departed the cornfield.

I still do wonder if he had a full grasp of all the trackable features of a cellphone. I know college educated people who are absolutely content to use their cellphone for the basics and have either no clue or desire to change or personalize settings. So it might be so to someone with gr 7, an ESL farmworker and for example, that Find My Phone enabled was perceived as a benefit.

human likes this.
  11. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I don't believe he involved his family in this. His uncle said CR spent a lot of time at his home during family gatherings. I wonder if they live near where Mollie ran. As far as washing off blood. Farms have hoses to wash off dirt/blood/muck.

12. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

You are so right and we all do agree. There is absolutely nothing free in life. I often find myself using the word to mean "no extra money or charge" when in the real world it actually means "you already paid for it," lol. :confused:

13. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

Yes and I assume that he did not disable it until after he left her body (for lack of better words) because it pinged near the pig farm.

AnnaGrace likes this.
  14. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

The preliminary autopsy report says that cause of death appears to be stab type wounds. If they were able to make this determination, it’s likely that it was because they found no additional (fatal) injuries other than that. This would mean no skull fractures etc. But yeah, there would be significantly less blood if the victim was already dead.

cody22, gliving, AnaTeresa and 2 others like this.
  15. rebel123

rebel123 Well-Known Member

That's what I believe; but the police canvassing has also been stated.

Leney likes this.
  16. MsBetsy

I didnt know that! Scratch what I said about it then. Was just repeating what I heard, or read, rather. I thought he had to use his phone for directions to get to that location. Maybe I'm thinking to get to Brooklyn. Confusion is setting in.

17. Mellowmelly

Mellowmelly Well-Known Member

I think you are right, maybe the blood has to still be pumping around the body to get blood splatter. If that’s what happened then it would be a small consolation that she wouldn’t have felt it.

18. kpm

kpm ~ i am easily satisfied with the very best ~ wc

Sorry to be graphic but will a Fitbit ping if it’s on a dead body?

Wouldn’t that kinda be like sitting on a table?

human and Jeng1810 like this.
  19. Jeng1810

Jeng1810 Former Member

I was referring more to the phone. Fitbits as I understand don’t ping. Sorry for the confusion.

20. MsBetsy

Yeah, I guess. But every time I see the words multiple sharp force injuries I just think of someone in a frenzy stabbing over and over.

human and MassGuy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.