Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only gone a short while!!
But I am so HAPPY!!!!!!
Guilty!!!
BAM!
BAM!!
BAM!!!!
That judge didn't mess around did he? Jury comes in, he immediately asks the foreperson if he has a verdict, hand it to the court clerk, looks at it, has her read it, sets a sentence date, asks the lawyers if there is anything else, "no", court adjourned.

I did an actual happy dance Pommy!!!
t4525.gif
I'm so stinkin' relieved!!!

Thank God earthly justice will be served. His true punishment comes when this rapist/murderer dies. God bless you Mollie and may God grant her family and loved ones time to heal.

The prosecution did a fabulous job, in my opinion. Thank you all for being here supporting Mollie. Stay safe.

Even if he told his attorney's this story , I am wondering how much they believed it.
No kidding and at the very least they should be obligated due to his ex and daughter being in jeopardy. If 2 men really did what he said and he was arrested, don't you think they would be worried he'd start singing.

I think they had to allow him to testify. Every defendant has a right to defend themselves. Maybe they didn't want to influence his decision and left it up to him.
I think Mr. Frese alluded to this and that they had to do something because CBR had led the police to the body. And I would tend to agree. The neighborhood video is what broke the case for police, but it is really CBR that sunk his own ship.

That judge didn't mess around did he? Jury comes in, he immediately asks the foreperson if he has a verdict, hand it to the court clerk, looks at it, has her read it, sets a sentence date, asks the lawyers if there is anything else, "no", court adjourned.
Yes!!! I am so pleased!!!
It is truly a victory for Mollie!! May she rest in peace.

I never thought I would cry. But, it is such a release. I can't quite stop. So I'm going to allow myself to cry...

Like so many of you, I was here from the beginning. Justice was served today. And I feel good saying this!!!

Thank God. Just heard. So very sorry for what happened to Mollie. Nothing can be done to change what happened, but the guilty verdict keeps him from ever doing anything like this to someone else. Prayers to Mollie’s loved ones. Thanks to LE and attorneys. ❤️

Presser - Prosecutor:

Feel great - it's the right decision
The family is pleased with the verdict.

3 core elements of the case (car video, confession, and blood in the trunk) are why they prevailed.

Once CBR took the stand - they could discuss more of him leading them to the body.

They were NOT expecting CBR's story-- but not surprised he took the stand.

Attorney Scott Brown's eyes are full of tears while he's speaking... very human.

Investigators had no reason to collect buccal swabs from neighbors, non-suspects! They had the car video and changed the course.

Upset they were criticized for pulling in all resources from all agencies.

Attorneys have not slept all week during this trial. No slam dunks and always a concern for the family.

Sense of relief for all involved. It's been a long time coming.

Every case is a learning lesson. Mollie's case was 100% digital. Paperless trial (first for Brown).

Comment on defense wanting to appeal - Brown thinks CBR testifying removes some of the suppression evidence issues.

Dalton Jack's polygraph was deemed inconclusive. It meant nothing to them -- tests are not admissible in court for a reason.

Put it out of your mind: Dalton Jack did not commit this murder, period. (Brown is irritated now).
So happy, never had a moment's doubt.

May the Tibbetts family and loved ones, the community, and everyone whose lives were touched by Mollie find some kind of peace and bring some goodness into this world in her honor. I believe that's what she would have wanted.

Thank God earthly justice will be served. His true punishment comes when this rapist/murderer dies. God bless you Mollie and may God grant her family and loved ones time to heal.

The prosecution did a fabulous job, in my opinion. Thank you all for being hereS supporting Mollie. Stay safe.
Sorry, but I need to say I love your little dog!!

O/T
May 28, 2021, 8:50 PM CEST / Updated May 28, 2021, 8:58 PM CEST
Cristhian Bahena Rivera convicted of murdering Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts

Then, in a stunning move by the defense Wednesday, Rivera took the witness stand in his own defense and testified that two masked men were responsible for the crime but forced him to take part at gunpoint.
Chad and Jennifer Frese said their client told them about the masked men when they first met him nearly three years ago.

“He had never varied from that version of events, not one detail," Chad Frese said. "So we had to get something up there. We thought the jury needed to hear directly from him.”

It was.

It doesn't sound like the Freses advised their client NOT to take the stand and spin that ridiculous tale, though. Why not?? Why would they allow him to do that?
Because on appeal maybe? If she claims they wouldn't let him testify and he had a different story? I mean how else could they suggest what he got up there and said without him personally saying it? It's because they don't believe it. If they believed it, the opening statement would have included it, the closing would have included it. They would have been screaming it loud and clear that 2 men forced him and threatened him.

I think Mr. Frese alluded to this and that they had to do something because CBR had led the police to the body. And I would tend to agree. The neighborhood video is what broke the case for police, but it is really CBR that sunk his own ship.
Were his attorneys legally obligated to report this story to law enforcement in 2018 when they say they heard it? I’m speaking from the safety of the community. If they were informed of two men that killed somebody aren’t they supposed to report the crime?

I have lost a son. I wish Mollie’s parents a truly deep full breath for the first time since That Day.

I wish Mollie a sky full of hand-crafted stars just for her tonight, with the most amazing view.
I hope my son gives her flowers and takes her to a truly Heavenly dinner.

Those are my mother thoughts as Justice, to the extent that there ever really is any, is finally delivered.
Your beautiful wishes brought tears to my eyes. I could picture what you were wishing. Thank you!

I understand you sentiment. But I do also agree with the comment "there are no winners today." Justice is served for sure. But tonight Mollie's mom and dad cry for their lost daughter who will never come home. Somewhere in Mexico and mother and father will cry for their son who will never come home and will spend the rest of his life in prison, and in Iowa there is a 5 year old little girl whose dad will never be there for her. The devastation of a crime like this is massive.

I absolutely agree with you. While he is getting what he deserves, my heart hurts for his family today, too.

Thank God! Im so pleased and I just heard it on the radio too! I had to skip ahead to see the end and will now go back and read. My thoughts are with Mollie's family and I hope this gives them some form of comfort and peace. Rest in peace now, sweet, beautiful girl.

I understand you sentiment. But I do also agree with the comment "there are no winners today." Justice is served for sure. But tonight Mollie's mom and dad cry for their lost daughter who will never come home. Somewhere in Mexico and mother and father will cry for their son who will never come home and will spend the rest of his life in prison, and in Iowa there is a 5 year old little girl whose dad will never be there for her. The devastation of a crime like this is massive.

Your post/response is 100% true. The ripple effect is massive and isn’t going away anytime soon.

However…the one person responsible for the whole thing….nodded his head. Without a tear, without a word, or even a facial expression. I dont think anyone could convince me he cares….even for his own families feelings. CBR only cares about CBR. That came through today loud and clear if we all were questioning it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa