Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search continues for missing Montezuma boy
Search continues for missing Montezuma boy - Radio Iowa

“What we concluded thus far is that it could probably be one of four avenues,” according to Mortvedt, “it could be a walk-away or runaway situation. Whether he was somewhere and had a horrible accident and we have not been able to locate him. Or it could be criminal. With the criminal element and the Amber Alert in Iowa, his disappearance thus far has not met the criteria for an Amber Alert in Iowa.”

There really isn’t much concrete evidence in this case. What is known for sure:
Reported missing on Thursday by a family friend, not the mom.

that’s really the only thing certain that is known. We don’t know for sure that he was riding a bike.

reading messages on Facebook makes me very uncomfortable.

Iowa boy, Xavier Harrelson,11, missing since Thursday.

The same day Mollie Tibbetts killer was convicted.

She also went missing in rural Poweshiek County about 3-years ago.

Mass searches have been suspended for now.

His family decline to talk with us. @CBSNews

E20RA8EWYAE7oTS.jpg E20RA8GX0Ac7XmM.jpg

https://twitter.com/CharlieDeMar/status/1399793777351536650 (4h ago)

NEW: The FBI is joining the search for 11-year-old Xavior Harrelson. Harrelson has been missing since Thursday.

An FBI spokesperson says the agency is offering whatever resources they can, but can't give specifics on what resources are being used. @KCRG

E20toB1XIAUoTkw.jpg

https://twitter.com/EthanSteinTV/status/1399825227937456129

Iowa Division of Criminal investigation agents say Xavior Harrelson’s disappearance is not connected to the body of a boy found in Las Vegas. @KCCINews

https://twitter.com/LTerrellKCCI/status/1399828166915543049

Authorities re-evaluating search for missing 11-year-old from Montezuma (bbm)

[...]

Mitch Mortvedt, assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, said Xavior left his home in the Spruce Village Mobile Home Park and has not been seen since. The boy’s mother thought Xavior had gone out to play with friends, he said.

[...]

“All we really know for sure right now is that Xavior was reported missing on Thursday and we know what he was possibly wearing when he left the house,” Mortvedt said. “Other than that, we don’t know anything for sure.”

It’s not clear whether Xavior wandered off and got lost after he left his house, ran away or was taken, Mortvedt added.

“It’s certainly suspicious that he seems to have just disappeared and no one has seen him,” he said. “But there is no evidence that is definitively pushing the needle one way or another. There is nothing to indicate that his disappearance was criminal, though we are certainly looking at that angle.”

[...]

“Right now, all we can do is keep looking, keep examining leads and keep following up on any information that we get,” Mortvedt said. “I feel confident that we have thoroughly searched all the areas where he was likely to go or be found, so now it’s time to move on to other parts of the investigation — re-examining leads, developing new information and identifying areas outside of those we’ve already searched.”

[...]

“We’re talking about a young kid with few resources and likely few survival skills, so every hour, every day that goes by is more worrisome,” Mortvedt said.

MAY 30, 2021
Xavior Harrelson: Public search Sunday in Montezuma for missing 10-year-old boy (press-citizen.com)
[...]

DCI Assistant Director Mitch Mortvedt said areas around the family's home would be searched Sunday. About 375 volunteers and 125 law enforcement officers and first responders gathered at the school around 9 a.m. Sunday and were being bussed to the search locations.

65de88f2-c3b1-4efb-84e4-239842e8e45a-search_01.jpg

Hundreds join search for Xavior Harrelson Sunday | Local News | oskaloosa.com
[...]

The search area has expanded from a half-mile from Harrelson's home to a one-mile radius on Sunday. Law enforcement spent the first three days of their investigation searching areas around town as well as Diamond Lake.

Investigators have located “nothing of value” so far in their search efforts which led them to expand the search area, said Mitch Mortvedt, the assistant director of the Iowa DCI.

“We’re going to systematically search in a grid pattern with all of these volunteers,” Mortvedt said.

[...]

Mortvedt said law enforcement is limited to information it can release, but he told media on Sunday the law enforcement don't have "solid information" whether Harrelson left his home on a bike. He said there are not currently any persons of interest in the disappearance.

[...]
DCI and the FBI need to really focus on the 2 men on the Iowa sex offender registry that both have charges involving male children. Perhaps one of them lives very close to the Harrelson''s trailer. Both men reside in the same trailer park on the same street. SLC and JDS. SLC needs to be served a search warrant for sure. I hope the authorities don't sleep on this...they already have for this long. WAKE UP

Last edited by a moderator:
Took me a while to find it!

Hundreds join search for Xavior Harrelson Sunday

"Mortvedt said law enforcement is limited on the information it can release, but he told media on Sunday that law enforcement doesn't have "solid information" whether Harrelson left his home on a bike. He said there are not currently any persons of interest in the disappearance."

Thank you so much!! I keep seeing things and wish i had grabbed a link or screenshot here and there!

Thanks for sharing...the one important take away from the interviews is that the Mom is disabled and Xavior is basically her caregiver so he usually stayed close to home.
Yes, you think so as well ?

Not saying he neglected his duties for his mom and ran away.
But it's a lot of responsibility for an 11 year-old. :(
Imo.

Maybe it was too much for him. That is a lot of responsibility for such a young kid.

He probably wrestled with some guilt, for feeling some resentment about his situation---it is a hard situation for a kid, who sees his friends playing and care free...

Thanks for sharing...the one important take away from the interviews is that the Mom is disabled and Xavior is basically her caregiver so he usually stayed close to home.
Yes, you think so as well ?

Not saying he neglected his duties for his mom and ran away.
But it's a lot of responsibility for an 11 year-old. :(
Imo.
I think it also lends itself to the idea that mom may have not been involved, at least in a nefarious way, in his disappearance. I know we often look to the family or those closest to the child first when they go missing.

I think it also lends itself to the idea that mom may have not been involved, at least in a nefarious way, in his disappearance. I know we often look to the family or those closest to the child first when they go missing.

But is there a boyfriend in the picture?

JUN 1, 2021
FBI joins search for Xavior Harrelson | KGAN (cbs2iowa.com)
“He was always outside, I'd say at least by 9 o'clock. Riding his bike or just walking in the area,” neighbor KK told CBS affiliate KCCI. “That's about the time he'd start playing with my daughter, and i never seen him that morning. That struck me as odd."

Authorities told Iowa’s News Now they aren’t ruling out any scenarios at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname