ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to misquote or misinterpret what CNN had to say so I would appreciate if anyone else watched the show to confirm but they said that during surveillance of the parents home the FBI observed BK cleaning the inside and outside of the Elantra while wearing latex gloves. They also said that they observed BK walking over to the neighbors garbage can at 4am to dispose of a bag of garbage.

Mostly correct.

A law enforcement source told CNN Kohberger “cleaned his car, inside and outside, not missing an inch.”

The source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, also said Kohberger was seen multiple times outside his family’s Pennsylvania home wearing surgical gloves.
The source said in one instance prior to the suspect’s arrest, Kohberger was observed by authorities leaving his Pennsylvania family home around 4 a.m. and putting garbage bags in the neighbors’ garbage bins.

And agents were then able to recover the garbage both from the Kohberger family’s trash bins and what was observed being placed into the neighbors’ bins, the law enforcement source said.

I wonder when BK moved to Pullman? He had to have almost immediately fixated on the house/occupant(s). I don’t know how far in advance someone would move when they go to college (I got my degree strictly through adult ed courses), but WSU started 8/22 and he was pulled over near the house the night BEFORE class even started, 8/21. Since he’s not from the area to know about the house’s reputation, I am assuming that the target would have been one or more of the residents and not the house itself. So not only did he have to have time to fixate on someone, but he also had to have time to find out where she/they lived, before class even started. IMO.

Maybe I'm reading map wrong but it appears there is a tower smack dab in middle of University of Idaho campus, which is where King house was.
I don't see a tower on this particular map. I would think there would be one on campus however. The site says only FCC towers available. I had tried upload a screenshot from my computer, but WS is being real slow right now!

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, I apologise if it.
IMO, I feel it is almost definite that some of Murphy's hair will be found in his car or apartment. Dog hairs get everywhere, probably all over the floor, and the beds. He would more than likely have tracked some on his shoes, then into his car, then into his home.
Now that, on top of what they already have would lock and load the case down. JMO
I have a Labradoodle... now she is spoiled but I should struggle to find any of her hair in my house unless right after her grooming, even then hardly any. They just dont shed like a lot of doggos

Perhaps in some states, not here in NY. Driver’s licenses are tied to your birthday, but the vehicle registration definitely is not.
Yep...we went over this several pages back...I had no idea about car registrations and Bday, so weird

Wow. How frustrating that they had to watch him cleaning the car and couldn't do anything about it. I wonder if they videotaped it. JMO.
Oh Im sure they went and collected the contents of the garbage and the contents of the vacuum as soon as he pull away from the car wash, he did they hard part for the FBI in a way

This is something that bothers me. Why would he leave the sheath? It is not like it fell and was out of site under the bed or under the covers. It was right there on top next to the victim. Most people I know with knives either have their sheath on their belt or clipped to a pocket - but they always put the knife in the sheath when they are done. It is a habit, especially with a big knife. Just strange to me that he would carry his knife out without it. JMO

Probably not used to carrying and using a knife, as a grad student they are more bookworm types. Might have been the first time using it out of his house? Killing all those people and some fighting him would have thrown off his plans... I am sure he went there to kill a specific person and it escalated as he encountered them.

BK was not a Ph.D. candidate. He was admitted into a Ph.D. program.

Advancing to candidacy is a major step in all doctoral programs and universities are judged, in part, by the rigor of that process. Some universities have a coursework-only process (where I teach right now does this); but highly ranked universities often require more units of coursework, a lengthy process for dissertation approval that involves out-of-department ethical review, and...the dreaded doctoral orals.

When all this occurs, the person is "Advanced to Candidacy which roughly means "can operate outside of direct supervision as long as they follow the plan and check in every X number of months or weeks."

When a person advances to candidacy, major academic publications may publish a short piece from that person OR lower prestige institutions may offer employment and treat the person almost as if they have a doctorate (except for pay - although many places have a column for ABD (all but dissertation = advanced to candidacy at last).

AFAIK, WSU has a version of this process.

IMO. MOO.
I was in a "highly ranked" program. It took me a year to write the proposal for the dissertation, then a proposal meeting with the committee (which included 3 people with national reputations plus a 4th who was both THE expert in my methodology and a university press editor. Then a full day of written exams and a day of orals.

Then, yippee. I was a candidate.

Mostly correct.

A law enforcement source told CNN Kohberger “cleaned his car, inside and outside, not missing an inch.”

The source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, also said Kohberger was seen multiple times outside his family’s Pennsylvania home wearing surgical gloves.
The source said in one instance prior to the suspect’s arrest, Kohberger was observed by authorities leaving his Pennsylvania family home around 4 a.m. and putting garbage bags in the neighbors’ garbage bins.

And agents were then able to recover the garbage both from the Kohberger family’s trash bins and what was observed being placed into the neighbors’ bins, the law enforcement source said.
Thanks so much !

Mostly correct.

Hopefully the vacuum bag too, MOO

I'm sorry, but IMO this is completely implausible.

If there were a "real killer who knew BK," is it your impression that this "real killer" said to Bryan "Hey Bryan, just put your finger here for a second, on the button of this knife sheath, which I will then take with me into the house while you wait in the car?"

IMO the obvious is the obvious.

Bryan's car circulated around that house that night, as did Bryan's phone, and his DNA was found on the weapon used to murder these kids.

It's just straightforward.

Jmo
Also, I do believe that this sort of DNA is even better than blood as it is made up of skin cells. I read this once somewhere. Just a thought, however.

LE saw BK clean his car inside and out, had surgical gloves on, then threw out garbage in neighbors trash at 4:00 am.....they got matching DNA from dad from family garbage and they now are matching BK DNA they got at family house to other DNA.
His car did need a clean after that long trip. Everyone was posting about how dirty it was.

I clean my car with gloves on - nitrile gloves. And I throw my garbage out at 4AM, not in my neighbors garbage, but I do have neighbors that have thrown their small trash bags in my receptacle if it is out by the curb. JMO

edit: corrected spelling of receptacle lol

Last edited:
Post in thread 'ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53' ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

So I am asked how I think DNA on the sheath is a weak place.

Oh, I am positive it was his DNA. Question about how it got there and why nowhere else in the house given the (predicted) bloodless of the scene. Just one print.

First, the sheath could have been planted by the real killer who knew BK.

As to the rest... BK might have been waiting in the car near the house for his dealer, for example.

The witness who puts someone with "bushy eyebrows" on this place I would not consider reliable.

The car movements and the phone "behavior" are more reliable.
So the person who hypothetically planted the DNA on the sheath and left it at the crime scene also had a role in the incriminating car video and cell phone locations that points to BK?

I feel that all of this easily ties in to one person and trying to fit parts of it onto an unknown person is a stretch. JMO.

I am wondering if some sort of packet of data originating from his home in the days he was there got delayed in cyberspace on its way to the tower or had bounced back to the tower and still had the I'd indicating it came from his phone. Sort of how, when one sends an email and it doesn't arrive at it's destination, there are rare occasions when it suddenly will arrive hours or even days later. Just a guess...
That's gonna be fun explaining in court, if it's brought up. IMO

I'm hoping you mean 'X' and not 'DM'....according to affidavit, those actions are attributed to 'X'.
Well, please enlighten me. Who was up and witnessed BK in the hallway and what were they doing while they were up to hear voices and sounds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member