ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
BK's eyes look blue in some photos taken when he was being transported. Kind of gray in some photos. Brown in some. Maybe he has hazel eyes and change colors. My husband's eyes turn very green when he wears green, but are mostly hazel. My 12 year old nephew has blue eyes til a few years ago, now his eyes also change according to what he is wearing - blue when wearing blue, sometimes brown or grey or hazel.
Blue:

Brown:

It has to do with the light shining on his eyes. He has very deep set eyes (as do I), and my eyes do the same thing. They look blue if I am looking into the light, but if the light is behind me or my brow casts shadow on my eyes then they look dark.

Where is the empathy for this tragic situation. We can not accuse people by casting them as devils. I see it more of a mentally unstable young man with a less mature perspective of himself. I see that he was teased and this was more of the same to the reported teasing he received in highschool "get away creep". He has seemed to retain his awkward behavior and remain persistent in being able to more forward for himself. Of course with the demons of his past on his shoulder egging him on to seek revenge the next time the situation fits. It becomes a negatively associated strength as he may seek solutions over time in his consciousness. He then, finally acts out.

Empathy for the torture the child he was was exposed to. It does not excuse his behavior but relates to the tragedy to humanity.
My empathy lies solely with the victims and their families. The moment this monster deprived four people of their lives is when he lost all empathy (at least from me).

According to the CDC, 22.2% of 12-19 year olds in the US are considered to be obese. So, let's say that all of those kids were "bullied" as well. Did 22.2% grow up to commit such a heinous crime? I doubt it very much. For the record, I've always been skinny and I was teased for it as a child and all through high school. Kids can be real jerks! And those kids sometimes grow up to be real jerks as adults, too. Most do not commit murder, though.

And, as far as being teased by girls who said "get away creep," they had every right to do so. If someone is bothering you, you have the right to tell them to leave you alone. We cannot teach our youth to not speak up for themselves for fear of creating a future killer! I should add that I am also saying it's not OK to be cruel to someone, but to stand your ground is perfectly justified.

There is a Johnson, ID about 2 hours drive from Moscow. I did initially think they meant Johnson, WA as well but given the missing time between pings it's plausible that he drove to the Idaho one.

Do you have a link to a Johnson, Idaho? I know if you enter Johnson Idaho into Google Maps, it points to something but it's just a road with the name Johnson in it.

There's no town or city in Idaho named Johnson in any list I can find.

List of cities in Idaho - Wikipedia

Unincorporated communities in Idaho - Wikipedia

Cities | Idaho.gov

I believe it is a result of his internal conflict, resolve to not be the victim. He didn't just choose his actions casually as a good idea. This was the result of many years of studying this type of crime and resolving his own victimization. He resolved that his actions where appropriate to satisfy a personal self image, a desire, a belief, and then actions to obtain what he felt was needed. To him, this was progress. No matter how distorted it may be, to him, it was an appropriate response to something either in his months in Idaho or in how he was formed when exposed to the environment he lived in. It is not clear to me how he chose Washington. But here we are. How do we do better.
I tend to believe he began to dwell on murder and it became an obsession to the point where nothing short of actually playing it out in real time would quell it.

This may be off-topic but I feel like we should just call him Bryan or BK. He seems to idolize BTK, and giving him the moniker BCK would give him exactly what he wants and feed his ego. But worse, it may encourage some troubled teen whose initials are BDK or BPK. We do not need more monsters in this world. I also dislike the media showing his evil face. I really don't want to look at him. Anyone agree?
I'm pretty sure part of WebSleuths rules/suggestions is to use initials when discussing cases.

What we perceive as a lack of critical thinking skills may be a direct result of his underestimation of the small town MPD's ability to investigate and garner the investigative support of the ISP and FBI in such a timely fashion. His interaction with the officer that gave him the seat belt ticket may have unduly caused him to believe the entire police force was not up to his intelligence level.
jmo
This possibility may be echoed in BK applying for an internship last Fall with the Pullman WA PD -- stating in his application that he could be: "...assisting rural LE agencies with how better to....":

"He submitted his application to the police department at some point during the fall semester, when he took his first semester of classes at WSU after graduating from DeSales University with a master’s degree in psychology and cloud-based forensics in June 2022.

"Kohberger wrote in his essay he had interest in assisting rural law enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze technological data in public safety operations," an arrest affidavit states."

Idaho murders: Bryan Kohberger applied for internship at Pullman Police Department in fall 2022

Wonder if BK felt like he needed to branch out from his studies and interning with LE was a good stepping stone.

Wonder if LE responded in any way.

JMO

Yes, respectfully, it all depends on how the person is formed and how they resolved their issues. I suggest that what we know is that BK had responded by also becoming a bully. Responded by resolving to be a bit less empathetic toward people. Resolving by thinking through how he may one day respond to a similar situation. He may not realized why he was a strong candidate to study criminology but his strengths from resolving his own torture could subconsciously lead him in the direction he choose without resolving his closely held issues. If there are issues where a person is constantly thinking back to their early years where their may be a feeling of helplessness all it may take is a suggestion that a knifing would an appropriate response. It must be clear that the person of BK thinking his highly distorted at this point. Many people are like animals ready to explode under the right situation. That is what jails do, hold those that just have been utterly destroyed away from society.
I think torture is a strong word. He seems to come from a caring family per his father willing/wanting to drive cross country with him. There are countless number of people who grow up with unpleasant school experiences and don’t resort to violence. I feel it’s an oversimplification to assert bullying being a significant contributing factor. We don’t know what he is, but there are those that are born this way and not made. MOO

To me all the scenarios are unlikely. That he left it intentionally, that it was left to frame him, that it was left by accident. All strike me as plausible, but all almost equally unlikely. Occam's razor doesn't know where to slice.

I know most people will think it was just an accident, but for anyone, let alone a guy with a Masters degree in Criminology, to make such a monumental blunder, just seems as unlikely as the rest.

One thing I'm certain of - LE didn't place it there. Beyond that, I'm mystified.

JMHO
Does a true dedicated vegan carry, wear or use leather? IMO, the sheath was left as a possible "couldn't have been me because I wouldn't use anything leather".

jmo

Just seeing if anyone else has checked into this but it’s pretty hard to find many cameras that record sound 50 ft away. It would have to be a totl camera. Ring cameras only record like 10 ft.
I've been questioning that myself. I can't imagine how many neighbors in my apartment building could hear my every sound if they could record from a distance of 50 feet.

To me all the scenarios are unlikely. That he left it intentionally, that it was left to frame him, that it was left by accident. All strike me as plausible, but all almost equally unlikely. Occam's razor doesn't know where to slice.

I know most people will think it was just an accident, but for anyone, let alone a guy with a Masters degree in Criminology, to make such a monumental blunder, just seems as unlikely as the rest.

One thing I'm certain of - LE didn't place it there. Beyond that, I'm mystified.

JMHO
MOO Bounced out of his clothing while killing. up stairs. He missed noticing that it had.

My empathy lies solely with the victims and their families. The moment this monster deprived four people of their lives is when he lost all empathy (at least from me).

According to the CDC, 22.2% of 12-19 year olds in the US are considered to be obese. So, let's say that all of those kids were "bullied" as well. Did 22.2% grow up to commit such a heinous crime? I doubt it very much. For the record, I've always been skinny and I was teased for it as a child and all through high school. Kids can be real jerks! And those kids sometimes grow up to be real jerks as adults, too. Most do not commit murder, though.

And, as far as being teased by girls who said "get away creep," they had every right to do so. If someone is bothering you, you have the right to tell them to leave you alone. We cannot teach our youth to not speak up for themselves for fear of creating a future killer! I should add that I am also saying it's not OK to be cruel to someone, but to stand your ground is perfectly justified.
Teasing someone in that way as described in some of those reports is never ok. That is my opinion. You don't have to have any empathy for BK, that is your right. But you seem to be saying it ok for some young people, social awkward, to be teased. That is not ok.

You mean was he framed?

I guess it's possible. Or, maybe he wanted to make it look as though he was framed.
BK will almost have to claim some kind of frame up. He has to have a way to explain why his DNA was found at the crime scene on the knife sheath. JMO.

Reactions: GRT
Do you have a link to a Johnson, Idaho? I know if you enter Johnson Idaho into Google Maps, it points to something but it's just a road with the name Johnson in it.

There's no town or city in Idaho named Johnson in any list I can find.

List of cities in Idaho - Wikipedia

Unincorporated communities in Idaho - Wikipedia

Cities | Idaho.gov
It's the same thing with Blaine, ID. They are on the map, and referred to in the PCA, but there's really no town there. Maybe former town locations (like old mining towns), or is in reference to where the cell towers are? I'm curious about this too.

JMHO
IMO it could be as simple as he left the knife sheath there (by accident in the heat of the moment, or on purpose as a symbol of something) and in either case wasn't super worried because he had kept it "clean" and just didn't realize there was a smidge of his DNA on it.

Possible scenarios for the DNA getting on the snap of the sheath unintentionally are endless, IMO.

For example he always kept it in plastic since purchase/obtaining it, and only took it out to commit the murders when he had gloves on, and had to touch the snap/button to open it, and a smidge of his DNA was on the gloves he wore and it got transferred to the sheath.

JMOO

Teasing someone in that way as described in some of those reports is never ok. That is my opinion. You don't have to have any empathy for BK, that is your right. But you seem to be saying it ok for some young people, social awkward, to be teased. That is not ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500