ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said they needed it on one of the interviews, I thought? They need for linking to him, specifically, if I remember. Or they just have circumstantial case.
Gotcha. I wouldn't think they'd need it with DNA evidence but, then again, maybe the DNA evidence they have might leave room for reasonable doubt, considering this guy's knowledge of criminal justice.

I certainly can't blame the prosecutor for wanting to fill every gap that could make a jury 2nd guess whether he is guilty or not.

I'm going to hazard a guess. If LE were tipped off that KB was a suspect before he left WA-ID, it's possible they got a judge to allow them to plant a recording device on the car. It could also have happened somewhere along the route from origin to Indiana. They could have done it while the car was parked at a restaurant or motel. Having the ISP pull the car over a couple of times may have been an attempt to get KB upset so that he would start talking in the car, possibly admitting his crime to his dad or other pertinent information.

JMO
Very interesting. I have no idea but it sounds like it would have been a great idea. It will be interesting to learn more about what was done while following him in the days prior.

I'm going to hazard a guess. If LE were tipped off that KB was a suspect before he left WA-ID, it's possible they got a judge to allow them to plant a recording device on the car. It could also have happened somewhere along the route from origin to Indiana. They could have done it while the car was parked at a restaurant or motel. Having the ISP pull the car over a couple of times may have been an attempt to get KB upset so that he would start talking in the car, possibly admitting his crime to his dad or other pertinent information.

JMO
Maybe ISP pulled them over just to get a better look at the inside of the car and its occupants.

Does anyone know if BK’s public defender in Idaho has been assigned to him? I’d be curious to know if LeBar is in communication with the lawyer who will be representing him the rest of the case?

I don't, but just as I was going to bed last night, a local from Idaho posted that in a death penalty case, the public defender must be a "death penalty certified" public defender (something like that) and that the defendant must have TWO such public defenders.

Apparently Latah County has zero such public defenders. This means some major reassignments of public defenders (from Boise County?) That is, if they decide to go for the death penalty and there is a trial. Surely they will initially file the case requesting the death penalty, as I believe Idaho citizens would expect that (I'm guessing more than half the nation expects it).

I'd love to hear more about this, will try to research.

Yes. Notice that none of the questions have anything to do with concern about apprehension.

If I were to guess, he wasn't trying to commit the perfect crime (without getting caught). He wanted to experience this act in its entirety...and either didn't care about the ramifications, or didn't think about them. In my mind, I'm comparing this to his ability to lose 80 lbs in one summer. Determined. Obsessive. Etc.

Moo....and I'm probably wrong.
I agree with you... I think he needed to know how it feels to commit a crime of this magnitude and the consequences were overshadowed by this need...
I'm also wondering: a couple of his questions are about the immediate aftermath:
Before leaving, is there anything else you did?
How did you leave the scene?
Is something he did the reason the 911 call was delayed and friends called to the scene? I just feel that there is something more than just the victims... Just my thoughts...

there have been a lot of theories posted on this thread and those of yesterday. The only one I can sympathize with is that he, or his parents, wanted use of the car for the time he would be back there. Also I wonder if he wanted to get rid of the car back east, I think his family member would have had to sign to sell it(?) Some posters think it natural that a parent would want to spend 4-5 days in the car, in the winter, with the son. But if it were my own trip, I would have just done it myself.

Maybe BCK is used to having others make decisions for him.
I wonder if BK refuses to fly? Maybe a phobia?

I think some are giving him way too much credit
He had a rep of a guy who is rude to women and has a temper Fox 29 Philly
He drove a white car at night around the crime scene to case it out, and was seen
He drove this white car past home cameras and gas station cameras
He left his DNA at the crime scene
He lived 10 min away
He drove this same car on campus

He left a series of ’research’ questions to help him ’learn’ how to do crime? Weird

He got caught because he left a wake of evidence, despite having degrees in CJ?

I’m guessing there is also phone pings and digital footprint evidence, and then he likely went to the restaurant or bars where these girls went so he was seen and known to be a jerk.

He is not some criminal mastermind like so many are thinking
I think he was tipped in by a classmate or prof

JMO
I am 100% in agreement with you on this. I’m not seeing criminal mastermind, I’mseeing weird kid with a serious crime fetish who got his feeling hurt by a pretty girl and blew up. Weak-minded, loner headcase yes, criminal mastermind, no, in my opinion.

IMO whether they screamed or not doesn't have anything to do with the prosecution of this case. Perhaps the surviving roommates did hear a scream, they apparently didn't call the police. The fact is the offender was able to murder four people and no one knew anything about it until the first call to 911 the next day.
I understand it has nothing to do with the prosecution of the case per se, but it is important to try and understand how he committed this horrendous crime- the prosecution will have to explain the elements of these murders to the jury or the judge.

Under the car hood ?
I’d really stick it into a dishwasher among cutlery, pots and pans and leave for a while. But might not work for Brian with OCD. However, washing it in a dishwasher he could, I wonder if any victims’ DNA could be left in his dishwasher? Or, I could put it among scissors for manicure and grooming - as if used to clean under the nails. Or if he has any Halloween theme items stored, among Halloween costumes. Or if there is a car set, to fix something if it breaks, maybe there. Or among papers and opened envelopes, like a letter-opener.

Unless he wore a respirator. There are half & full face mask reusable respirators that are readily available to the public along with different air intake cartridge filters for a wide variety of airborne substances. The whole setup costing ~$200.
North® 5400 Full-Face Respirators in Stock - Uline
North® Respirator Cartridge/Filter Combos in Stock - Uline
That is possible, but the general rule is keep it simple. If you're right LE can possibly trace a purchase of that equipment to him. Also, they could trace the purchase of the debilitating substance some posters think he may have used. IMO he attacked blitz style and no one a chance to scream. The body goes into shock and normal reactions aren't possible or expected when in a state of shock.

Hey folks,

We aren't here to trash the heck out of a poem someone wrote. If you wish to discuss the poem, please simply discuss it in the context of how it may relate directly to the case at hand.

On another note, we appreciate members keeping on eye on the posts and alerting us to what they think could be violations of TOS, but please remember there is a difference between discussing what is in MSM vs actual sleuthing of family members.

If there is something in MSM about a friend or family member or whoever .. it is fine to discuss what is said in MSM about them or what they say in MSM. That is simply discussion and members are allowed to offer their speculative opinion about that content. By contrast, sleuthing is going beyond what in said in MSM and digging up other information about that person (i.e. addresses, where they work, what they do, driver's licence, background information, etc) when they are not a POI or suspect. THAT is what is not allowed under TOS.

Any questions, please use the Report feature to jump off any post and ask away.

Thanks.

As far as I know, the police have not said exactly how they determined a 2011-13 Elantra was what they are looking for (video? Photo? Tip? Something else?) And we do not know how BKs car may differ from a stock Elantra. Say for example the hubcaps aren't right - maybe BK replaced the hubcaps at some point with aftermarket hubcaps that resemble earlier models.

IMO it's not a serious error if there is other evidence tying him to the crime. But I do think this concern over the potential error and what it means proves that the police would not put out erroneous info on purpose to trick the POI because it just raises doubts.

MOO

there have been a lot of theories posted on this thread and those of yesterday. The only one I can sympathize with is that he, or his parents, wanted use of the car for the time he would be back there. Also I wonder if he wanted to get rid of the car back east, I think his family member would have had to sign to sell it(?) Some posters think it natural that a parent would want to spend 4-5 days in the car, in the winter, with the son. But if it were my own trip, I would have just done it myself.

Maybe BCK is used to being pampered.
As a parent with kids who were away-from home for school-IMO & MOO- if they were only coming home for break and planning to return-I’d fly them home. Because otherwise you have yet another road trip back and then again after the following semester. If they still plan to use the car away at school it’s a ton of miles added to the vehicle, along with multiple flights. To do that and at the same time say you can’t afford a lawyer seems a bit off. (I get lawyers are a bit more expensive but think of each school year with each semester-it adds up if this is the practice)
We have done some excessive things for our kids in the past in order for us to not staying awake nights worrying, but this seems a bit odd to me. Seems much easier to fly him home. I would think they knew something was up or he told them something was wrong with the car, if it weren’t for the PA lawyer stating this was planned in advance. Question is -has this even been verified or is he just going with that?

Do we think BK knew there were 2 living downstairs? If he did know, why leave them alone?
I think he absolutely knew, and he knew the layout of the house as well from either attending a party or as simply as the properties rental ads that were still available online, IMO this was planned.

I dont think he had any intention of killing the first floor girls, nor do I think he planned on killing E and X, they were collateral damage because they heard/saw him.

I also think possibly that he didn't intend to kill both girls on the third floor, but they were in the same bed together when he breached the bedroom. Just my guess is that he had one target, more than likely K and his plan snowballed of of control for a quick kill and easy get away. I also surmise he chose the date because K was there and was about to leave indefinitely and a knife as a weapon for no other reason was that its quite. Again this is all speculation and just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I think some are giving him way too much credit
He had a rep of a guy who is rude to women and has a temper Fox 29 Philly
He drove a white car at night around the crime scene to case it out, and was seen
He drove this white car past home cameras and gas station cameras
He left his DNA at the crime scene
He lived 10 min away
He drove this same car on campus

He left a series of ’research’ questions to help him ’learn’ how to do crime? Weird

He got caught because he left a wake of evidence, despite having degrees in CJ?

I’m guessing there is also phone pings and digital footprint evidence, and then he likely went to the restaurant or bars where these girls went so he was seen and known to be a jerk.

He is not some criminal mastermind like so many are thinking
I think he was tipped in by a classmate or prof

JMO
I am 100% in agreement with you on this. I’m not seeing criminal mastermind, I’m seeing weird kid with a serious crime fetish who got his feelings hurt by a pretty girl and blew up. The only question in my mind is how long he stewed over it. Weak-minded, loner headcase yes, criminal mastermind, no, in my opinion.

I think he absolutely knew, and he knew the layout of the house as well from either attending a party or as simply as the properties rental ads that were still available online, IMO this was planned.

I dont think he had any intention of killing the first floor girls, nor do I think he planned on killing E and X, they were collateral damage because they heard/saw him.

I also think possibly that he didn't intend to kill both girls on the third floor, but they were in the same bed together when he breached the bedroom. Just my guess is that he had one target, more than likely K and his plan snowballed of of control for a quick kill and easy get away. I also surmise he chose the date because K was there and was about to leave indefinitely and a knife as a weapon for no other reason was that its quite. Again this is all speculation and just my thoughts.

Question for all you fellow sleuthers...do you think this story would have received near the amount press and LE envelopment if just one of these kids would have been murdered instead of a mass killing? I personally do not... Im not suggesting that he necessarily would have gotten away with it, but I doubt the man power searching for him would have been anywhere near as intensive.

I agree very much with your thought process - mass murder of four young college students is bound to get lots more attention than the murder of one person.

I don't, but just as I was going to bed last night, a local from Idaho posted that in a death penalty case, the public defender must be a "death penalty certified" public defender (something like that) and that the defendant must have TWO such public defenders.

Apparently Latah County has zero such public defenders. This means some major reassignments of public defenders (from Boise County?) That is, if they decide to go for the death penalty and there is a trial. Surely they will initially file the case requesting the death penalty, as I believe Idaho citizens would expect that (I'm guessing more than half the nation expects it).

I'd love to hear more about this, will try to research.
Thank you!! Yes please do because I’m very curious how they are handling this on the legal side.

I am rarely caught up enough to post on this tread but here I am. I keep having this thought.....if LE was on to BK before the cross country road trip with dad, how sure could they be that dad was safe? I keep getting the heebeegeebies thinking about them in aI hotel together. I mean....I know it is his dad but kids do bad things to their parents.
it just all sits bad with me. MOO but I am guessing the 2 stops by LE on the way were welfare checks? But how could that ensure dad's safety? I literally get creeped out thinking of his dad sleeping next to him in a hotel room. Yikes. MOO
I keep thinking this too, not just the dad, buy EVERYONE around him during his cross country road trip. Imagine sleeping in the motel room next to him?? FBI would have to be watching him like a hawk no?? I don't know what kind of surveillance he was under or when it started... I can't wait to hear tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther