ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time since I’ve posted on these forums but have been following this case. So based on the below, do they believe there was a connection between BK and the victim(s)? Or do they mean a connection to the crime scene (via DNA)?
AA PCA Involved the defendants connection and to the scene of the crime of 4 murders. DA said he can't speak to it specifically, but that it was enough in his opinion to support the 3 arrest warrants.

There is definitely a lot more to this that isn't obvious to me yet-

They knew to follow him but didn't have enough to arrest him. If they had had a familial tree that included him from GED and knew he owned a white Elantra he would have been under arrest.

If they didn't have the tree constructed yet then how did they know to devote the resources to follow him?
I imagine they had suspect dna, which they matched to a familial tree to which Bryan would belong. Bryan is THE suspect but they still need to secure dna directly from him to confirm it’s a match to suspects dna.

PA is a commonwealth state , he has the make model color car and lived 9 miles from the king house . They were going to get the warrant. I need a link to the special circumstances if that is something you are claiming is a fact. Pretty sure the warrant part is the easiest. It the before and after that are the hardest.IMO

The link is the press conference they just had.

He will likely feel like his knowledge is superior to hers. But then, he’d likely feel that way with any attorney IMO.
What makes you thinking this? He seem to work well with his lawyer at PA.

Good job, Indiana State Trooper!!

JMVHO.
Wow, so he was pulled over "minutes before" for speeding (and given a ticket?) & then "minutes later" was pulled over for "following too closely" (and given a verbal warning). Dude must have been in a hurry or flurry of worry to be driving like that. And yes, the car is filthy looking, IMO

This doesn’t come across as a “coincidental”pull over by police. Something in the officer’s voice leads me to think this was very intentional and that officer was well aware of who was in that car! MOO
To me it appears totally casual and in fact rather friendly. Police would never approach someone they suspected of murdering four, in such an easy going fashion imo. They would be on high alert.

Bruises would be long gone by now. (As they fade, they appear more yellow rather than black and blue in any case). He has no facial scars.
Given all his research he probably was covered head to toe in thick clothing/gloves etc and given the alleged killer’s size & the way the knife used to kill them, they probably were unable to put up much of a fight - add to this the time that has passed, I am not surprised he is not showing or did not show any wounds/scars.

Last edited:
Well, the first "folk" to "insert" BTK into this case was Bryan Kohberger himself, by studying with the nation's leading expert on BTK and taking a real interest in the topic.

I have infinite admiration and sympathy for BTK's daughter, who then spoke out and WANTED to be heard, as a victim of a serial killer through family connections. She reminds us that the victims in this case may include siblings or parents of the killer. It's part of her own recovery and it's a well known treatment for trauma (to compare traumas, revisit them, speak out publicly as part of healing). Lyman Smith (victim of GSK/EARONS) has a daughter who did the same (and IIRC, actually came on WS to help with the re-trauma of JDeAngelo being caught).

For those of us with C-PTSD, it's often important to speak about what helps us cope and many, many people with an interest in crime are actually trauma victims.

We the public did not "insert" BTK's daughter into this case. She is a lovely and intelligent person with a good deal to say about the now region-wide fright and trauma that this case caused. Trust me, there are people feeling very frightened by this case (which I don't think is unreasonable) and the daughter's words about healing and re-visiting of trauma are important and helpful.
IMO. Thank you.

The LE was talking too fast and BK's voice was too faint for me to really hear much without doing a full-on transcription, but I swear I heard BK say "WSU".

If he knew WA/ID LE were looking for an Elantra, would he have volunteered that he was coming from that vicinity?

Then I heard the cop say "Trooper?" with a question mark, and then a moment later I heard "County". My interpretation: I'm guessing that this was the 2nd stop by law enforcement (assuming BK didn't invent the first stop) and that BK mentioned the earlier stop to this cop, who questioned the earlier stop having been made by one of their ISP troopers, and then they must have established that the first stop was made by a County Sheriff's Deputy rather than an ISP trooper.

All MOO and speculation, based on what I think I heard during a single playing of this video. Subject to change :cool:
This traffic stop was on December 15. The same day there had been a SWAT standoff in Pullman WA.
BK’s Dad was telling the officer that his son went to school in Pullman where that happened.
Not sure how the subject was brought up though.

To me it appears totally casual and in fact rather friendly. Police would never approach someone they suspected of murdering four, in such an easy going fashion imo. They would be on high alert.
Yes the cop was very relaxed/jokey even re comment about scared of planes - unless just well trained not to cause any suspicion he was under surveillance?

Given there was so much made of looking for that car too, or maybe they wanted to ‘spook’ him so he might do something like dispose of evidence when home, but not make it seem obvious they had eyes on him.

The perp walk? There's always an entry that protects court goers from media view. So this video says a lot about what they think about him.
I have seen privacy provided for the jury . I have seen inmates being brought into the courthouse in private entrances for court hearings ,etc, but the fist arrest during a hot case is called the perp walk. Its the first time, normally they confront the media after plans a ,b and c fell to *advertiser censored* and their right to freedom is up for debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member