ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, a couple of days ago, before we received further information, I also thought and posted that it might be some kind of ruse & that Indiana was ' in the know' but since we got all that extra information it feels distinctly unlikely

I think it's unlikely there was any systematic instructions to stop a particular white Elantra. I don't think it's unlikely that individual patrolman might have heard about a white Elantra - from Washington/Idaho.

However, I do wonder if Patrolman #1 called his supervisor and let them know he'd stopped such a car. All of that can happen without any particular briefing of ISP or ISP being "in the know."

Haven’t been able to keep up with the last 2 threads - is there going to be a hearing to unseal it now that there’s a gag order in place on the case? or it’s looking likely to be unsealed once he has finally arrived and booked in to Idaho and formally charged etc?

The gag order doesn't prohibit the release of unsealed court documents. A few days ago the prosecutor said that once BK is in Latah county and has been served with the arrest warrant, the probable cause affidavit may be unsealed and released. (at 8:59 in the below video). Unless a motion is filed to keep it sealed, I don't see why there would be a need for a hearing. JMO.

Check out the pics ... you can see the aircraft Kohberger and the PA law enforcement officials are traveling in -- a 2015 fixed-wing, single-engine Pilatus that seats 11 ... and which we've learned is actually owned and operated by the Pennsylvania State Police.

Eyewitnesses tell us the plane appeared to be getting refueled ... while Kohberger appeared to be taking a whiz inside. During this period, we're told the entire airport was placed on lockdown -- with everyone being evacuated, including employees -- while he was in there.

A few minutes later, our sources tell us Kohberger was led back to the plane ... and they took off without incident. If you're wondering why this plane needed to refuel on a flight that typically takes around 4 hours ... well, it has to do with the capabilities of this particular aircraft and the length of this journey. The Pilatus can go about 1,700 nautical miles on a single tank.

Knots is based on latitude and longitude. The number of miles between degrees of longitude varies. Closest at the poles where they converge at almost zero and furthest at the equator where they are almost 70 miles. At 40 degrees, they are 53 miles apart.
Knots is a measure of speed and can be in reference to the ground or in reference to air. Not dependent on Lat and Long.

As an Australian, your air traffic volume gives me anxiety I didn’t know was possible!!

Also, I’m SHOCKED that this flight is able to be tracked. I know others have said all flights are trackable in the States, but over here I live under a flight path near an international airport in a major city and have several flights in any given day fly over that do. It show on the radar. I would’ve thought the US of all places would have the ability to not share the tracking info of certain flights.
US made a requirement to share all flight data after 911. This is the issue that Elon Musk has been fighting.

Maybe the University guilty or not, were really glad to have an excuse to get rid of him ASAP. He might have been too hard to deal with and they didn't know it at the time they took him on. Jmo imo

I already pointed out that he successfully completed his first semester and was enrolled for the spring semester. So, academically, he was performing well, otherwise he would not enroll to the next stage of his education.

You say may be he was difficult? I, for once, am not in position to know if he was difficult or not.

As a genral observation, if we only educate non-difficult people, 90% of the world population would be illiterate.

So, the reason must be something else. I wonder what that might be.

What time should I be looking at for Idaho, top or bottom?

Attachments

• FCCF0DB6-7987-4BE9-9047-0892353F3CDC.jpeg
    FCCF0DB6-7987-4BE9-9047-0892353F3CDC.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 31
Being on a PhD program, he is a student, he is epployed as TA only because he is a student.

They stroke him off as a student, the discussion is only about that.

To be honest, I am not aware if at-will employment is apllicable at universities, they usually have very specific own rules, kind of authonomy.
I have a family member currently in a PhD program. He recieves a bi-monthly stipend and is considered an employee. He had a TA position early on, and now is paid for research and receives a tuition waiver. His Lab also receives outside funding from a beneficiery of the research. He is in the sciences. This is also the same for a Godchild of mine at another university. As an employee, he would be subject to whatever established guidelines are at that University for employees, not students.

Besides, LE says they tracked him on the drive from WA to PA. That must mean they attached a tracking device to BCK's vehicle while he/it was still in Washington state. No way would LE attempt to follow him across country in an unmarked vehicle and expect to be successful, especially since he was pulled over twice in Indiana for traffic violations. That would have messed up any cars following BCK. They would have had to pull over, too. Talk about cover being blown!
Can someone direct me to where LE (or even MSM) said that LE tracked him on the drive from WA to PA? I don't mean where MSM said that LE tracked him to PA but where LE said, in effect, "We had him when he left WA, we monitored him along the way (by whatever means) and we had him when he arrived". Thanks.

One would think Indiana LE would be aware of a White Elantra wanted in Idaho that could be connected to a mass murder, regardless of the auto’s year of manufacture or if it had tinted windows or not. The car had Washington plates (maybe geography wasn’t PO best subject), it was right there in front of LE and the only concern was for BK following too closely??? Wonder if anyone was reprimanded for that show of excellence???

That's a lot of officers in Indiana. Pretty tall order to expect 100% of them to know about the case...let alone details. When they are likely dealing with a lot of in state issues, priorities, cases, BOLOs, and issues in adjacent states.

Simply not tenable.

I think people in the true crime community sometimes mix up their perception of things with those of more casual observers. 1 person out of my entire family get together of 20+ people knew about the case. A major case unit detective uncle in a big northeast city barely knew any details and wasn't aware of what car they were looking for.

Jmo imo, I bet this little hearing won't be done tonight and probably cause released until after his defense sees it. Won't be out right away especially if defense wants it sealed or redacted. Can they do that seal the whole probably cause? Anyone know please? Thanks
Apparently he already has Idaho counsel. So they would already have all of this. He must be given an initial appearance within 24 hours or as soon as practical. So he will have that court appearance this evening or first thing in the morning. I'm sure the Latah Sheriff's Office, District Attorney and Court are figuring that all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz