ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO he was talking about this photo that’s been in several news stories (the bed shown in the upstairs bedroom - presumably Kaylee’s).

View attachment 384298

btw any idea which night that photo was taken? 14th or later

edited

just to say that I've edited the first sentence of the post because Steve isn't explicitly saying that the Coroner shared a photo with him. I just went back to read his comments again, he says ' Coroner shared a bunch ....'

Last edited:
"It definitely helped them, I know, the behavior footprint afterwards. It definitely helped get some more things in the works"

"I do have some inkling, that there was some behavior difference, I call them a footprint, when you commit a crime, you do different behaviors"

Behavior of her or someone she knew?
"Behavior of the victims"

Yeah I've listened to it a few times and it's impossible to infer anything meaningful.
During the memorial on Wed eve, one of the networks had a body language/behavioral analysis team of talking heads as guests where they were asked how difficult it would be for LE to be looking for the perp at the memorial held on campus or future funerals.

IMO, I think SG is hearing from several PI's and others hoping to market their worth to him by planting their opinions about where they think LE is at in the investigation. Unfortunately, I think some of these bugs in SG's ears are coming out as the word salad we're seeing with the media.

Heartbreaking, really. Who would want to be in his position... o_O

if true - I know you prefaced that with IMO but - that means he's just blamed the Coroner for doing something she might not have done?

He didn’t say the coroner showed him the photo. He said the coroner had given details also which they did, coroner said they were likely attacked as they slept, he knew K didn’t sleep in her bed because of the photo, therefore knew she was in Ms bed. - at no point did he say the coroner showed him any photos.

if true - I know you prefaced that with IMO but - that means he's just blamed the Coroner for doing something she might not have done?

No I think the coroner did tell him and that’s what he was saying. But I imagine he feels bad about letting that slip and was trying to say that people would have known anyways if they had seen that photo and the made bed, so it wasn’t a big deal that he let it slip.

That was my interpretation but it’s hard to say for certain exactly what he meant.

IMO he was talking about this photo that’s been in several news stories (the bed shown in the upstairs bedroom - presumably Kaylee’s).

View attachment 384298

Is it just me ? I don't see a fully made up bed in this picture ? I can only see a portion ?

During the memorial on Wed eve, one of the networks had a body language/behavioral analysis team of talking heads as guests where they were asked how difficult it would be for LE to be looking for the perp at the memorial held on campus or future funerals.

IMO, I think SG is hearing from several PI's and others hoping to market their worth to him by planting their opinions about where they think LE is at in the investigation. Unfortunately, I think some of these bugs in SG's ears are coming out as the word salad we're seeing with the media.

Heartbreaking, really. Who would want to be in his position... o_O
It's so vague and contradictory to be meaningless.

Maybe Kaylee had blocked someone on her WhatsApp and socials, then that person texted her on the morning of the Sunday like "Hey. How are you?" trying to seem friendly.

I respect Mr Goncalves immensely. I'm not sure I'd able to do media interviews and public speechs etc. Perhaps it's cathartic. Also he feels proactive in finding the killer.

It seemed like he wanted to tell us something important but wasn't able to

He didn’t say the coroner showed him the photo. He said the coroner had given details also which they did, coroner said they were likely attacked as they slept, he knew K didn’t sleep in her bed because of the photo, therefore knew she was in Ms bed. - at no point did he say the coroner showed him any photos.
I heard him distinctly say the coroner shared photos - seems to be pretty much the same thing but I will back track when I am done with this thread and re - listen. I could be msitaken IMO

edited

just to say that I've edited the first sentence of the post because Steve isn't explicitly saying that the Coroner shared a photo with him. I just went back to read his comments again, he says ' Coroner shared a bunch ....'
It was the 14th. This photo is also in the photo thread linked on the first page of this thread and the caption states it was taken the 14th.

Living or was at the house when the killings were carried out?
I went back to listen again. Blitzer stand-in said investigators now believe a sixth person was "living" there but was not present during the crimes. It was several sentences almost at the end of the broadcast after an update on the murders, no elaboration, and the Blitzer stand-in looked shocked. I can't find anything on Google or on CNN but there may be more by the time Erin Burnett finishes. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me ? I don't see a fully made up bed in this picture ? I can only see a portion ?
same

the photo only shows a small portion of the room so I'm not certain that I would have definitely been able to say the bed was made and that 100% no attack took place there

( I only started following the WS threads at number 16 so it's the first time have seen this photo but iirc, K had a large bedroom and an attack could have taken place outside of that photo frame )

Steve must be putting this photo together what what he feels the Coroner told him ( see Emerald's posts)

MOO: The idea that someone, especially E&X, saw something and the murder was committed to avoid consequences is not bad in itself, but imo it mainly does not match the weapon choice nor the crime scene. I think that would allign better with a fast, clean kill, not excessive stabbing.

There is no reason to assume E fighting the prep, other than some cognitive bias via internalized sexism, imo. All victimes were told to be "likely asleep" and the only one who has been mentioned to have defensive wounds was X.

MOO: I'd say B by far on the first (perp knowing the victim), followed by some combination of C-A-J (perp not knowing the victim at all or at least not notably well) and K) was planned to be SA, but changed into murder (perp somewhat knowing the victim, inc stalker etc)

Some people have commented on my remark interpreting that as insensitive. I'm sorry about that. MOO: I get the probable emotional reasoning behind the dad mentioning them sleeping in the same bed. I just wanted to be as neutral/factual as possible and leave the door open for the not-really-probable options like maybe LE told him to include that bit of info, either because it was not true or because it was connected to the presumed motive, because they knew the prep would be at the vigil and wanted to observe his reaction. Extremely unlikely, I know. There could also be other unlikely reasons, like doing in in spite of the PD etc.

MOO: a killer like that might have no empathic feelings towards the suffering of his victims. That does not mean, that he has no feelings. Especially, someone who has taken such an extreme measure like killing someone, moreover killing 4 people over no obvious motive, is probably very emotional in a way. Mainly, very sensitive to not getting his way. So if the walls start closing in... they refuse to deal with the consequences. Some even write a trashy-novel-style fake cover story in their suicide letter. Look at Brian Laundrie.

G) Mental illness involving paranoia (See Donald Lunde's excellent book, Murder and Madness)
H) Mental illness involving delusions
I) Shared social setting (such as a local hang-out) where conflict between perp and one or more victims had occurred
J) There's a grievance collector in the area who also fits DSM criteria for disordered thinking

I don't think the parents' drug debts exist or have anything to do with this, so I'm using E as only student drug debt.

There can be more than one cause and usually is. While the actions of psychopaths may appear random to outsiders, they rarely are (again, Lunde's book is quite illuminating on this topic).
K) EC was the target ... Jealous frat brother? Girls were collateral damage?

In fact....i am starting to think that should be explored more.

Yeah i'm still wondering who took that pic and where (I don't think it was that apt building near 1122)

and...what's this 6th roommate?
I believe the pic was taken here. When you walk out the front of the house, it’s between 1122 and the sigma chi frat house.
The steps, layout colour etc. of this apartment block matches the photo from IG IMO.

Attachments

• 6B708217-D66A-42C1-A39C-7937CA776ED3.jpeg
    6B708217-D66A-42C1-A39C-7937CA776ED3.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 77263C0B-9445-4670-8A00-9AA254C58355.jpeg
    77263C0B-9445-4670-8A00-9AA254C58355.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 69
It's so vague and contradictory to be meaningless.

Maybe Kaylee had blocked someone on her WhatsApp and socials, then that person texted her on the morning of the Sunday like "Hey. How are you?" trying to seem friendly.

I respect Mr Goncalves immensely. I'm not sure I'd able to do media interviews and public speechs etc. Perhaps it's cathartic. Also he feels proactive in finding the killer.

It seemed like he wanted to tell us something important but wasn't able to

I'm reminded of Ronald Goldman's father when everything went down back in 94. He was doing lots of interviews.

I look at it as the father is trying to be a voice for his child. It's understandable. Unless we've been in that situation, we can't possibly understand.

There sorta could be. You want to kill but you have no one particular in mind. You wander around RANDOMLY looking for an easy TARGET.

What you have described above is RANDOM.
Otherwise going by what you're saying, means everyone who gets murdered is a target. Which they are not.

There's targeted and there's random. There is no combining the two.

Random implies not knowing the victims or anything about them - a complete impulse murder. Fate, roll of the dice etc.

Targeting implies a level of knowing something about them, or their lives - OR the perp having chosen them for some reason, however small.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members