ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets assume the killer was unaware of the first floor roommates and that is why they were not targeted. That means he must not be familiar with the house. It also means he came from the back and left from the back, never knowing there was another level. If that is the case then it would have to be someone who was either new in town and happened to approach from that direction or he is somewhat familiar with the house but only from the rear. If he was aware of the other roomates on the first floor but decided they live then that is an area to focus. I can’t believe we have not heard much from the student population. Are they under some sort of gag order from the university?

I keep seeing questions pertaining to the bedrooms, locks, who was on the lease, etc. I have two children that have both graduated from college in the last 3 years. They each went to school in different states, but both lived at one time, in off campus houses (one a 3 level similar to the Moscow home)that catered to students. With both homes, none of the interior doors had individual locks outside of the just traditional locks on standard door knobs. However, each student (or his/her parents) had to qualify for their portion of the lease meaning it wasn't a lump monthly sum divided by 4 -6 people which affected everyone if one student didn't pay...4 tenants/4 separate leases. If one student didn't pay, he/she got evicted, but not the rest. The evicted one's bedroom was then leased to another person - sometimes it was a friend, other times it was someone they didn't know.

I know this is a long post, but was this house set up like this? I know all the girls knew each other and 4/5 belonged to the same sorority, but how long had each been living there and was there a possible disgruntled previous tenant?

<modsnip - off limits> If the person who did it didn't kill the four students s/he will kill something again, at some point. Let me ask...
Are there other crimes like this one in the state or other states?
Why did one of the victims say she was being stalked? Is this fact? Do we have confirmation of this?
The lock changing was it the door of the girl said to be stalked?

I have other questions like why these four? Were the others targets too? Do they think this is a crime of opportunity? Anyone have thoughts yet? Are we allowed to discuss this kind of thing? I'm not talking about rumors or anything like that just trying to piece things together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has been asked already, but can anyone provide any insight on what device this might be and what its used for?

Source

Caption: "A member of the Idaho State Police forensics team works at a house in Moscow, Idaho, last Friday. Four University of Idaho students were found dead in the home on Nov. 13. (Ted S. Warren / Special to The Seattle Times)"

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-03 182136.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-03 182136.png
    925.3 KB · Views: 126
Thanks - I have that one. But the original time it was addressed by LE - either via press release or via press conference/LE verbal communication, does anyone have that clip or release?
Respectfully, every news release, Update, and/or Summary by Moscow PD, and/or answer to FAQ is addressed at the King Road Homicide weblink in their own words -- direct source. IMO, I trust this site over any embellished information by MSM.

I have exterior keypad entries and the doors certainly do not unlock if the power fails. Mine have keyed or keyless (coded) entry.
Most of these types of locks in the US (in houses) are battery operated and not hooked up to the electrical system of your house. There are exceptions, like if you have a gate or door where you can ‘buzz’ someone in, but that is fairly rare.

Great response; thank you. Maybe overall I’m just caught up on the broken screen via the back of the house (which leads directly into the vacant bedroom) and trying to piece together his movements before-and-after.
I think it's important to consider all the aspects and then toss the ones that really don't seem to work and keep the rest. So much depends on the type of murderer, too. We just don't know. But as we get farther and farther away from the date, we leave sloppy and obvious killer in the rearview IMO.

Last edited:
Lets assume the killer was unaware of the first floor roommates and that is why they were not targeted. That means he must not be familiar with the house. It also means he came from the back and left from the back, never knowing there was another level. If that is the case then it would have to be someone who was either new in town and happened to approach from that direction or he is somewhat familiar with the....
I feel that it was a targeted attack. The person at least knew which house the victim(s) lived. The house seems to sit off the road a bit. There are other homes closer to the road to choose from if it was just random. I do agree with coming in from the back - one can't tell it has the first floor, if that were the case.

Thinking about all the kids. Three weeks ago now they were getting ready for a normal, usual college Saturday night. Maybe doing the 'girlie' things that Jake talked about yesterday at the memorial. Not a care in the world. So heartbreaking knowing what laid ahead for them, and for all the people that loved them so much. My heart breaks for the families and friends that are now coping with the unthinkable.

Could anyone, not necessarily the OP, post a pic of what one of these coded locks might look like? I must live a sheltered existence or am just old...I don't think I have ever seen a lock outside a bedroom door in a home.
1670118016188.png

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can anyone provide any insight on what device this might be and what its used for?

Source

Caption: "A member of the Idaho State Police forensics team works at a house in Moscow, Idaho, last Friday. Four University of Idaho students were found dead in the home on Nov. 13. (Ted S. Warren / Special to The Seattle Times)"

Thanks in advance!
I don’t know but it has a tank on the bottom so I am thinking maybe something like a luminol sprayer

Example:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kwikset-Sm...y-Electronic-Handle-Lighted-Keypad/1001223664
Heck, I had no idea that people had these types of locks on bedroom doors, but I'm also old.

I would think they would be common in "rooms for rent" (where people don't know each other), but it seems like in this home, the occupants were all friends and knew each other. (So, it's one of those things that just isn't answered)
Extremely popular with Airbnb and a shared house. No more lost keys, an electronic footprint for homeowner/host, and the code can be changed anytime.

So I’m listening to Brian Entin’s live Twitter Spaces right now (no video, it’s just audio). He’s outside the house and per the previous tweets posted, 3 LE entered and turned on lights. He said about 5 or 10 minutes ago the lights turned off but no one left. He just walked around and said he can see someone (at least one of the LE that went in) in one of the first floor bedrooms through the blinds (still no lights on). He can’t tell what they’re doing.

So I’m listening to Brian Entin’s live Twitter Spaces right now (no video, it’s just audio). He’s outside the house and per the previous tweets posted, 3 LE entered and turned on lights. He said about 5 or 10 minutes ago the lights turned off but no one left. He just walked around and said he can see someone (at least one of the LE that went in) in one of the first floor bedrooms through the blinds (still no lights on). He can’t tell what they’re doing.
That’s interesting! First floor bedroom (survivors) lights off.

They just came out and have paper bags.

Edit- they were only in there about 30 minutes, most of the time with the lights off, at least some of the time in a first floor bedroom and then left with paper bags. Sounds like they knew what they were looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph