ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to know if Murphy was crated when they weren't home. Was this actually mentioned anywhere? I say this because if he wasn't and the perp came into the home and came in contact with him and then the perp was hiding somewhere I think Murphy would have been acting weird or whining, even if he wasn't the type of dog to bark. Dogs have instincts. Even if the perp was known to the dog and hiding in the house, Murphy would probably be acting anxious. I know all dogs have different tempermants but....just a thought

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, and I am sure the police have covered it already, but have they checked into repairmen coming into the house for an issue or installation (electrical, plumbing, cable, wifi, etc.)? Most repairmen will not go inside a home, even with rentals, unless someone is home. They would know the layout of the home as well as see at least one of the girls.

I hope this link works, it was provided to us by @thatssoamy on the previous thread. It is a link to the memorial service that was held yesterday for the victims of the murder and was organized by Xana's family.

I am reposting it on this new thread in case anyone wants to watch it. The first speaker, after the pastor, is Maddie's boyfriend, Jake. Xana's father, sister, and aunt also spoke at the service. The last speaker was Ethan's best friend, Hunter J. Sounds like he and his girlfriend, E, were very close to Ethan and Xana and spent a lot of time together.

After Hunter J. spoke, the pastor read two letters written by the surviving roommates. Each one of the surviving roommates talked about each of the victims and what they meant to her. IMO, it showed how close the personal relationships were with all of the members of the house, how deeply engaged each one of them were with one another, and how much each member of the house loved one another. Their heartfelt remarks really shed light on how integrated the lives of the 5 young women were, and also with Ethan.

JMO. And thanks to @thatssoamy for contacting the church and getting this link for us, so that those of us who missed the live ceremony could watch the video.

Edited to add:
Pastor reads surviving roommates' letters around the 2:57:24 mark.

Also added last name initial for speaker that was Ethan's best friend, Hunter J. who spoke at the service, so as not to confuse him with Ethan's sibling who has same first name).
Thanks for posting a working link for the celebration of life at "Real Life Ministries." Beautiful tributes for all the victims and especially learned more about Xana here.

I’m not sure if anyone has brought her this up but it seems that locals know about the Grub Truck live streaming on a regular basis.

Could the perpetrator(s) have been watching the Twitch live close by to choose an ideal target and then follow them home somehow?

Note between 3 minutes 45 seconds and 4 minutes 10 seconds (give or take), Nancy Grace states clearly that there's one perpetrator and he's not in CODIS or AFIS. She's staying DNA results of the perp is back. Interesting points. She continues to explain.
I just can’t give Nancy Grace a lot of weight. She is such a sensationalist.

So all the phone calls are interesting. Perhaps the killer wanted to have him come to the house….he was telling the girls to call him….finally when they couldn’t reach him, got frustrated, committed the murders to protect himself ….. in other words, maybe he was the target…JMO

Long time lurker here. I work in the home security industry in the uk. Most keypad entry systems can be overridden where the control panel is. Usually next to the fuse board. All someone would need to do is drop the power, and the doors will release, as they would in a fire. There’s always a battery back up but again, very easy to override without tools
Great, tell everyone this-wow Maybe have a pad lock on that then, seriously!!!!

Note between 3 minutes 45 seconds and 4 minutes 10 seconds (give or take), Nancy Grace states clearly that there's one perpetrator and he's not in CODIS or AFIS. She's stating DNA results of the perp is back. Interesting points. She continues to explain.
Reading between the lines, she's saying since there hasn't been an arrest, then this person's DNA is not in AFIS or CODIS. What she doesn't say is whether they even have the suspect's DNA????

Nothing has been indicated that they even have DNA from a potential suspect.

7C03E221-9A47-48C2-8405-6FA802741827.jpegThe image flipped but you get the idea. These are from my bedroom to my bathroom and then to my closet. A safe room, if you will. They have a battery pack so the electrical being off doesn’t hinder their performance. But, they make beeps (and not quiet beeps) when entering each digit. And the actual unlock (or lock) isn’t quiet at all.

So did the killer or killers choose a knife for a reason? Was it part of the planned attack, or was this a spur of the moment, use what's available type scenario? Benefits of using a knife are it's quieter, doesn't need reloading, no spent ammo left behind, no firearm record, and possibly harder to trace. The downsides of using a knife are, it's messier, more physically demanding, closer contact with victim, and the chance of injury to the attacker. So was the knife used to make these murders more personal, was it used to send a message, or was it simply what the killer had available? Thoughts?

I've been thinking a lot about that question - what does the use of a knife over a gun tell us? I've seen many theories (couldn't get a gun, idolizes the knife, gets a sexual thrill out of plunging the knife into victims, etc). All valid theories.

But I think the primary reason for using a knife over a gun is the stealth factor. A gunshot in real life is nothing like you see in the movies, it is LOUD. Really loud. Especially indoors. Not only would the first shot almost certainly have awakened everyone else in the house before the next move, it could also result in neighbors calling 911 right on the spot and peeking out their windows to see what they heard.

JMHO
Exactly, but more importantly, this must have been someone VERY SKILLED at using this knife and subduing FOUR people... A PAIR at a time! Yes, they were asleep, but this perp still had enough CONFIDENCE to carry it out as planned utilizing superior stealth and skill.

Interesting but I think it’s a typo, police say that the four “suspects” were in different places in Moscow that night. Link included plus screenshot from article. Click on the attachment to see that sentence.

The linked news has already been edited from "suspects" to victims.

Police say that the four victims were in various places throughout Moscow before returning to the King Road house...

I am trying to follow your train of thought regarding the “curfew” suggestion.
The victims were home in their house when they were killed so wondering how a curfew helps? The four victims arguably would still be alive if they stayed out all night and never went home that night. What am I missing? JMOO
I think the idea of having a curfew is an interesting one. Maybe with the curfew in place it would potentially eliminate any nighttime movement from place to place of the killer. And if there was movement of anyone they would be perhaps questioned.

Um, most places in the country haven't recently had 4 students massacred in their sleep by an unnamed and unknown suspect still roaming the streets.

My opinion.

100%. I live in an apartment complex on the 3rd floor and always felt safe. When I let my dog out I never used to lock my door, too much of a hassle if I'm just running in and out quick. Now I lock it every single time and I close all my blinds now as soon as the sun goes down.
I'm doing the same. Live in a a small, 10,000 or less, affluent community ( not me!), and have not locked my doors in over 15 years. But I am now. This crime has impacted my thinking like none other as I realize that I'm likely 99.99% safe but there is a .01% chance that I'm not safe.

Note between 3 minutes 45 seconds and 4 minutes 10 seconds (give or take), Nancy Grace states clearly that there's one perpetrator and he's not in CODIS or AFIS. She's stating DNA results of the perp is back. Interesting points. She continues to explain.
This was 5 days ago? So, I am inclined to think it isn't fact, but an inclination by her sensationalized revelation.

Long time lurker here. I work in the home security industry in the uk. Most keypad entry systems can be overridden where the control panel is. Usually next to the fuse board. All someone would need to do is drop the power, and the doors will release, as they would in a fire. There’s always a battery back up but again, very easy to override without tools
This could be because of the geographical difference but a lot of the keypad locks we use on doors here run on battery. Both of mine do and battery usually only needs replacing once every five years.

I think she is assuming that if the DNA were identifiable, there would be a suspect already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member